“What an amazing adventure!!”

SledVentures Snowmobile Rentals and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: SledVentures is snowmobile rental experience for friends, families and corporate groups.We provide everything you need to get you on the trail - from professional, courteous guides, to the final layer of winter gear; as well as proper instructions on how to ride. We are located in the heart of the White mountains,and we provide exciting scenic tours.
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I took my son on the longer ride during January and we were not disappointed! The family that owns the company are wonderful; very knowledgeable and accommodating. They are fully prepared with helmets, gloves, boots, pants and coats. My son is 21 and had never been on a snowmobile before. He learned really quickly and off we went. The trails were beautiful and the scenery is spectacular! Lunch on top of Cannon Mountain is a a MUST do! I will do this again and again! A few things to remember; make sure you wear really warm socks and warm underlayers. Also, if you have a head sock and/or neck warmer, be sure you bring it. My chin got cold through the crack in the face mask before I put mine on. Also, handwarmers are a must. The throttle has built in hand warmers, but the non throttle side hand can get really cold. Otherwise...you will have the time of your life and will so regret it if you don't do this while you are in New Hampshire in the winter!

All reviews
"novice"
"safety"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here as part of a gift to me since I had always wanted to go snowmobiling but knew I wanted to do it with a good company. Sledventures was awesome! It was super easy to book and find the place. The weather was perfect and it was just us and another couple with a guide. Best part was how they had a bunch of super warm and comfortable gear for people going riding. The snowmobiles were much easier than I expected in terms of learning how to drive them.

We had a lot of laughs, and a ton of memorable moments when we went up to Bog Pond and got to do donuts. Definitely would recommend this for anyone interested in a new thrill. I never thought I'd get snowmobile-fever but now I can't wait to go again!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

First time on snowmobiles for our family of four and we had a blast! They provide everything you need to ride, even boots! We got instructions on the starting, stopping, hand warmers and lots of other tips.The guides are really helpful and always looking out for everyone. The trails were well maintained and safe. The day we went was warm and the views were breathtaking . We did a 2 hour ride and we will definitely do it again. Everyone is very helpful and willing to answer any questions. You get to practice for a bit before you head up the mountain so you can get familiar with your sled.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

There's a first time for everything, and this was my first encounter with snowmobiles. My husband had used a Groupon to book a two-hour ski mobile tour, and asked whether I wanted to ride or drive. Not one to back away from a challenge, I chose to operate my own sled. The SledVentures people couldn't have been nicer, more accommodating or more supportive. The business supplies everything you could possibly need: the ski mobile, obviously, but also helmets with full-face visors, boots, gloves and heavy-duty pants and jackets. Unless you have actual snow mobile gear, use theirs. It was so incredibly impervious to the cold that while on our tour, we could feel wind buffeting us, but never felt the cold inside our gear. We were warm and toasty throughout.
Once everyone in our group was zipped up and ready, the guides taught us how to operate the sleds and gave us a few spins around the parking lot to accustom ourselves to operating the machines. The whole process was very easy, and the only part of it that took some time was accustoming ourselves to the turning radius and finding the right place on the throttle that propelled a smooth ride and not a slow-down-jerk-forward motion. Our guides were supportive of the newbies and very vigilant, one leading and the other picking up the rear. We had a beautiful sunny day to roam the snowy rails, with stops at a scenic location and at a frozen pond where we could experiment a little with operating the sleds. This was a really fun experience. Only two caveats: the location does not have restrooms, so plan accordingly; and make sure you ask how to regulate the handle warmers. These kept our hands warm, but I was using my own, somewhat thinner gloves. Until I figured out how to dial down the heat, my hands were a little TOO warm!