“What a great cozy place!!!!,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kancamagus Lodge

The Kancamagus Lodge
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Hudson, Massachusetts
“What a great cozy place!!!!,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was a great place to stay. We stayed in late July 2013. The hotel was very accommodating to children. We were part of a hockey team staying there for a local weekend tournament. The food, pool and atmoshere was OUTSTANDING! We were even able to have a bonfire roasting marshmallows for smores. They even had the the ingredients to purchase. We will be returning in October 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review. We are glad that your hockey team enjoyed their stay and got a chance to enjoy our "Smores Kits" we have available at our front desk. We pride ourselves in being a very kid friendly resort and we look forward to hosting your team again in October!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Woodstock, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We brought 10 families to the Kancamangus Lodge for a youth hockey tournament over the summer. The rooms were very clean and the owner (Leo) was amazing. They did a great job managing a large group. There was a fire pit area with all the supplies to have a fire where everyone could congregate and hang out, while the kids played outside together without being disruptive to other guests. We are planning a return visit as soon as we get the chance!!

Room Tip: The west side rooms are larger and have steam showers
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review! I am glad your hockey team enjoyed their stay with us. We are very "team" friendly establishment for any sport. We do have a long history with hockey teams since both of our children Brittany and Connor(CJ), both played hockey for over 12 years. We love to host the youth teams and we are glad you enjoyed all of our amenities during your Waterville Valley tourney weekend. We look forward to hosting your team and you again!
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My sister and I go to the Kancamagus Lodge every year for Sister's weekend. Nicole and Nicole's husband (Leo) are the BEST !!!! Everyone who works there are very nice and so willing to help with anything you need. We will be booking again with them next year! We can't wait !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thanks for the review! It was nice to see you back here again this year for "Sisters Weekend". I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful. Nicole and I, try hard to make everyones stay enjoyable, and we look forward to seeing you again next year!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here. Rooms are clean and if you let them know you are a motorcyclist they will accommodate first floor rooms. Groups events supported nicely and they even provided a bike washing station! Killer breakfast and a nice pool. Will Absolutely be back.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We are located in one of the most beautiful areas of NH for motorcycle riding. The Kancamagus Highway is right outside our front door! Several of us here at the Lodge have motorcycles and we love to ride in our free time. We host many groups throughout the year and we cater to each groups specific needs. Whether your a family of four or a group of forty we welcome you here into our family and try to make your vacation a memorable one!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I recently took my 4 yr old daughter on vacation to the White Mountains for Labor Day weekend & failed to make reservations until about a wk before the trip. Luckily, I booked at KML, and I'm glad I did! Upon check in I was told we had been upgraded to a balcony room, which is always nice! The woman who checked us in (believe Leo's wife? Didnt catch her name) couldn't have been any friendlier. She took the time to talk to my daughter & I about our visit to Storyland, Clarks trading post, whales tale etc. My daughter loved their dog, Sammy & got to feed him treats when we would pop in to get towels for the pool. The indoor pool was perfect- clean, heated, big & uncrowded! We spent more time in the pool than our room. The firepit, game room & ping pong table were all available & nice options- unfortunately we didnt have enough time to put em to use, though.

The onsite restaurants were great, the food was very good & reasonably priced (plus free kids meal w/ purchase Of entree & a flash of room key!!). I got the thanksgiving dinner panini it was delicious. Also, last day my daughter and i had breakfast, and got to say goodbye to the other families we met at the pool.

As for the actual room:
We stayed in rm 11 (2 queen beds/balcony)
Room was spotless- very clean. Had drawers for clothes, flatscreen tv Etc. the beds were comfortable, linens clean- however i did notice some of the threads on quilt were lifting & the bed may have lost some of its firmness over time- neither a real big deal for me). The bathroom was very clean, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo etc.

At time of checkout, my daughter got to hand over the keys to Leo, say goodbye to Sammy & then what? Went for one last dip in the pool.. Worst part of the vacation, is that it ended.. Will definately be back whenever i get the chance!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting such a nice review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located next to some of the regions most popular attractions and I'm glad you got the chance to visit them with your daughter. My wife Nicole and I are always here to provide recommendations and directions when needed. We are a family friendly destination with alot to offer as you noted, and I'm glad you got the chance to partake in some of what we have to offer here at the Lodge. I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. I'll tell Sammy you said HI!
Sun City Center, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We wanted a stop that was on the Kancamagus Highway but yet could give us options to see areas in all directions. This place was a great find. The price was reasonable and the host and hostess were so very helpful. They ride as we do and were able to give us some routes and stops that were great. The rooms are not fancy, they are practical and clean. There is an outside area for sitting around the fire and enjoying a drink. Many eating establishments within walking distance. Great find in our opinion!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thanks for the review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Several of us on property do ride motorcycles and we are always willing to share our favorite secret routes of the area with our guests. I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy one of our most popular amenities--our fire pit!! It is a nice way to unwind at the end of a day next to a crackling fire! We look forward to seeing you on your next ride to NH!!
Muscat, Oman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

With all due respect this place is a dump. After reading multiple positive reviews about KML on Tripadvisor I booked a room with "a balcony that overlooks Loon Mountain" for two nights. Luckily we arrived very late. As soon as we saw the property it became clear that it was a cheap motel in a dilapidated building shared with a sports bar. To be fair the room was clean (ignoring a stain on bedding) and the bathroom looked new (finished with plastic panels instead of tiles). But there was nothing a maid could do with the stale air of a tired room. The reception staff was friendly and kind enough to let us stay for one night only instead of the two booked with no questions asked. I managed to find a hotel in Jackson for the second night. Next morning I checked out our balcony but the view was of power lines and a busy road rather than that of a mountain.
All in all this is a decent place if you are alone and just want to find a cheap place to sleep in for no more than a night but no way is this a family accommodation. If you are looking for a small inn or a nice hotel with view there are much better options in the area, KML isn't that.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nijat
I am glad you took the time to post a response. Trip Advisor is a great forum for everyone to express their opinions of our property. We appreciate all comments good and bad, and apparently we did not meet your expectations at all. I do disagree with your opening sentence, as do over 180 other reviewers on Tripadvisor who see us as an excellent place to stay. We are a terrific affordable,clean,convenient destination for families. We offer many amenities such as an Indoor pool,game room, ping pong, two firepits, basketball court, a very popular breakfast and dinner restaurant called Brittany's and the areas only sports pub called CJ's Penalty Box. I am glad our staff took care of you when you left a night early , it is not a frequent occurence for guests to leave unsatisfied and I am glad our staff acted accordingly for you. I apologize that our property was not up to your standards. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the United States.