I recently took my 4 yr old daughter on vacation to the White Mountains for Labor Day weekend & failed to make reservations until about a wk before the trip. Luckily, I booked at KML, and I'm glad I did! Upon check in I was told we had been upgraded to a balcony room, which is always nice! The woman who checked us in (believe Leo's wife? Didnt catch her name) couldn't have been any friendlier. She took the time to talk to my daughter & I about our visit to Storyland, Clarks trading post, whales tale etc. My daughter loved their dog, Sammy & got to feed him treats when we would pop in to get towels for the pool. The indoor pool was perfect- clean, heated, big & uncrowded! We spent more time in the pool than our room. The firepit, game room & ping pong table were all available & nice options- unfortunately we didnt have enough time to put em to use, though.
The onsite restaurants were great, the food was very good & reasonably priced (plus free kids meal w/ purchase Of entree & a flash of room key!!). I got the thanksgiving dinner panini it was delicious. Also, last day my daughter and i had breakfast, and got to say goodbye to the other families we met at the pool.
As for the actual room:
We stayed in rm 11 (2 queen beds/balcony)
Room was spotless- very clean. Had drawers for clothes, flatscreen tv Etc. the beds were comfortable, linens clean- however i did notice some of the threads on quilt were lifting & the bed may have lost some of its firmness over time- neither a real big deal for me). The bathroom was very clean, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo etc.
At time of checkout, my daughter got to hand over the keys to Leo, say goodbye to Sammy & then what? Went for one last dip in the pool.. Worst part of the vacation, is that it ended.. Will definately be back whenever i get the chance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kancamagus Lodge is a family owned and operated lodge in the Heart of the White Mountains. Offering clean, comfortable, non smoking rooms, sorry pets are NOT allowed. Indoor Pool, Game Room, and on Site Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Kancamagus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Motel Lincoln
- The Kancamagus Lodge Lincoln, New Hampshire - White Mountains