Bluegreen Vacations South Mountain, Ascend Resort Collection
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The room was so nice, everything I hoped for and more, but the heat would not stop blowing out of the unit. I finally got a maintenence guy to try to do something to fix it...Around 11:00 at night it still kept pumping out the heat (the middle of May) and I could not take it any more and demanded a new room which they eventually gave me. It's otherwise a nice hotel, but I won't return.

Room Tip: You'll love this place in Winter -- Lots of heat
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Bluegreen Vacations South Mountain, Ascend Resort Collection

Reviewed 27 November 2011

My friends and I stayed here in November 2011. We stayed in one of the suites with a kitchen and jacuzzi. It was cozy, clean, and comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful and easy-going. This hotel has a hot tub, pool, dvds, board games, and a pool. I wish that the room had wi-fi, but you can access it in the lounge area. There is a couple of vending machines, but I wish that they had a bar/pub. The computer there is very slow, so be warned. Everything is located on the main road, including a supermarket. Unfortunately, because of the season there wasn't much to do. The fall foliage was over, and skiing season hasn't begun yet. You can drive along the beautiful stretch of road to Conway for something to do (and shop when you get up there). Overall, I would stay here again :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank su2doz
Reviewed 22 November 2011

In this economy, eeking out a few days away was an accomplishment in itself. Trying to be cost conscious, we decided to drive to New Hampshire and visit some of our favorite Lincoln restaurants, hiking trails, and scenic vistas. We choose this resort because of its location, and positive reviews. We did not expect a 5 star resort, but we did expect it to be comfortable and accomodating. Unfortunately, our initial experience was anything but positive. Upon our arrival, the annoyed, surly receptionist seemeded to delight in our room assignment. We booked our room directly, specifically requesting a 2nd or 3rd floor balcony room overlooking the pool and mountains. She gave us the basement. We were relagated to the "dungeon". Our dark, dank, basement corner room, had small windows looking UP at the sidewalk and parking lot. It seemed to be a converted storage area and was completely inappropriate for guests.. Needless to say, we were not just shockingly disappointed, but very annoyed with the desk receptionist, and the property owners who would actually place guests in this space (at the same cost as one of the nicer, brighter, rooms with a balcony and scenic view). Fortunately, when I attempted to check out the next day to find more suitable accomodations, a wonderfully helpful receptionist was working. She immediately appologized for her co-worker's "handy-work" and moved us to a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool and mountains. My recommendation: The InnSeason Resort can be comfortable, as long as you are not relagated to the dungeon!

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor balcony room overlooking the mountains!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SallyRI
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My 2 children (12 and 9) and I stayed here along w/some friends for one week at the end of August 2011. The location is great! Sits right on the main road, yet is set back enough (a few hundred feet) to have quiet enjoyment of the mountain region. Sits right on the Pemigewasset River (a few hundred feet; you can't see it from the grounds) We were there during Hurricance Irene and could hear the river roar afterward). The rear of the building, courtyard w/outdoor pool and hot tub face Loon Mountain. The grounds are small and beautifully manicured. A small firepit and charcoal grill on the lawn by the pool were available for guests. A very comfortable lounging library is also available for guests.

We stayed in a one-bedroom deluxe (sleeps 6) unit. VERY spacious and VERY clean. The resort was newly built only several years ago, so there is no sign of age and wear. THE HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE IS THE BEST I'VE EXPERIENCED IN A LONG TIME. Anything you need, I never had to ask (they knew what to do and provide!), very friendly and respectful of privacy, very accommodating. NO sound issues from other guests. VERY quiet! All staff were very hospitable. We never wanted for anything and were completely at ease during our vacation (usually there's something that irritates us a little, but we didn't experience that here).

The indoor pool was a turn-off so we avoided it. Seemed dingy and unattractive. However, there was construction going on at the time in that area for a new two-tiered hot tub, so I cut them slack on that. Based on another review, apparently the hot tub is up and running, so I'd hope the resort has cleaned up the indoor pool area.

At the time of our visit, we also could use facilities and participate in many activities offered at Inn Season Pollard Brook---a 1/2 mile down the road. They offer a great variety of activities from moose and covered bridge excursions to bon fires w/smores to movie night to crafts for children to Bingo nights, etc. This resort also offers amenities of tennis courts, basketball, ping-pong, fitness center and more. So we had many options for our pleasure.

South Mountain is close to many conveniences and great attractions. Can walk 5 minutes to a reasonably priced food market, movie theatre and other shops. 10 minutes drive to Clark's Trading Post; 20 minutes to Whale's Tale Waterpark; 30 minutes to the Lost River, 50 minutes to Santa's Village, Six Gun City and Story Land and Mount Washington. Of course, so many great places to go that I can't list them all. Right on the strip for a wonderful drive along the Kancamagus Highway. And just so much opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of the White Mountains. The visitor center in Lincoln has a very nicely done mini -museum. The Mount Washington Hotel is quite a sight.

I was VERY satifsfied, have no complaints and hope to return to South Mountain Resort.

Room Tip: Rear- facing rooms have patio/balcony and face the pool, courtyard and Loon Mountain. Front-facing...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lillibetz
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Our family stayed at this resort for the weekend to see the foliage and see some local attractions. The location of the resort was excellent, right next to Loon Mountain and very close to restaurants, shopping and other activities.
We were traveling with two children (one infant and one 2 year old), so the standard room was a bit cramped, however, it was to be expected with the kids. The room itself I would say was just average. The room didn't have any extra's, no bells and whistles that you might get at a more upscale resort. However, the room was clean and modern and the bathroom was also clean and well maintained. My only complaint was that there was an issue with the lack of thermostat. Either the heat was on full blast and you couldn't shut it off, or the air conditioning was on, there was no in between and there didn't seem to be a way to shut it off. It made for slightly uncomfortable sleeping.
The pool area was great, also very clean. We used the indoor pool, which was a bit too cold for my 2 year old and my husband. The hot tub was really nice, 2 levels with cascading waterfall and underwater colored lights.
All in all I would say the resort was good and I would return if I came back to the Lincoln, NH area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank krizz6
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Great location just outside White Mountain national forest. Easy drive to beautiful attractions. Short drive to Vermont. Spacious rooms. Quiet location right off main street. Close to shopping, restaurants, hiking, river. Skiing closeby. Staff excellent and helpful.

Room Tip: Front rooms overlook main street, but set back. Rear rooms overlook pool area and mountains. Eithe...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gwgross1
Reviewed 16 October 2011

As Blue Green Resort members we found our accommodations at the Inn Season Resort to be very nice and up to Blue Green standards. We had a studio apartment which was as large as most one bedroom apartments we have stayed in. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchen facilities were more than adequate. We received fresh towels daily, as well as, having our trash removed each day of our week long stay. The indoor pool was larger than most hotel pools and very clean. We did not use the outdoor pool but it was large and also very clean. The location of this hotel made it easy access to all the ski lifts, hiking trails, and other activities in the area. It is an outstanding location for viewing the beautiful fall colors. There were plenty of restaurants near the hotel and a grocery store was two buildings over from the resort. If you like microbreweries be sure to visit the Woodstock Inn Brewery in the adjoining town of Woodstock for a delicious meal and some great tasting beer. We especially liked their seasonal autumn beer. It was a long way from Missouri to New Hampshire but well worth the journey.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple