“Nice place. Caters to motorcyclists”

The Kancamagus Lodge
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
“Nice place. Caters to motorcyclists”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here. Rooms are clean and if you let them know you are a motorcyclist they will accommodate first floor rooms. Groups events supported nicely and they even provided a bike washing station! Killer breakfast and a nice pool. Will Absolutely be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We are located in one of the most beautiful areas of NH for motorcycle riding. The Kancamagus Highway is right outside our front door! Several of us here at the Lodge have motorcycles and we love to ride in our free time. We host many groups throughout the year and we cater to each groups specific needs. Whether your a family of four or a group of forty we welcome you here into our family and try to make your vacation a memorable one!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I recently took my 4 yr old daughter on vacation to the White Mountains for Labor Day weekend & failed to make reservations until about a wk before the trip. Luckily, I booked at KML, and I'm glad I did! Upon check in I was told we had been upgraded to a balcony room, which is always nice! The woman who checked us in (believe Leo's wife? Didnt catch her name) couldn't have been any friendlier. She took the time to talk to my daughter & I about our visit to Storyland, Clarks trading post, whales tale etc. My daughter loved their dog, Sammy & got to feed him treats when we would pop in to get towels for the pool. The indoor pool was perfect- clean, heated, big & uncrowded! We spent more time in the pool than our room. The firepit, game room & ping pong table were all available & nice options- unfortunately we didnt have enough time to put em to use, though.

The onsite restaurants were great, the food was very good & reasonably priced (plus free kids meal w/ purchase Of entree & a flash of room key!!). I got the thanksgiving dinner panini it was delicious. Also, last day my daughter and i had breakfast, and got to say goodbye to the other families we met at the pool.

As for the actual room:
We stayed in rm 11 (2 queen beds/balcony)
Room was spotless- very clean. Had drawers for clothes, flatscreen tv Etc. the beds were comfortable, linens clean- however i did notice some of the threads on quilt were lifting & the bed may have lost some of its firmness over time- neither a real big deal for me). The bathroom was very clean, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo etc.

At time of checkout, my daughter got to hand over the keys to Leo, say goodbye to Sammy & then what? Went for one last dip in the pool.. Worst part of the vacation, is that it ended.. Will definately be back whenever i get the chance!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for posting such a nice review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located next to some of the regions most popular attractions and I'm glad you got the chance to visit them with your daughter. My wife Nicole and I are always here to provide recommendations and directions when needed. We are a family friendly destination with alot to offer as you noted, and I'm glad you got the chance to partake in some of what we have to offer here at the Lodge. I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. I'll tell Sammy you said HI!
Sun City Center, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We wanted a stop that was on the Kancamagus Highway but yet could give us options to see areas in all directions. This place was a great find. The price was reasonable and the host and hostess were so very helpful. They ride as we do and were able to give us some routes and stops that were great. The rooms are not fancy, they are practical and clean. There is an outside area for sitting around the fire and enjoying a drink. Many eating establishments within walking distance. Great find in our opinion!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thanks for the review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Several of us on property do ride motorcycles and we are always willing to share our favorite secret routes of the area with our guests. I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy one of our most popular amenities--our fire pit!! It is a nice way to unwind at the end of a day next to a crackling fire! We look forward to seeing you on your next ride to NH!!
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 3 September 2013

With all due respect this place is a dump. After reading multiple positive reviews about KML on Tripadvisor I booked a room with "a balcony that overlooks Loon Mountain" for two nights. Luckily we arrived very late. As soon as we saw the property it became clear that it was a cheap motel in a dilapidated building shared with a sports bar. To be fair the room was clean (ignoring a stain on bedding) and the bathroom looked new (finished with plastic panels instead of tiles). But there was nothing a maid could do with the stale air of a tired room. The reception staff was friendly and kind enough to let us stay for one night only instead of the two booked with no questions asked. I managed to find a hotel in Jackson for the second night. Next morning I checked out our balcony but the view was of power lines and a busy road rather than that of a mountain.
All in all this is a decent place if you are alone and just want to find a cheap place to sleep in for no more than a night but no way is this a family accommodation. If you are looking for a small inn or a nice hotel with view there are much better options in the area, KML isn't that.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nijat
I am glad you took the time to post a response. Trip Advisor is a great forum for everyone to express their opinions of our property. We appreciate all comments good and bad, and apparently we did not meet your expectations at all. I do disagree with your opening sentence, as do over 180 other reviewers on Tripadvisor who see us as an excellent place to stay. We are a terrific affordable,clean,convenient destination for families. We offer many amenities such as an Indoor pool,game room, ping pong, two firepits, basketball court, a very popular breakfast and dinner restaurant called Brittany's and the areas only sports pub called CJ's Penalty Box. I am glad our staff took care of you when you left a night early , it is not a frequent occurence for guests to leave unsatisfied and I am glad our staff acted accordingly for you. I apologize that our property was not up to your standards. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the United States.
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2013

