“SledVentures - Great Time !!”

SledVentures Snowmobile Rentals and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: SledVentures is snowmobile rental experience for friends, families and corporate groups.We provide everything you need to get you on the trail - from professional, courteous guides, to the final layer of winter gear; as well as proper instructions on how to ride. We are located in the heart of the White mountains,and we provide exciting scenic tours.
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My wife and I rented one sled as she was happy being a passenger. Great time.. Good trails through Franconia Notch with excellent guides. They are fully equipped to make sure you have the right gear for the day. Helmets/suits/gloves & boots. Highly recommend the hand/foot warmers especially for a passenger. We will definitely be returning.

All reviews
"nice tour"
"speed limit"
"skill level"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to go again"
in 3 reviews
"fun times"
"these guys"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I had never been snowmobiling before this and it was a good introduction to the winter activity.

The good: The snowmobiles all seemed to be in good shape and very easy to learn how to use and the guides and staff were very friendly. I brought a lot of my own equipment, but ended up using mostly their stuff because it was more "heavy duty". They have helmets, jackets, snowpants, gloves, and boots that anyone can use. Make sure you get there early because they can run out of sizes of some things. The equipment was clean and 2 of our 3 the guides wore the same gear as well - I liked this because it showed that they give their customers the same quality stuff the guides used all day. All you really have to bring is comfortable clothes underneath (layers!), probably a scarf or something to keep your neck warm, and layers of socks.

The not so good: We showed up and someone that works there brought her 2 daughters to work that day. They were probably 4-5 years old. Which is fine, until the worker wasn't watching her children and they proceeded to pour water on the floor and spread it all around the changing area with a sponge mop. That wouldn't be a big deal until you try to take off your shoes to put on snowpants and boots and there was not a dry spot to stand on. I found this very frustrating, wet socks to start 2 hours in the 0 degree weather is certainly not ideal.
If you want to use a restroom, you must walk (briskly) across Route 3 to the Inn across the street to use theirs.
I hope you like dogs, because the same worker that brought her daughters had her little dog running around as well. I'm assuming this woman must be the owner or owner's wife because who would let an employee bring a dog and kids to work and not supervise either?

Overall, 4 out of 5 stars - The snowmobiling itself was fun. I'm glad I did it. Not quite the adrenalin rush I was hoping for, but this was also the beginner tour, so we did not go above 20 MPH.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

A Groupon convinced me to give this a try. Even convinced the wife to ride behind. It was a nice highbacked seat so she didn't have to hold on for dear life when I punched it once or twice ;-))

First pleasant surprise is that they provided all the outergear: full face helmet, very warm boots and suit and gloves. I came prepared with my own warm stuff but theirs was better and we were glad for it because this is a COLD sport. Wear your warm stuff under theirs if you are at all inclined to be cold. The heated handle bars were also unexpected and welcome as I can see your fingers would be frozen otherwise.

The guides watched us do a couple laps around the parking lot and quickly sorted us into groups of similar ability. We went in a group with a half dozen ladies who all drove their single sleds with elan. This is not difficult if you have the barest aptitude on ice and snow.

It was a bright sunny day on the trip to the Notch. Beautiful zipping through the woods. Sun was a bit in our eyes coming back in the late afternoon so I recommend going earlier in the day if your schedule permits. The trail was quite bumpy so be prepared to pop some ibuprofen when you get home if your back is gimpy like mine. This kept the speeds down to 10-15 mph which is a good thing because you don't want to have a close encounter with a tree at 20 mph.

One other recommendation. Some of their sleds are still two cycle: a little noisier and some blue smoke which detracted from our experience as we were at the end of the line. Get on a four stroke and get in the front if you can.

Overall: Fun Fun!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

It was 2 degrees below zero but the fun and excitement of the snowmobile tour kept my girlfriend and I warm from beginning to end. This family run business is well worth your time. The snowmobile tour is exhilarating and everyone who works there is so friendly and welcoming. We didn't have enough gear to beat the frigid temperatures but they provide you with everything you need to keep your warm and focus on the beautiful scenery and trails and not on your freezing toes and fingers. Our guide was so much fun! His energy and love for the surrounding area was contagious. We had a little mishap with the sled, nothing serious, just went off the trail a bit and he was so nice about it and didn't make us feel like we had done something wrong. The sights you get to take in on this tour are like nothing else. Plus, if your group proves they are capable riders you may get to take a more adventurous trail on the way back! I highly recommend SledVentures to anyone seeking fun, adventure, or just something new and different to do the next time you're in New Hampshire.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We (Family) took the 2 hour Franconia Notch tour and made it to Cannon mountain and back on 12/31/12. The wife drove one sled, I drove the other, we each had a child behind us. There were 5 sleds in our group, plus the the guide (Dave). The machines were new & well maintained. The shop had gear available to wear which was included in the price. The office folk were very helpful getting people sized up and also provided large plastic bins for people to store their gear. Part of the start up was a safety / vehicle training review, then we followed the guide around a empty parking lot until we all felt comfortable driving. The trip was fun through the woods, driving on mainly trails north to Cannon, passing past the Flume and other points of interest along the way. We had a few stops and shared the trail with a handful other riders going the other way, who were very courteous to our group. we probably ran about 20 MPH once we all got comfortable driving and the trail straightened out. The sleds were capable of much higher speeds, but the opportunity was not available, but you felt like you were going plenty fast. It was a very positive experience for all of us, giving us a chance to see what snowmobiling is all about.