“Nice relaxing night away”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Don't listen to all those negative reviews. We had a great stay. Room was clean and ready when we got there. Staff all very nice and helpful. Pool was great. The free breakfast was good too. To all the negative posts if you want fancy fancy then go stay at a Hilton or Marriott!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ConquerNH
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

You tell 'em ConquerNH! Thank you for your review. We appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed here numerous times and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are always clean, the people are friendly and helpful and they have the best free breakfast buffet around. Love the complimentary whoopie pies too! For the price you will never find a better value!

Room Tip: We had a room with a massage chair. I highly recommend that!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Always a pleasure having you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Nice stop before the Kanc. Management very accommodating to bikes. They let you park in front Under awning. Great breakfast. Discount if you arrive on bike. Good wifi, try seven barrel pub across parking lot. Great pub style food and drink.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We love the Biker Community and welcome them with open arms. Next time you are in the area, you should try the bar at our Garden Court Restaurant. Seven Barrel is nice, but doesn't compare to the atmosphere of the Garden Court.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

At first I was skeptical of this hotel because of the way you drive up to the hotel. Once I saw the front I felt better about staying here. Once you enter, you're welcomed to a clean space with a view of the dining room and the front lounge space. The front desk staff was very nice and responsive to needs. Once I entered my hallway I was again skeptical because there was a very strong smell of weed. However, I opened my door and my room smelt clean and fresh. The breakfast in the morning was good. I'm a vegetarian and there was enough there for me to have a full meal. Although I was only here for one night, I would come back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank anon20104

Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. I am terribly sorry that you had to experience that smell. From time to time, guests feel that it is ok to smoke in a non smoking hotel because they are not smoking cigarettes. They are mistaken. When any smoke odor is found in the building, it is dealt with immediately. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The Fireside Inn isn't a luxury hotel, but it is a large step up from budget motels, a good value. Attractive lobby with its huge stone fireplace, nice staff, good full breakfasts in the dining room, always available coffee and tea in the lobby, attracive, clean pool.

Not a scenic view to be had, but hey. It's immediately off I-89, handy to Lebanon's "miracle mile" of stores, restaurants, gas stations etc. So a good place to stop if you are on your way through the area, and once you are inside, it will be clean and pleasant.

The room I stayed in was soacious, clean, and equipped with all the ame ities I look for - very large TV in good working order, ditto the WiFi. Extra plugs at the desk for chargers, a mini-microwave and fridge, nice bedding and a good mattress, plenty of cupboard and drawer storage, the reclining easy chairs, (which is uncommon and a great feature), nice toiletries, and a Keurig coffeemaker.

I thought it was a good value, and gave me a comfortable place to stay with all the extras I wanted. There were shabby bits around the hotel here and there, a patched-up door here, carpeting needing an upgrade there, towel hook in bathroom beginning to come loose, etc. but all the essentials were there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear MJP,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that we were able to suit your needs. We are constantly working on upgrading the hotel. The carpet that you spoke of was just replaced as it had begun to "bubble". We have recently started replacing the carpeting in our guest rooms, with Pergo flooring. The feedback that we have been receiving has been very positive. We are looking into getting a glass elevator installed in the lobby. Thank you again for your feedback. Be on the look out for our future renovations. They are very exciting.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Staff was great. Room was clean. Sold over the phone as a suite (gas fireplace, not a large space). Cooked food on breakfast buffet was not good. Not worth $200 a night but we needed a place to stay last minute.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tltravels

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the hot breakfast buffet. It is very rare that we hear that. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will be willing to give us another chance. Keep in mind that our rates do fluctuate during the year.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

You can tell from the other reviews that the place is a bit shabby around the edges, but is being upgraded bit by bit. It is a rather huge place, so it will probably take a while. It is dated and well, even a bit nerdy if a hotel can be called that! However, we found the staff very nice and helpful. There was a problem with our room and we were upgraded to another. A staff member appeared at our door to guide us to the new room and help with our luggage. The upgrade was a slightly larger room closer to the lobby. It had a gas fireplace (just what we needed in July), high ceiling, a crazy huge massage chair and a flat screen TV w/o HD. The A/C worked just fine, the bathroom was clean and nothing smelled like mildew. There was a threadbare spot in the hall carpeting just outside our room and some obvious chips in the paint on the door frame across from us. We could always hear people talking as they walked down the hallway. Our room package included a $20 coupon for dinner both nights of our stay and we took advantage of it upon arrival. We skipped the buffet because the choices didn't appeal to us and ordered from the menu. Our food was delicious! Better than expected. Everything was fresh and home made and plentiful. All the wait staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast buffet was okay and typical..make your own waffle and pancake machines, along with scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, breads, etc. We did not use the pool because we didn't have time, but it was popular with families with children. The pool area is indoors and hot like a sauna. It was so warm outdoors they could have opened the doors or something to let in some fresh air. I can only imagine the temperature of the water. This was not our first choice of hotel and I fully expected it to be a bit different...and it was..but we stayed, slept well, ate well and found it convenient to the two main highways and shopping, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for something close to the main lobby for convenience. Call direct to make a reservation and as...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you acknowledged that we are updating the hotel bit by bit. Sometimes it is difficult for guests to understand that renovations do not happen overnight. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and look forward to your next visit.

West Lebanon, NH

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!