“Clean, convenient, and fun!”

The Kancamagus Lodge
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a Thursday night at the end of the ski season. We arrived to a friendly staff and an immaculate room. We were happy to be able to walk to the Common Man for dinner. We were even happier to walk back over to the lodge for the Bruins game. We had a nice night drinking and watching hockey. The best part was walking upstairs to our warm clean and comfortable room after the Bruins win. We had a great stay and can't wait to visit next year with our three kids for skiing season. Hopefully we'll have time to swim in the nice indoor pool next time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to post a review. This past ski season was long and cold with an abundance of snow. Being that our Lodge is located between the two entrances to Loon Mtn., we are a popular destination for some fun family ski trips!! I am glad you had the opportunity to visit CJ's Sports Pub to watch the game, it is a great place to eat, drink and get all the local gossip!! I will let our housekeeping staff know that you found our rooms immaculate. They work extremely hard and it is nice that you recognized their hard work. We look forward to hosting your family again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Kancamagus Lodge

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I picked up a Groupon for a two night stay in a deluxe room with two queen beds. I am always a bit weary about where I stay when I have never been to a place before, but judging by the pictures and reviews I knew that this would be a nice place. It was well worth it with the Groupon. I checked in with Leo, who was a very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice, clean and warm. Beds were pretty comfortable. The shower also has an optional steam shower, which I have never experienced, but it was great after coming back from skiing all day. What better way to relax. We also received a $20 food voucher to use at Brittany's or CJ's which is a very short walk. The location of the lodge is great, close to both Loon mountain and downtown Lincoln. I'll definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Spike8710
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thanks for the great review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you stated, our rooms are very clean and nice. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep them in tip-top shape! We are always updating our rooms, and coming this spring we are replacing carpets and changing the furniture in several of our rooms. I am so excited that you will be definitely staying with us again and we appreciate all your words of praise.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stay and ski at different places almost every weekend during the winter, we don't require much from a hotel: a bed and a bathroom that's clean and warm. This place meets all of those requirements plus its in a great location very close to the entrance for Loon and in close proximity to town and restaurants including 2 on site and the Common Man across the road. However, I got to find out just how thin the walls dividing the rooms were around 2am on Sat. morning when the guests in the room next to ours loudly stumbled in. I could hear them so clearly, it woke me up and scared me because I thought someone came in our room! Hoping that they would just go to sleep, I turned on the TV to help drown out the sound and tried to get back to sleep myself (and maybe let them know just well you could hear things in the adjacent room!) Well, no such luck. They decided to get, um, "physically active" and wanted to let everyone know what a great time they were having. It was obscene....you could hear EVERYTHING despite my attempts to drown out the noise. After about an hour of this, I knocked on the wall asking them to "keep it down"...it didn't work. This went on for hours. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night. The next night, assuming that the same people were there, we came back from dinner and could hear people yelling and clapping. Again, you can hear them so clearly, you would think they are in the same room with you! My husband was not going to put up with this again so he went and knocked on their door to ask them to keep it down. No one answered so he called the front desk and asked them to resolve it, which they did promptly. The front desk informed us that it was actually different people next to us now and they were cheering for a basketball game on TV so we kind of felt bad that we got so worked up over it, but I'll blame it on being way overtired from the lack of sleep the night before. So I realize that our negative experience is more to blame on rude guests than the hotel, but seriously, something has to be done to help sound-proof the rooms a bit more. I was just thankful we were located on the top floor, end unit, and that our 11 year old daughter was not along to experience that! I could not imagine the noise you would hear if we would have had a room on the first floor with rooms on each side of us!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you found your accommodations clean and comfortable, and enjoyed our central location to everything in Lincoln. I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience the first night with a guest next to you that was not as quiet or discreet as they should have been. I do provide my cell phone number at check-in to all guests for the rare occasion where there is a need for me to speak to other guests after normal office hours. On the second night you did contact me early in the evening(8:30 pm) regarding some loud cheering in the room next to you. I did speak to the two young female guests who were alumni of a March Madness basketball team that just upset a rival team and they promised to keep it down and as you noticed they did. Unfortunately, I wish I could screen all the rude guests out at check-in,... but sometimes they do sneak in. I try to provide 24 hr service to make sure all guests needs are met, and hopefully I get the chance to host you and your family's' stay again in the near future. I guarantee it will be a quiet one!!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

First off, great, friendly, welcoming reception. Basic rooms, a little outdated, iffy rug, but the pros surely outweigh the negative. Room had comfortable beds, nice tv, and fridge. Location was excellent and so was value. I agree with others about the restaurant on the premises, we too were pleasantly surprised. Affordable prices, good food, excellent value, and kids eat free --can't beat that! The meal plan was also of great value; $30 p/p for breakfast and dinner. Dinner included a soft drink, soup or salad, an entree, a dessert, and again, the kids again ate for free. Burgers were good, better than the paninis. We also had the beef tips, which were excellent, the chicken Brittany was ok, recipe could use some perfecting. Great kids menu including drink, various appealing choices, and dessert. We bought a groupon and don't regret it! On the contrary, we are very thankful for a great weekend here at Kamacangus Lodge, it exceeded our expectations. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do something special with our kids, during trying times for our family. If coming for a long weekend, and you already have ski equipment, you can ski on Sundays after 12, for $29.

