“absolutely awesome”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Boston, Massachusetts
“absolutely awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We vacation in the area a ton, but had never been here. I got a deal so good I thought it was too good to be true and it would be a crummy place... nope! Just wonderful. Clean, cozy rooms. Incredible steambath in our bathroom. Big, clean pool. Close to everything. Two great restaurants... fantastic staff. Two bonfire sites and lodge supplies wood and firecrackers. Could not have been better. We loved it and our kids did too. We will be back, and we would even pay full price :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jessefarrenjames
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thanks for the "Awesome" review! I am glad we exceeded your expectations. I'm assuming you took advantage of our Groupon deal we run from March-June every year. It is a fabulous deal that we run in our offseason to give people a chance to try us out at an extremely discounted rate. We have found ,like yourself, at least 73% of people come back at full rate within the next year. We are very proud of our property and our staff tries so hard to make it a clean, comfortable, fun place to visit for everyone. Thanks again for the review, and I look forward to hosting your family again here at our Lodge soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

A small group of us booked three rooms for a weekend hiking trip.

We booked with Leo (the owner) who was a great help over the phone.
When we arrived, we were greeted by Leo again. Leo is a super friendly guy who runs a great establishment and is quick to offer any help that he can.

We visited both the pub and the restaurant while we were there. Both had great service with an excellent selection of beer on tap. Our favorites from the group were the 12" pizza's and the special Caribbean wings.

The indoor pool was large and heated. The deep end is 9 feet! The game room was right off of the pool area, and had machines that were still reasonable to play requiring only a quarter!
There was also a rear door of the pub where the adults could enjoy some beverages and not be too far from the older kids who wanted to play in the game room.

The standard rooms were small, clena and comfortable, and perfect for those who spend more time outdoors than in the room itself. We hiked Mt Lafayette on Sat, and Laconia Falls on Sun. Both locations are very close to the lodge. Also very close is Chutters candy shop, Flapjacks Pancakes, and many other restaurants and shops. It's also a stone's throw from Loon Mountain.

