“A real gem!”

The Kancamagus Lodge
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Can't say enough good things about this place and the owners and staff. First of all the place is immaculate, the beds are comfortable and everyone from the owners (who are there on site - a real plus) to the housekeeping staff and the pub and restaurant staff treated us like old friends.
We had a car problem which kept us there an extra day that we hadn't planned and Leo and Nicole, the owners, were there every step of the way to help in any way they could. Because of our car problem we arrived the first night at 10:30, tired and hungry. We went to CJ's, the sports bar located within the lodge and the kitchen was closed. When Amanda, our waitress, found out why we were so late, she got the chef to re-open the kitchen and he made us the best Mexican pizza we've ever had. Thanks you guys! You're the best!

Room Tip: We happened to be there during Biker Week in Laconia, so the room was a little noisy during the day...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dglegends
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

I am so happy " you cant say enough good things about us"...we love to hear that in our reviews! My staff and I try very hard to make all of our guests feel at home when they stay with us, I am glad you noticed! Nicole and I live on the property so we are always here to help out with any questions or problems that arise during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family and I live in Ct and frequent New Hampshire frequently. I had looked at this lodge online several times, but have to admit that I felt the pictures on the website did not do it justice and I was always a little skeptical. I happened to see a Groupon special and the price was hard to beat for a two night getaway. So, we booked our getaway for a Saturday and Sunday (Mothers Day weekend) and hoped for the best! We took our two smallest children with us ages 2 and 3 years (we have six children all together ranging from 17-2yrs) and looked forward to being so close to one of our favorite spots the Kancamagus! Upon arrival the lodge was cute and clean. Our check in was easy and the person who checked us in ( I think he said he was the maintenence man) was vey nice and knowledgeable . Our room was perfectly suited for us with two double beds and a large enough room so we weren't right on top of each other! The rooms are dated, but are very clean and comfortable! One of the favorite parts of our stay was the Steam shower! I loved it and my 3 yr old daughter jumped in with me every time I used it too! They have a small swing set/play area where we let our kiddos get some energy out before dinner and we sat in the chairs provided and Relaxed! We ended up eating at the restaurant on site and it was so good that even though some of our friends recommended some other places near by and we ate dinner here the next night as well! My husband couldn't stop raving about the turkey dinner and I couldn't get enough of the stuffed shrimp! They also have an indoor poor and offered a fire pit at night that we bought a smores kit for from office and roasted marshmallows ! The proximity to the Kancamagus couldn't have been better for us and we hiked and explored the different areas the 3 days that we were there. We also took a train ride out of North Conway on Mothers Day and the lodge's location made it easy for us to venture around. All in all, we really enjoyed our selves. I am definitely looking forward to staying at the Kancamagus Lodge again and if they have another Groupon or Living Social deal we will take all the kiddos with us! Thank you for a great little getaway!

2  Thank MelissaP940

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so happy you were "pleasantly surprised" with you recent stay with us. I am glad you mentioned our website, because we have just added a section for a virtual tour of all our room types, the restaurant and pub, the pool and the grounds. Now it will give you the chance to really see the rooms and the property and it better exemplifies how great our Lodge is. It seems like you were able to enjoy all of our amenities during your short stay! Our restaurant is a very popular dining establishment for guests and locals alike and I am glad you decided to try it and enjoyed it so much. We look forward to meeting the rest of your family on your next "little getaway"!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Clean, ideally located spot with very friendly owners and staff.
The rooms were nice and simple.
Hamburgers at the bar were great!
They made us feel right at home and we look forward to our
next visit
Regards

Tim

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timbroker

Thanks for the short and sweet review! I am glad you enjoyed our rooms, restaurant and service! Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We loved it! Canada has something to learn about family owned hospitality! Wonderful service and clean rooms! Best place in Lincoln to stay. Close to.everything including highway and Loon Mountain, Woodstock and hiking! What a womderful find! We would go back on.our next trip through the area!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for all the "Love" from Canada!! Nicole and I have owned the Lodge since 1998 and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will let the housekeeping staff know that you appreciated our spotless rooms too! We look forward to hosting your stay again, next time you visit the USA!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We vacation in the area a ton, but had never been here. I got a deal so good I thought it was too good to be true and it would be a crummy place... nope! Just wonderful. Clean, cozy rooms. Incredible steambath in our bathroom. Big, clean pool. Close to everything. Two great restaurants... fantastic staff. Two bonfire sites and lodge supplies wood and firecrackers. Could not have been better. We loved it and our kids did too. We will be back, and we would even pay full price :)

1  Thank jessefarrenjames
Leo M, Owner at The Kancamagus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thanks for the "Awesome" review! I am glad we exceeded your expectations. I'm assuming you took advantage of our Groupon deal we run from March-June every year. It is a fabulous deal that we run in our offseason to give people a chance to try us out at an extremely discounted rate. We have found ,like yourself, at least 73% of people come back at full rate within the next year. We are very proud of our property and our staff tries so hard to make it a clean, comfortable, fun place to visit for everyone. Thanks again for the review, and I look forward to hosting your family again here at our Lodge soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

A small group of us booked three rooms for a weekend hiking trip.

We booked with Leo (the owner) who was a great help over the phone.
When we arrived, we were greeted by Leo again. Leo is a super friendly guy who runs a great establishment and is quick to offer any help that he can.

We visited both the pub and the restaurant while we were there. Both had great service with an excellent selection of beer on tap. Our favorites from the group were the 12" pizza's and the special Caribbean wings.

The indoor pool was large and heated. The deep end is 9 feet! The game room was right off of the pool area, and had machines that were still reasonable to play requiring only a quarter!
There was also a rear door of the pub where the adults could enjoy some beverages and not be too far from the older kids who wanted to play in the game room.

The standard rooms were small, clena and comfortable, and perfect for those who spend more time outdoors than in the room itself. We hiked Mt Lafayette on Sat, and Laconia Falls on Sun. Both locations are very close to the lodge. Also very close is Chutters candy shop, Flapjacks Pancakes, and many other restaurants and shops. It's also a stone's throw from Loon Mountain.

We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms 7, 8, 9, and 10 were very close to the pool and restaurants and on the ground floor.
2  Thank justinhm2fs

Thank you for the review! I am happy you had a chance to take advantage of all the amenities we offer. Our Restaurant(Brittany's) and Pub(CJ's) has been open for 16 years and it is a local favorite to get a delicious dinner ,watch the game, and catch up on all the local gossip!! Our Indoor pool is a favorite of all guests in any season, and our younger guests love the Ping-Pong table, Basketball court and game room! We strive to offer "Resort" amenities at "motel" prices , and I am so glad you said, you will "be back for sure" next time your in the White Mountain region!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Kancamagus lodge for two nights while we toured the highway. The owners are extremely friendly and accommodating and at your service almost 24 hours a day! The rooms are spacious and very clean, not new but very well kept and maintained. We loved spending early evenings sitting on our balcony looking directly at the South Peak of Loon Mountain. Unfortunately thise runs were closed for the season but it would be a front-row seat during ski season.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne R

Thank you for the "Great" review! My wife (Nicole) and I live right on the property and we are here 24 hrs/day....365 days/ year for our guests. We have owned the property for 16 years and we thoroughly enjoy what we do, and we love being a part of our guests vacations! I am glad you noticed how clean our rooms are! Every year we renovate blocks of rooms and this year we added new furnishings to our balcony double/doubles, and everyone loves the new décor of those rooms!! We are replacing the carpets in our 10 lower level double/doubles next week and I look forward to having the chance to show you all that we have done when you return this summer or during next ski season!!