“I return again and again!”

Riverbank Motel and Cabins
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I am a sales rep for the New England area and was fortunate to find this motel 2 or 3 years ago when I wanted to spend my weekends out of the city areas of New England. I have never had a bad room. They are always immaculately clean. Deanna and Tom the owners are wonderful and accomodating people who work hard to make sure everything is good for the customers. They do not have a credit card policy which I fully understand for a small establishment. I can live with that because they keep their rates reasonable. So I choose to stay here as many weekends as I can when up in New England. The motel is inbetween the towns of Lincoln and Woodstock and if you enjoy the out of doors there is much to do within just a short range. If you have to work on Saturday as I do they have a desk in each room and they have WIFI which just about all business people need these days. I also enjoy that every room has a balcony to sit out on which is great. I'm not a swimmer but their pool really looks nice. I feel that this motel/cabins is a treasure and I am very glad to have found it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 May 2010

I was searching this web site for new restaurants in the area for my trip to Riverbank this year and noticed a couple of not so kind reviews for Riverbank. I must say I was shocked. It prompted me to write this review and I NEVER write reviews. I have been staying at Riverbank Motel and Cabins for over twenty years and Deanna the owner is the nicest lady in the world. She will go out of her way for you and so will her staff. I have watched her son grow up from a little baby at the pool to a grown man now serving our country. Her place is CLEAN, very neat and the beds are comfortable and changed daily. This place has been my favorite place to stay and I just can’t stay anywhere else, I’ve try different places but I always come back to Riverbank. It is located right behind Clark’s Trading Post and it a short walk to a nice old fashioned breakfast dinner right around the corner. The prices for the main motel rooms at Riverbank you can’t beat, under $80 is very reasonable for a place with a kitchen you can cook in and even lower off season! Her bathrooms are always clean and kept up with fresh towels every day. Both heating and air conditioning has never been tampered with, if you set it on one temp it stays there till you change it. I usually stay there twice a year, once in May and once in Oct. At night as you sit on the porch all you hear is the river and the birds, it’s comforting and relaxing. I have stayed in the cottages, but prefer the main hotel rooms, just a preference. Her cottages are very quaint, priced extremely low compared to others in the area, she has three one with a deck! I have attached pictures of the river across from the hotel and cabins and misc pictures that show how clean and comfortable Riverbank is, the pictures with all the windows that look outside are from inside of one of the cabins.. I didn’t take pictures of the cabins themselves though..But you get the idea of what a beautiful view you have being against the river.. Anyway, she has recently renovated and updated all her cabinets and bathroom fixtures to make the stay even more pleasant!! Deanna you rock thanks for such a great place to stay and making our vacations the best… Love, Jo from MA

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank JOJOHARLEY
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We have stayed in many motels in New Hampshire but we thought Riverbank to be an excellent value, very clean and the owners very polite and helpful. It is in a great location, a short walk to the Clarks Bears Trading Post, and near to many of New Hampshire's attractions. We will definately stay at Riverbank Motel again.
This is a cozy little place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2009

So we decided to go here again after how upset we were with them not using their website. Anyway, we reserved motel room 2 and they put us in motel room 4. Upon arrival, they said it was EXACTLY like room 2. That it had the same size bed, a couch and a table. Well, a chair is NOT the same as a couch and it did NOT have a table, it had a desk with a microwave on it so there was no room to do anything. We specifically wanted room 2. We had stayed in that one last year and it was perfect. It had everything we needed. I wish I had talked to these people and gotten a refund or something. You can't change our room when we reserved that one just to accommodate other guests. If I didn't want a certain room then I wouldn't have reserved a specific room. What if we needed the couch because one of us was going to sleep on that while the other slept in the bed?. What if we weren't in a relationship?

And the walls seem to have been made out of paper. We could hear the rooms on the complete opposite side of the building. We felt all the jumping they were doing and even heard the mother screaming "DO NOT JUMP ON THE BED!!" It was horrible. Last year in the room we stayed in we did not hear all this noise.

Oh yeah and when we arrived at scheduled check in time our room wasn't even ready. They wasted about an hour of my time. Don't have a certain check in time if you can't even have a room ready by that time!

We also were only going to be our for a little while one of the days we were up there so we left our air conditioner on and the fan to help move around the cool air. (The air conditioner was horrible, it definitely needs an upgrade!) The weekend we went was one of the muggiest and most humid couple of days this summer. Well, we got back and they had went into the room to shut off the air conditioner. I am paying for the room, and we wanted the air on because it was so muggy and stuffy in that room. We weren't even gone that long.

This place has such bad customer service. It has gotten so horrible. I don't know how they run a business this way. It amazes me that they have such bad business skills and yet somehow this place is still up and running.

They lost us as customers.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilith_harlow
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I booked a 3 night stay for my family at the Riverbank Motel and Cabins in the "Pemi Cottage" for 5 people. If you check out their web site at: http://www.riverbankmotel.com/index.html you would see several cute cabins near the river. A beautiful setting and one we were anticipating with excitement. What you won't see is a picture of the "Pemi Cottage" which turned out to be a 1970's vintage single wide mobile home that wreaked of cigarette smoke. We could not believe how grossly they had misrepresented their facilities. They only refunded $25 per night and could not understand why we were not happy with the accommodations. A metal sided, 1970 single wide trailer is not a cottage!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank familyfun010
Reviewed 4 September 2008

My fiancé and I stayed at the Riverbank Motel and Cabins, in Lincoln (North Woodstock), New Hampshire for one night in August 2008. We were spending the week camping and wanted a break from the outdoors. I made an online reservation through the motel’s website several days ahead of time. What the website doesn’t tell you is that they only accept cash and money orders – no credit cards! Luckily, they called to tell me that and to confirm my reservation. We stayed in a motel room (as opposed to a cabin/cottage) that contained one queen bed. The room was clean and comfortable. We were asked to pay upfront, which we did, in cash. The total price of the room, including tax, was only about $65. It was a great price for such a nice, little room. We went to the motel’s outdoor pool for a swim. I found it to be a little too cold, but my fiancé went for a quick dip and enjoyed it. The location of the motel is very convenient and is adjacent to North Woodstock and Lincoln. We also enjoyed breakfast the following morning at the Sunny Day Diner, right around the corner from the motel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Wonderful one bedroom cabin sitting ON the river. Deck off our cabin looked out at the river and was fabulous. Kitchen was small but perfect for our needs. Pool was awesome! This one bedroom cabin was perfect for our family of three. Put the kid to bed and we sat in the awesome livingroom. Nothing fancy, keep in mind, but perfect for a comfortable night after hiking in the summer or skiing in the winter. I can see it would be nice in the winter because they had a great fireplace/stove in the unit. Owners were very nice and helpful! They don't take credit cards though, so bring cash.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family