Stayed: March 2014

Thanks for the review! I am so glad your stay exceeded your expectations, we try hard in the hotel and the restaurant to make that happen for all our guests. Our "kids eat FREE" program for all our Lodges' "little" guests has been our signature program for many years. Our goal is to provide Resort amenities and service at motel prices and I am glad you feel we have accomplished that. We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This lodge may not be as new or as "fancy" as some of the places around LIncoln, but I definitely recommend that you give it a try. It's a very well run place with very helpful and friendly owners. The rooms are updated, spotless, comfortable and have everything you need (including a very cool, old-school "steam shower" that is perfect after a day of snow-sports). My only wish was that the beds were 2 queens rather than 2 doubles. Our kids love it here - and they love the owners' dog Sammy (I think?). They have a Keurig coffee maker and free power bars in the office and the hotel has a great indoor pool and game room. They also have 2 restaurants - Brittany's and CJ's which have surprisingly very good food! They are also walking distance to other restaurants and very close to Loon. they even have a shuttle to the mountain. We will definitely continue to make this our "home" when visiting Lincoln.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravlrFromMass

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we truly appreciate it! As you said we are" not as new or fancy" as some of the other places in Lincoln, but we are one of the most spotless, friendly, and economical lodging properties in town! I am glad you were able to enjoy some of our amenities we offer like our award winning restaurant and our complimentary ski shuttle to Loon on the weekends. Our rooms in the West Lodge are very popular because of those "steam showers" , they are great after a hard day of skiing! As you inquired, we do offer two family rooms that have two queens and a pull-out couch for your next visit to your "new home" when visiting Lincoln! See you soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is our home away from home! We have visited several times, with children, friends, and as an anniversary getaway. It is always clean and comfortable. They have a great choice of rooms that can accommodate any size party you may be traveling with. Leo and Nicole are dedicated to making your stay as enjoyable as possible! Roger takes care of any maintenance issues you may have in a friendly and timely manner. While, Andrea and Lesli, keep your room amazingly clean and well supplied. But the professionalism doesn't stop there. The food at Brittany's and CJ's Penalty Box is unsurpassed. Donna, at CJ's, along will all of the other staff take pride in making everyone feel at home.The location is extremely convenient to all area attractions. We always have an amazing time whether we are enjoying family time by the fire pit or watching the game at the sports pub. This inviting atmosphere makes it difficult to leave. We wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeM7096

Thank you so much for the review. We always look forward to hosting you and your family at the Lodge several times a year. As evidenced by your review, you are part of our family ...you are on a first name basis with our entire staff and we appreciate how you noticed how hard each member of our staff works to make each guest feel like a member of our "Kancamagus Lodge family". We are glad you choose to spend your family time with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here for two nights during a weekend in January. We wanted to stay at a central location with a short commute to local area attractions and outdoor recreation. We were pleased upon arrival to have such friendly staff and clean facilities. The man who appeared to be the owner was incredibly hospitable and helpful. our balcony room was clean and quaint. The tv and refrigeration unit were up to date. The lodge included a pub with live music and an adorable restaurant. We were unable to visit the pub but dined at the restaurant for breakfast, which was phenomenal. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We also visited the indoor pool which, to our surprise, was not crowded during the weekend. The pool room was also clean and well maintained. The only issue we had during our stay was a faulty internet connection however the owner was more than willing to help and offered his personal wifi device. We genuinely enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Kancamagus Lodge to friends, family, or anyone looking for a great place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Tblackadarftw
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Thank you for the"great mountain getaway" review! I am pleased that you noticed our new room upgrades, we are constantly changing and updating our rooms, and it means alot to us when our guests notice! Our indoor pool area is gorgeous and I am glad you got a chance to enjoy it. We pride ourselves on our service that we offer, whether it be in the restaurant or hotel. We try to cater to all our guests needs, if you have a question or problem when you stay with us, we encourage all guests to let us know when they are here and we usually can fix or answer any problem they may have. We are working on improving our Wi-Fi connection (see previous review), and it should be much better fairly soon. I am so happy that you would recommend our Lodge to your friends and family, and we look forward to meeting them all as well, as seeing you guys again!!