while on vacation with 4yr old son, Anthony and i needed a place on the go after day at Clark's trading post. drove by and notice clean looking motel with family resturant attached, could save lot of time with tired boy. Upon entering Leo(owner)instantly took to paying attention to my son who asked if any rooms where avail. Had one left and proceeded to book room with my son .(he was thrilled) . After some fun small talk we went to room which was very clean and accommidating. Had dinner/breakfast at resturant. Food/service great there also, and to cap of evening they had a nice indoor pool and arcade so son was thrilled again. Upon checking out in am, ran into owner again and chatted as if we were locals. Made both of us very comfortable. even tho was just one night ,i will definatly go again ,now knowing of a great/affordable place to stay while in the mtn. area. HIGHLY recommended!! Thanks again to Leo

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you and Anthony enjoyed your stay. We are a family oriented business and we cater to thousands of families each year. Thanks for noticing how well kept and clean our property is. Our maintenance man, Roger, is diligent about the grounds and the appearance of the hotel inside and out, and he is always building,painting or creating something to make our guests feel more at home. Our housekeeping staff work tirelessly to uphold our high standard of cleanliness in the rooms. I am glad you felt like a local staying with us because now you are a part of "our" family here at the "Kanc"! ...See you soon!
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at the Kancamagus Lodge on a quick get-away to the White Mountains. Although a very simple motel, we were overall very pleased with our stay. We had stayed there about 3 or 4 years ago and the motel has undergone several renovations since that time.

Our room had a king size bed, a nice flat screen television, and a balcony that overlooked the mountains (one of the reasons I chose this particular motel). The motel now has wireless internet (not available several years ago). The staff was very polite and helpful. One of the slats in our blinds broke one morning - a real problem when you need some privacy - but it was fixed by the time we came back that afternoon. The room was very clean when we arrived, and housekeeping was excellent. We really enjoyed the restaurant that was attached to the hotel (Brittany's); it was not only convenient, but they made an excellent breakfast.

The Lodge is extremely convenient in its location. It is right at the beginning of the Kancamagus Highway which leads to Loon Mountain, Bear Notch Road (which connects to Crawford Notch Road), and North Conway. It is also very close to all of the attractions that Lincoln has to offer: Clark's Bears, Franconia Notch, and Cannon Mountain to name a few. Directly across the street is a burger place, a steakhouse, a convenience store, and other small shops.

It is motel style, so do not expect luxury amenities. However, if you are looking for a clean, convenient, and affordable place to stay in the White Mountains, be sure to check out this property.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor with a balcony facing the mountains. This does mean you are facing the st...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am glad you noticed our ongoing renovations. My wife, Nicole and I have owned the property for 15 years and we are always trying to improve and upgrade the property. We have just replaced all the bedspreads in our Queen rooms and Nicole has finally, after a long deliberation, decided on new furniture for our double/double balcony rooms which should arrive in late October. Thanks for noticing how great our housekeeping staff is, they work very hard and it was a very busy Summer for them this year. Both of our restaurants are popular destinations for locals and a convenient amenity for our guests. We look forward to hosting you again next time you visit the Lincoln area.
West Sussex
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We chose to book one of the larger rooms which was fine, but I do like hand wash basins in with the toilet and shower! The room was clean, if a little dark due to the balcony. The restaurant staff were extremely polite and helpful and the food was very good. It is well placed for exploring this region being on the start of the Kancamagus Highway which we travelled in the fall two years ago.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor of the building which is sideways on to the main road. There were a lot of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks for the review from across the pond! We would like to thank you for giving us the chance to host you on your holiday to the states. I am glad you enjoyed our larger rooms in the West Lodge and our steam baths. I am pleased you had a chance to sample some of our American fare in our restaurant, the staff works hard to make sure everyone enjoys their breakfast, lunch, or dinner! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to New Hampshire!