“Friendly Staff, convenient location”

The Kancamagus Lodge
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went to the lodge for an overnight stay. Gotta say the staff was terrific, friendly, helpful with dinner recommendations. The property itself is immaculately clean. The rooms were a bit dated. It was later in the summer so we slept with the windows open and there was a bit of traffic noise, nothing the lodge can do about it. The property is right on the main road so it is pretty convenient to everything.

Room Tip: As to stay in the second floor if possible it's a bit quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you so much for the positive review! Our staff strives to make all our guests feel at home, we are available 24 hrs a day to help with any questions or situations that arise. Our hotel is an older property that we are VERY proud of and we are constantly upgrading rooms. We just installed brand new pillowtop mattresses in all of our Queen balcony rooms. They are like sleeping on a cloud!! We do have on order, to hopefully arrive at the end of October, completely new furnishings for all of our Double/Double balcony rooms also. Our guests are our main source for recommendations for our Lodge and we love to hear from them to help us make our Hotel a better place to stay!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Leo and Nicole are simply wonderful people! This hotel is clean, perfectly located, and has not one but 2 great places to eat right there. CJ's Penalty box and Taco Tuesday was just perfect. Breakfast Friday morning at Brittney's Cafe was delicious! We had reservations til Thursday, but we were having such a good time we asked for another night! I would (and have already) recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! Thank you for such a great stay....the "honeymooners"-Mike Drouin & Kris Seymour

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review, and recommending us to everyone you know!! I am so happy you chose to include us in your honeymoon vacation plans. Our restaurants are very popular destinations for locals and tourists alike, and I am glad you found the time to enjoy both of them. We look forward to hosting you again on your anniversaries for many years to come!!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was a great place to stay. We stayed in late July 2013. The hotel was very accommodating to children. We were part of a hockey team staying there for a local weekend tournament. The food, pool and atmoshere was OUTSTANDING! We were even able to have a bonfire roasting marshmallows for smores. They even had the the ingredients to purchase. We will be returning in October 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review. We are glad that your hockey team enjoyed their stay and got a chance to enjoy our "Smores Kits" we have available at our front desk. We pride ourselves in being a very kid friendly resort and we look forward to hosting your team again in October!!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We brought 10 families to the Kancamangus Lodge for a youth hockey tournament over the summer. The rooms were very clean and the owner (Leo) was amazing. They did a great job managing a large group. There was a fire pit area with all the supplies to have a fire where everyone could congregate and hang out, while the kids played outside together without being disruptive to other guests. We are planning a return visit as soon as we get the chance!!

Room Tip: The west side rooms are larger and have steam showers
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the review! I am glad your hockey team enjoyed their stay with us. We are very "team" friendly establishment for any sport. We do have a long history with hockey teams since both of our children Brittany and Connor(CJ), both played hockey for over 12 years. We love to host the youth teams and we are glad you enjoyed all of our amenities during your Waterville Valley tourney weekend. We look forward to hosting your team and you again!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My sister and I go to the Kancamagus Lodge every year for Sister's weekend. Nicole and Nicole's husband (Leo) are the BEST !!!! Everyone who works there are very nice and so willing to help with anything you need. We will be booking again with them next year! We can't wait !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thanks for the review! It was nice to see you back here again this year for "Sisters Weekend". I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful. Nicole and I, try hard to make everyones stay enjoyable, and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here. Rooms are clean and if you let them know you are a motorcyclist they will accommodate first floor rooms. Groups events supported nicely and they even provided a bike washing station! Killer breakfast and a nice pool. Will Absolutely be back.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We are located in one of the most beautiful areas of NH for motorcycle riding. The Kancamagus Highway is right outside our front door! Several of us here at the Lodge have motorcycles and we love to ride in our free time. We host many groups throughout the year and we cater to each groups specific needs. Whether your a family of four or a group of forty we welcome you here into our family and try to make your vacation a memorable one!

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I recently took my 4 yr old daughter on vacation to the White Mountains for Labor Day weekend & failed to make reservations until about a wk before the trip. Luckily, I booked at KML, and I'm glad I did! Upon check in I was told we had been upgraded to a balcony room, which is always nice! The woman who checked us in (believe Leo's wife? Didnt catch her name) couldn't have been any friendlier. She took the time to talk to my daughter & I about our visit to Storyland, Clarks trading post, whales tale etc. My daughter loved their dog, Sammy & got to feed him treats when we would pop in to get towels for the pool. The indoor pool was perfect- clean, heated, big & uncrowded! We spent more time in the pool than our room. The firepit, game room & ping pong table were all available & nice options- unfortunately we didnt have enough time to put em to use, though.

The onsite restaurants were great, the food was very good & reasonably priced (plus free kids meal w/ purchase Of entree & a flash of room key!!). I got the thanksgiving dinner panini it was delicious. Also, last day my daughter and i had breakfast, and got to say goodbye to the other families we met at the pool.

As for the actual room:
We stayed in rm 11 (2 queen beds/balcony)
Room was spotless- very clean. Had drawers for clothes, flatscreen tv Etc. the beds were comfortable, linens clean- however i did notice some of the threads on quilt were lifting & the bed may have lost some of its firmness over time- neither a real big deal for me). The bathroom was very clean, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo etc.

At time of checkout, my daughter got to hand over the keys to Leo, say goodbye to Sammy & then what? Went for one last dip in the pool.. Worst part of the vacation, is that it ended.. Will definately be back whenever i get the chance!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for posting such a nice review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located next to some of the regions most popular attractions and I'm glad you got the chance to visit them with your daughter. My wife Nicole and I are always here to provide recommendations and directions when needed. We are a family friendly destination with alot to offer as you noted, and I'm glad you got the chance to partake in some of what we have to offer here at the Lodge. I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. I'll tell Sammy you said HI!