“Hated Everything About It.”
Review of Days Inn Lincoln

Days Inn Lincoln
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 4 August 2008

My family stayed at the Beacon for a total of 4 nights. We stayed at a cabin in the back, behind Dad's store. My children are 6 and 2. The cabin was very old, the matteress were gross, housekeeping never vacuumed, we had large carpender ants crawling up the walls and when I called down to report it, all I got was "we got a lot of rain, you have to expect that". They offered to switch our room on Saturday evening when my check out day was Sunday. The "patio" that a previous poster wrote about is a long hallway that's the lenght of all the rooms, that's not private at all, but is closed in. Forget about the outdoor pools, there never clean. One in door pool was ok but the liner was way too big for it. Fay, the manager was VERY rude as was whom ever was behind the front desk at the time. I believe this place is just for the much older crowd. There specialty is they cater to tour groups and such. I'd never let my family stay there again and would never ever recommened it. The meal plan is just ok. The wait staff is nice enough. During "kids dance night" they played the oldies, not kid music like they said. I just dont get what everyone's problem was, why so grumpy all day long?

1  Thank triplover2575

Reviewed 23 July 2008

This was our second time at this resort and I am very disappointed (first time letting the world know my thoughts). The individual at check-in was rude (check-out was much nicer, thanks), needed payment upfront and did not provide much detail about what we got for our money. The room worked out to 144.00/night PER ROOM (when I called they quoted 311.00 would be the total for both nights, leading me to believe that was the TOTAL, when we asked why we were paying 622.00 she said "I quote per room and if I said TOTAL it meant per room, whether you were the only one making the reservation or not". Together we have 6 children ages 13-2. They liked it (kids have very low expectations, any pool is good to them!), but the pool was falling apart (North indoor) and all the other of the "4 Heated Pools" were very cold (quote, the heated South Pool is "77 degrees" that doesnt mean heated to me!) The dining staff (the gentleman who greeted us) was very short with us because we took up 2 tables and didnt check in together (my friend was changing her 2 year old and I brought down the first wave of kids--how rude of me!). Be careful of the water in the rooms--all the kids burned themselves!!! (But my friend's shower was either freezing or scalding her). One pool ended up getting closed for repair and was disgusting! One good thing, housekeeping and maintenence were very friendly and the rooms were very clean. I saw lots of comments about the value, but I stayed in Niagra Falls for 125.00 a nite, overlooking the falls with breakfast free for my children--the room was beautiful and service superb. I am very disappointed with The Beacon Resort.

Reviewed 21 July 2008

I was a little nervous reading the posted comments. Our family is used to the 5 star resorts in Florida.

It is an affordable vacation for a family. I recommend the meal plan. The resort itself is an older place but clean. It could use updating. But on a positive note...The pools were clean the kids ( ages 7-18 ) were well entertained and be prepared to gain a couple of pounds. If you do choose to go and you like seafood and red meat... I recommend the Steak Erwin... It was a dish that was wonderful. ( You will not be able to finish) As I said I would go with the meal plan it is well worth it. You will not need to eat lunch.. Breakfast and dinner will be enough. The portions are HUGE! Overall we as a family will return. It was a wonderful relaxing affordable vacation. If you go and have children Clarks Trading post right down the street was a hit. Cheap and a day of fun.

Reviewed 24 March 2008

Wendy & Dennis -

I want to thank you for making the past six scrapbooking events some of the most fun and memorable for me. As the Sales Office Staff you cover all my questions, concerns and issues with professionalism, style and humor. Being organized and keeping the lines of communication open, help me tremendously. These attributes take the burden off of me with this large bi-annual event!

To Tara, the kitchen and the dining room staff, we never go away hungry! The food is plentiful, served with a smile, hot and delicious.

Tom, Barry and Maintenance staff you're always there to help with the heavy lifting, questions on logistics and any other needs that the guests or I may have.

Faye and the Front Office Staff, the greeters of the event - thanks for always being, polite, courteous and friendly.

Housekeeping staff, thanks for all you do to service our rooms and make us comfortable in our home away from home!

Thanks Wendy and Dennis for making these events for me fun and successful! The Team of Staff at the Beacon Resort are wonderful and I look forward to returning to the Beacon in the Fall for another Scrapbooking Event.

Deb Bourbeau
Event Planner
Scrappin' Soul Sisters
Concord, NH

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank DebConcordNH
Reviewed 11 February 2008

The worst customer service experience ever! We spoke with someone called Wendy in sales. Saying rude is being polite. Never encountered worst customer skills and we all travel every two months. There is no response once you send your money in. 0 business manners.It seems that any question we asked her was a pain for her to answer. There would be a heavy loaded silence on the other side. Never got replies to our emails.The other hotel staff seemd very nice In comparison.The rooms were nice and warm enough but this resort needs a major overhaul as customers come first and experience may have been more pleasnat if we had been dealing with someone else. Some family who owns it should definitely look into it this attiitude from their satff. We all agree that the hotel was nice place to stay and skiing was fun.

2  Thank travellingbandits
Reviewed 28 January 2008

We had a great time at the Beacon, with it's easy access to Loon Mtn. (5 minute drive). It is definitely an older resort, but clean, comfortable and SO affordable! Also, the staff is super friendly and knows the area well.

We had some minor reservation problems, but were graciously upgraded to a suite, which would be perfect for any family planning to spend a week in the mountains. Full kitchen, large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, and gas fireplace. Also, the suite building is enclosed in glass, so you can enjoy a cup of coffee on your "patio," but still be out of the wind and snow. It also has an underground tunnel to the indoor pool...still cold but a great idea.

The standard rooms are reminiscent of grandma's house, but with a mini-fridge, microwave, and hair-dryer.

Dad's Restaurant is delicious and accommodating to dietary needs.

One tip: If you plan to check in after 10pm, arrange for your keys to be left in the late check in box. There is an after-hours number, but save everyone the trouble and call ahead. (Thanks again, Wendy!!)

Also, be sure to take advantage of the discounted lift tickets sold in the lobby that will get you $10 off.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank BuckeyeSki
Reviewed 16 January 2008

Went for a short ski trip 3 night stay. Our room wasn't bad looking, had a jaccuzi in a huge bathroom (ceiling above jaccuzii has bad staining) and gas fireplace. Although, we didn't light it because the room was so warm. we had to open a window. Watch out for the tack strips in floor between fireplace tiles and carpet.. I wore flip flops in the room but my husband did not. We were in Beacon North.
Hallway carpet dirty and stained from leaking glass ceilings Kinda gross.
Dad's resturaunt..Turned off when walking into Dad's smell of stale mud and grease. (only way to describe it) Food wasn't bad.
Great scallops and primerib.
All in all it served it's purpose. Great ski and stay package.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple