My husband and I stay and ski at different places almost every weekend during the winter, we don't require much from a hotel: a bed and a bathroom that's clean and warm. This place meets all of those requirements plus its in a great location very close to the entrance for Loon and in close proximity to town and restaurants including 2 on site and the Common Man across the road. However, I got to find out just how thin the walls dividing the rooms were around 2am on Sat. morning when the guests in the room next to ours loudly stumbled in. I could hear them so clearly, it woke me up and scared me because I thought someone came in our room! Hoping that they would just go to sleep, I turned on the TV to help drown out the sound and tried to get back to sleep myself (and maybe let them know just well you could hear things in the adjacent room!) Well, no such luck. They decided to get, um, "physically active" and wanted to let everyone know what a great time they were having. It was obscene....you could hear EVERYTHING despite my attempts to drown out the noise. After about an hour of this, I knocked on the wall asking them to "keep it down"...it didn't work. This went on for hours. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night. The next night, assuming that the same people were there, we came back from dinner and could hear people yelling and clapping. Again, you can hear them so clearly, you would think they are in the same room with you! My husband was not going to put up with this again so he went and knocked on their door to ask them to keep it down. No one answered so he called the front desk and asked them to resolve it, which they did promptly. The front desk informed us that it was actually different people next to us now and they were cheering for a basketball game on TV so we kind of felt bad that we got so worked up over it, but I'll blame it on being way overtired from the lack of sleep the night before. So I realize that our negative experience is more to blame on rude guests than the hotel, but seriously, something has to be done to help sound-proof the rooms a bit more. I was just thankful we were located on the top floor, end unit, and that our 11 year old daughter was not along to experience that! I could not imagine the noise you would hear if we would have had a room on the first floor with rooms on each side of us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kancamagus Lodge is a family owned and operated lodge in the Heart of the White Mountains. Offering clean, comfortable, non smoking rooms, sorry pets are NOT allowed. Indoor Pool, Game Room, and on Site Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Kancamagus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Hotel Lincoln
- Kancamagus Motel Lincoln
- The Kancamagus Lodge Lincoln, New Hampshire - White Mountains