We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms 7, 8, 9, and 10 were very close to the pool and restaurants and on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank justinhm2fs
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for the review! I am happy you had a chance to take advantage of all the amenities we offer. Our Restaurant(Brittany's) and Pub(CJ's) has been open for 16 years and it is a local favorite to get a delicious dinner ,watch the game, and catch up on all the local gossip!! Our Indoor pool is a favorite of all guests in any season, and our younger guests love the Ping-Pong table, Basketball court and game room! We strive to offer "Resort" amenities at "motel" prices , and I am so glad you said, you will "be back for sure" next time your in the White Mountain region!
Rindge, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Kancamagus lodge for two nights while we toured the highway. The owners are extremely friendly and accommodating and at your service almost 24 hours a day! The rooms are spacious and very clean, not new but very well kept and maintained. We loved spending early evenings sitting on our balcony looking directly at the South Peak of Loon Mountain. Unfortunately thise runs were closed for the season but it would be a front-row seat during ski season.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynne R
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for the "Great" review! My wife (Nicole) and I live right on the property and we are here 24 hrs/day....365 days/ year for our guests. We have owned the property for 16 years and we thoroughly enjoy what we do, and we love being a part of our guests vacations! I am glad you noticed how clean our rooms are! Every year we renovate blocks of rooms and this year we added new furnishings to our balcony double/doubles, and everyone loves the new décor of those rooms!! We are replacing the carpets in our 10 lower level double/doubles next week and I look forward to having the chance to show you all that we have done when you return this summer or during next ski season!!
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Four of my girlfriends and I found a Groupon deal for the Lodge and figured it would be a great weekend getaway. The owner and other employees were all very frindly and helpful. The rooms are not fancy but comfortable and clean. It was great to have a small fridge for drinks and leftovers and it came in handy. The steam shower is fantastic and very relaxing. Are for the restaurant on site we only ate breakfast there but it was very good. The pool would be great for kids and families (or just friends) on a rainy day any time of year but we didn't use it at all. The property is directly across from Loon Mountain and is right on the main drag but makes for a convenient location. it was great to be able to walk to the bar, Common Man, the on-site restaurant or across the street for the burger place or to Gordi's. I would most definitely stay here again. It's right at the beginning of the Kanc which is worth the drive and the stops along the way. I would love to come back and camp in the National Forest if I had to chance. Gorgeous area with lots to do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
I am glad that you took advantage of our popular Groupon deal we run from March-June. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our location is great for a getaway weekend like you said, we are close to all area attractions and walking distance to several local favorite restaurants. Our staff goes out of their way to be as helpful and friendly as possible to all guests and I am pleased you noticed. I am glad you will be "definitely" back to stay with us and we look forward to hosting a getaway weekend for you again soon!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a Thursday night at the end of the ski season. We arrived to a friendly staff and an immaculate room. We were happy to be able to walk to the Common Man for dinner. We were even happier to walk back over to the lodge for the Bruins game. We had a nice night drinking and watching hockey. The best part was walking upstairs to our warm clean and comfortable room after the Bruins win. We had a great stay and can't wait to visit next year with our three kids for skiing season. Hopefully we'll have time to swim in the nice indoor pool next time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to post a review. This past ski season was long and cold with an abundance of snow. Being that our Lodge is located between the two entrances to Loon Mtn., we are a popular destination for some fun family ski trips!! I am glad you had the opportunity to visit CJ's Sports Pub to watch the game, it is a great place to eat, drink and get all the local gossip!! I will let our housekeeping staff know that you found our rooms immaculate. They work extremely hard and it is nice that you recognized their hard work. We look forward to hosting your family again in the future.
Carver, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I picked up a Groupon for a two night stay in a deluxe room with two queen beds. I am always a bit weary about where I stay when I have never been to a place before, but judging by the pictures and reviews I knew that this would be a nice place. It was well worth it with the Groupon. I checked in with Leo, who was a very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice, clean and warm. Beds were pretty comfortable. The shower also has an optional steam shower, which I have never experienced, but it was great after coming back from skiing all day. What better way to relax. We also received a $20 food voucher to use at Brittany's or CJ's which is a very short walk. The location of the lodge is great, close to both Loon mountain and downtown Lincoln. I'll definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Spike8710
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thanks for the great review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you stated, our rooms are very clean and nice. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep them in tip-top shape! We are always updating our rooms, and coming this spring we are replacing carpets and changing the furniture in several of our rooms. I am so excited that you will be definitely staying with us again and we appreciate all your words of praise.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stay and ski at different places almost every weekend during the winter, we don't require much from a hotel: a bed and a bathroom that's clean and warm. This place meets all of those requirements plus its in a great location very close to the entrance for Loon and in close proximity to town and restaurants including 2 on site and the Common Man across the road. However, I got to find out just how thin the walls dividing the rooms were around 2am on Sat. morning when the guests in the room next to ours loudly stumbled in. I could hear them so clearly, it woke me up and scared me because I thought someone came in our room! Hoping that they would just go to sleep, I turned on the TV to help drown out the sound and tried to get back to sleep myself (and maybe let them know just well you could hear things in the adjacent room!) Well, no such luck. They decided to get, um, "physically active" and wanted to let everyone know what a great time they were having. It was obscene....you could hear EVERYTHING despite my attempts to drown out the noise. After about an hour of this, I knocked on the wall asking them to "keep it down"...it didn't work. This went on for hours. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night. The next night, assuming that the same people were there, we came back from dinner and could hear people yelling and clapping. Again, you can hear them so clearly, you would think they are in the same room with you! My husband was not going to put up with this again so he went and knocked on their door to ask them to keep it down. No one answered so he called the front desk and asked them to resolve it, which they did promptly. The front desk informed us that it was actually different people next to us now and they were cheering for a basketball game on TV so we kind of felt bad that we got so worked up over it, but I'll blame it on being way overtired from the lack of sleep the night before. So I realize that our negative experience is more to blame on rude guests than the hotel, but seriously, something has to be done to help sound-proof the rooms a bit more. I was just thankful we were located on the top floor, end unit, and that our 11 year old daughter was not along to experience that! I could not imagine the noise you would hear if we would have had a room on the first floor with rooms on each side of us!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you found your accommodations clean and comfortable, and enjoyed our central location to everything in Lincoln. I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience the first night with a guest next to you that was not as quiet or discreet as they should have been. I do provide my cell phone number at check-in to all guests for the rare occasion where there is a need for me to speak to other guests after normal office hours. On the second night you did contact me early in the evening(8:30 pm) regarding some loud cheering in the room next to you. I did speak to the two young female guests who were alumni of a March Madness basketball team that just upset a rival team and they promised to keep it down and as you noticed they did. Unfortunately, I wish I could screen all the rude guests out at check-in,... but sometimes they do sneak in. I try to provide 24 hr service to make sure all guests needs are met, and hopefully I get the chance to host you and your family's' stay again in the near future. I guarantee it will be a quiet one!!