“Our stay at the Fireside”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Ansonia, Connecticut
“Our stay at the Fireside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. We live in CT. This hotel is only 3 hours by car. It makes for a nice getaway. We have always experienced a very friendly and helpful check-in crew. We use their complementary breakfast. And again the staff has been very friendly and helpful, especially Tammy.

Room Tip: The first floor is easy for older guests to get around. All hallways lead to the lobby so there'...
2 Thank Beth R
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I agree, Tammy is truly a gem and we are very happy to have her as part of the Fireside Team. Thank you for providing the community with your feedback. We hope to be welcoming you back to the area soon.

West Lebanon, NH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Hebrew first
Wolcott, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I frequent this area, and always make this hotel our home. Our favorite manager (Diana) and our favorite waitress (Tammy) greet us like family. As a general rule we never use hotel restaurants, but Fireside's beautifully decorated restaurant is the exception to this rule! Dinners are fantastic and very reasonably priced, and breakfast (included) is exceptional. The free-form pool and jacuzzi area is very large with plenty of room for people to relax and enjoy each other's company without tripping over other people. And an in-room massage chair (select rooms) is the perfect way to end the night. We will always make Fireside our home-away-from-home when traveling to, through, or near the area. This hotel does it right! -- Gary & Mary

Room Tip: Request a Message-Chair room!
4 Thank GMVaca
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had an excellent stay at Fireside. Every single staff member we had contact with gave superior, friendly service. The accommodations and amenities were very good. The best part was their out-of-their welcoming to our dog! It's one of the most pet friendly hotel we've stayed at.

3 Thank Sander L
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Hello Sander,

Thank you for your kind words. At The Fireside Inn & Suites, we love our pets and we understand that it can be very difficult to get away when you can't take ALL your family members with you. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your return visit.

Barre, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I am a local and I just ate in the Garden Court Restaurant for the first time. What a great hidden gem! I was not aware it was even open to the public. The food was super (I had the meatloaf) and the bartender was friendly. She even introduced me to other guests. I will definitely be sending my friends and visiting relatives to stay (and eat) at the Fireside.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Doris3214
Thank you for sharing your experience. The Garden Court is a wonderful addition to The Fireside Inn. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is unlike any other, especially during the winter months when you can dine in a tree filled atrium.
Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Gorham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked with them by phone just a couple of nights prior to our stay and settled on a reasonable rate offered by them. The entrance was a bit tricky to find at night but I really liked the lamps leading you into the property. Yes...it is a bit dated but I liked the firplace as you enter and the water feauture/greenery area in the dining area. I was greeted by a gentleman at the desk who immediately questioned the rate we got and left the desk to check on it. This was not an acceptable beginning to our check in. If this was the rate confirmed on the phone and by my email confirmation, it shouldn't be an issue. He couldn't find anyone so he let it go, then proceeded with our check in. Our room was a king and it was roomy. The bath was a bit small but the bath and body works products made up for this. Everything was clean but as other said, a bit dated. The TV was huge and worked well. K CUP green mountain coffee and whoopie pies at check in also gave it a nice touch. We cringed when we saw 6 buses in the lot filled with students. The solution...the a/c - heating unit. We love places that have one that has the fan "on" setting. We put it in fan high and it ran all night providing "white noise" that allowed us to sleep through the night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hopsing-NH
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback. I recall the front desk agent confirming your rate with me. I apologize for the inconvenience. This wasn't done to question you, rather our system, as with all computers, there can be a "glitch" from time to time, and the desk agent wanted to be sure that you were receiving the rate that you were quoted. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, and the amenities. We are constantly making improvements to the facility to ensure that our guests receive a friendly, clean, and comfortable experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to be welcoming you back, the next time you are in the area.

West Springfield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Just wanted to make sure I shared my wonderful experience at this hotel...the service I received as soon as I walked thru the door was very friendly and inviting...not to mention the overwhelming beauty that captured me..the place is absolutely beautiful with a nice warm fireplace to help comfort us in this cold time of year!...I was given a few different options of rooms...all at reasonable rates to my surprise...so I chose the room with a king size bed...a fireplace(think I thing for fireplaces this time of yr..lol).... And the best was this amazing massaging chair!..my room was very clean and comfortable!..so being very pleased thus far I thought I'd try the dinning area for some dinner...again very beautiful homey feeling...menu..many options..prices..affordable..portions...more than enough..I needed a doggy bag...quality was absolutely delicious...FYI I had the Cajun chicken Alfredo and I will def have it again it was amazing!..so then the next morning the breakfast buffet was to die for I was so shocked with all the options to choose from...free breakfast with all these options that just doesn't happen free is usually cereal and maybe a stale donut and cold coffee..lol...well not here the options ranged from cold or hot cereal..variety of Danish..toast..bagels..English muffins..fresh yummy fruit..pancakes and waffles that u make fresh right there...different juices to choose from and the hot buffet with fluffy eggs...bacon...home fries...and there was an amazing quiche....everything that I tried was fresh hot and delicious...the waitstaff was warm and friendly and funny to boot...coffee was fresh hot and tasty and she kept my cup full!..just in the time I was sitting there I saw the also friendly kitchen staff come out many times to check the buffet food and kept it full rotated and fresh...Needless to say I had an amazing visit and will def pass this along to all my friends and family and look forward to staying again!..thankyou fireside for an amazing stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Charity E
Hello Charity E,

Those massage chairs are wonderful and the food in the restaurant, especially the breakfast buffet, is amazing. There is nothing like it in the area. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions with us. We look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully in the near future.

Brownsville, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Where should I start? 1.Great Location for shopping. 2.Rooms are clean, comfortable, and a TV with a remote!! 3. Breakfast buffet was fantastic. 4.Waitstaff friendly and a little funny. 5. Very stylish cook's, pants were the talk of the table!! 6.Not your typical hotel. 7.Just a great place to stay at a affordable price, Can't wait to visit the Fire Side Inn again.. Until next time, Stay safe,Stay healthy,and continue to do what you all do, Because you all do it well!!

Room Tip: ask about the massage chair.. Once your in it, you wont want to get out!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank blueerik
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor. I agree, we do have a wonderful facility and the restaurant is amazing as well. The new chef has done wonders with the menu, and the atmosphere is unparalleled. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next stay with us.

West Lebanon, NH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!