“Great hotel for business travel...”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Hartland, Maine
“Great hotel for business travel...”
Reviewed 12 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a two day business trip. The room was very nice and the desk area was perfect for my laptop. I enjoyed the restaurant, continental breakfast and 24 hour coffee. Would stay again!

Stayed March 2012
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

West Lebanon, NH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Hebrew first
Lee, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The public areas of this hotel are the best - from the soaring fireplace in the lobby to the waterfall and fishpond in the restaurant. Very open and airy. The rooms were very clean.and spacious. Loved the fireplace and massage chair in the room. Price was competitive with others in the area so why not go for the ambiance and a friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a fireplace and on the back side away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for writing your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

new hampshire
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed at Fireside while my husband had surgery at DHMC. It is hard to find the place ~ drive behind the lumber yard ~ but so worth it! My room had king size bed, mini fridge and microwave and most important Massage Chair!! after a very stressful day it was wonderful! Bed was nice and large TV and very clean. In the morning I was able to enjoy the breakfast buffet with friendly servers before my return to the hospital. I did not use the pool or other recreational facilities but it looked nice and clean ~ I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Dartmouth College or are have family at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Roomsdivision Manager
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I love the lobby of this hotel - the ski chalet feel with a fish pond and garden in the middle of the lobby. The front desk staff is courteous, and the food in the Garden Court restaurant is pretty good food for such a small hotel. The breakfast buffet was great, with really fresh food - much better than many such buffets. So here are the negatives - the bed in my room was hard as a rock. And there is no elevator in the property so if you are on the 2nd floor (or even on part of the first floor) be prepared to have to haul your luggage up the stairs.

Room Tip: Just remember - there is no elevator!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Roomsdivision Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My family makes an annual trip to Lebanon at this time of year, and the past two times we have stayed at this hotel to be with friends. But next time, friends or no, we will be staying somewhere else. The Firesides Inn is tired, tired, tired--desparately in need of new carpeting, bathroom remodels, repainting, landscape/drainage work, a pool redo, etc--and in addition has real problems... some of which I see the management has acknowledged in the past here on this site but still not fixed. Wifi still does not work everywhere in the hotel, for example, despite the assurances in reply to a review in 9/2011 that this problem was being addressed. Also, there seems to be no insulation between rooms. I could hear everything the people in the room next to ours were saying. Our tub made weird gurgling sounds for an hour after every time someone nearby took a shower or used the sink (which we could also hear clearly). Our shower had very low water pressure. Our towels were very very thin.
Breakfast in the hotel is average, offering the typical fare you find in mast chain hotels: pour-your-own waffles, watery eggs, factory-type pastries. But it begins too late on the weekends, or at least on the weekend we come here for, on which there is a big event families must get to early in the morning. The management must know about this event, as it fills the hotel every year. You would think they might make some arrangement for these guests on this weekend as they are, after all, expecting their hotel rate would include breakfast.
Want to try to end this review on a positive note, so I will say that the fellow who was working the front desk was very nice... I am sorry I don't know his name or I would mention it.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank K J
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
We regret that we were not able to address this particulars guest's concerns prior to their departure.

It is evident that this guest was not booked into one of our currently renovated rooms. We have been diligently working on renovating our guests rooms and are currently 70% completed.

The wifi upgrade, as stated in previous responses, has been a work in progress, as it has not been a simple task to complete. There were a number of concerns that needed to be addressed in regards to the wifi, and we are happy to say that the upgrade is now complete. We have been receiving great feedback on the upgrade, and will do our very best to keep up with the ever-changing world of technology

We sincerely hope that this guest will be willing to give us another chance to show them the renovations and upgrades that we have been working on.

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Fireside Inn was about 90% completed with their remodeling when I visited. From what I saw and experienced, they have done a nice job. This hotel reminds me of some of the cool local hotels on the North shore of Lake Tahoe, but with a New England vibe. The hotel has two floors but has multi-levels since it is built into the side of the hill. There are no elevations, so ask for a ground floor if you can't do stairs.
The lobby is spacious with a large fireplace and fountain and stone flooring. The front desk was very professional and helpful with complementary copies of the local paper. One of my pet peeves when traveling is getting the USA Today or New York Times; I like to read the local newspaper to get a feel for the community and the local happenings. Even when the local paper is a rag (and it was), I still like to get a local perspective.
The rooms were spacious with a mini fridge and microwave and very good in-room tea/coffee. The beds were firm, but comfortable. I'm tall, so soft beds usually give me a backache. The showers had great water pressure, good drainage (another pet peeve), and lots of hot water. The soap, shampoo, and conditioner were from "Bath and Body Works" and very good.
The free breakfast was awesome! Eggs, sausage or bacon, Belgian waffles, fried red potatoes, yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, milk, fruit, OJ, coffee, hot teas, etc...
There was also a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. And a ping pong table. There is also a nice exercise room.
The lobby also had a nice little gift shop, where I bought a nice mug and some "Wicked" creme pies for gifts.
Most hotels try to cut corners where they think you won't (but still do) notice. The Fireside Inn was great at the little details. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: As for a ground floor room if you don't like stairs.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to be welcoming you back to the area soon.

nh
Reviewed 24 January 2012

During a difficult time for our family (our grandson was to have surgery at Dartmouth Medical) we arranged to stay at the Fire Side Inn. Gary was very courteous and compassionate to our needs. Thank you so much!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and are delighted to hear that we are doing just that. We hope to welcome you back to the area soon. Hopefully under much more pleasant circumstances.

West Lebanon, NH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!