“Friendly place to stay”
Review of Pemi Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Pemi Cabins
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Have stayed here twice. ( Once renting 2 cabins one for my husband & myself and one for my parents and once with a friend) We experienced both the kitchen cabin and the no kitchen cabin. Both types were very nice. We enjoyed the fireplace and the screened in porch overlooking the river. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The location is convenient for both hiking and other recreational activities and there are several good restaurants within a couple miles of the cabins.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz592

Reviewed 24 September 2011

What magic is the sound of the falling Pemi River just beneath the screened porches! Under new owners, bedding and overall cabin comfort are improved. Perfect New Hampshire setting at a very good price.

Room Tip: Insist on a cabin lying right above the river.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I like the overall business venture that this family had in mind with this establishment. After a stay here, it appears that the owners weren't prepared for the long haul of owning and operating rental cabins.
The main house/check-in is pleasant and offers a variety of gifts for purchase. There is also complimentary coffee between the hours of 8:30-10:00. No early birds allowed I guess.
The cabin I stayed in was relatively nice. I liked the simplistic and rustic theme. The long cracks in the glass of both living room windows were a sore spot though.
One concern I had about the cabin was that there was no ventilation in the bathroom. A room as small as that requires a ventilation system for fogging. This a small issue in comparison to the rest of my stay however. The futon which was used as a bed for a family member was broken. The wooden frame had obviously been repaired by hand at least twice and was past a point of further repair. We informed an owner of Pemi Cabins which didn't result in any relief. The owner didn't even bother to come to the cabin to help solve the problem short-term. My elderly parents and I were forced to lug the huge mattress off the futon base, re-arranging the entire living room, and then placing the mattress on the floor. We did this for two nights. The cabin was in severe need of repair all around.
As far as customer service, there was practically none to speak of. The open office hours were few and far between. I visited the office one day 7 times to find the "temporarily closed" sign on the door each bloody time! Their idea of towel service was for the renters to bring over all used towels to the office and then exchange them for clean ones. But of course every time we trudged over to the office with our soggy towels, the office was temporarily closed. They weren't that far away from the office (which is also their house) since their child was outside playing all day. Not foolin' anyone guys.
I found it off-putting that there was a sign outside the cabins warning renters of bears. I also found it ironic that the owners of Pemi Cabins request that guests place their bagged garbage outside until it is picked up by someone who works there.
Survey Says; these owners are far too lazy for this kind of business. Maybe a hot dog stand on the side of the road between the hours of noon and noon-thirty would be a better fit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank 304171Fulla
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Pemi cabins is a simple luxury stay for you and your family including your dog. The river has a soothing sound and it's relaxing to listen to it and refreshing to swim in it. My kids love pemi cabins and it's also great for a romantic getaway the fireplace in the room that you can see from your bed is very romantic and warm. My dog loved staying there to you can walk along the highway and it's close to most attractions.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

my wife & i had made plans for a motorcycle weekend In the white mountains & the Pemi cabins appeared to be the perfect spot for us. we will probable never know.On this particular weekend Hurricane Irene came into new england & forced us to change our plans. We understood that the Pemi had a 30 day cancellatoin policy, & had we known 30 days out that an act of God would keep us from the beautiful white mountains would have cancelled. we contacted them 4 days prior & made them aware that we may not make the reservation.their reply "sorry no refunds on your room" maybe if we can sell the room we can do half your money back." the day before our reservation we sent the Pemi an Email to confirm that we would not be staying with them, and said that we would be happy to take a credit on another stay at thier convienence. no reply.I checked the credit card company and the Pemi had charged us.we are in dispute of the charge,and expect a refund.I regret not being able to stay with the Pemi ,but honestly I expect at least the common curtiosity of a reply..

Room Tip: if you stay at the Pemi dont count on mother nature
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank charles c
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I'm not sure why this place was rated so high by so many other reviewers. All I can think of is that when you travel with pets you tend to overlook some things? We ended up here because we had planned to camp but it rained so we opted for cabins with fireplaces and kitchenettes. On the good side, the location is terrific. Right down the road from the notch and hiking but on the river which drowned out any traffic noise. Nice screened in porch and the people who run the place were really nice. But the place was run down and dirty. The mattress on the bed was shot. The carpet was dirty and smelled bad and the shower was really moldy and gross. They would need to seriously step up the cleaning routine here before I would return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lbmore
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This was my fourth or fifth time coming up to Pemi Cabins. What a wonderful place! The staff is always extremely friendly and will do everything possible to accomodate any and all requests. They are very knowledgable about the area and able to provide directions, ideas, and wonderful conversation. The Pemi River runs along the back of the cabins and is one of our favorite things in the summer. It's great to just get your feet wet and to sit and enjoy the tranquility of the river running through. The cabins are very country and rustic - most of them with fireplaces and screened-in porches. Some have kitchenettes while others have a microwave - so you just need to pick the cabin that fits your needs. It's a great place in the summer or winter time. Different activities for different seasons. Close to everything in Lincoln and Woodstock and are short distance to a plethora of activities and sight-seeing. Not to mention they have a wonderful gift shop! Prices are just fantastic and they haven't changed much over the years. It's one price year round. These folks really know what they are doing and are some of the most pleasant folks we've encountered.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family