“I want to like this place, but.....”
Review of Days Inn Lincoln

Days Inn Lincoln
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 4 November 2008

The Beacon Resort has a lot of positives: we were treated like friends, the food was good, fun entertainment for families, and if you get the meal plan it's probably one of the better deals in Lincoln. That being said, it's unfortunate that I won't be staying here again. We booked a room that was great for the kids, the front door opened to the outdoor pool and the back door opened to the indoor pool. My kids were psyched! Unfortunately both pools were filthy and I was grossed out. My biggest problem is that the beds were like sleeping on wood. Not comfortable at all. If I'm going to pay for a room I would like to get some rest during the night. I wish this were not the case because if the beds had been decent we might have gone back some day. Sorry.

Reviewed 7 September 2008

IN the middle of the white mountains a place with tradition for the person with a all inclusive vacation this is the place to go.

The Beacon resort is a large place abutting the street but has
outdoor pools, indoor pools, all the games for the adults and children to play, entertainment and food all included if you purchase the meal plan.

The meal was very nice and the breakfast good to
but the place is old and needs alot of renovations to be updated

although there is a new part of the place it is still looking old if you know what i mean

other than that it is a good deal for what you are getting

Right next to Indian head and not far from Cannon Mt. it has its good location.

The food was very good the dinner had all the courses and the breakfast was a full menue and included a small buffet also.

ON the fourth of july they had a bbq part of the package outdoors
near the new pool the menue was a very nice hamburg, hotdogs, mellon, chips and salad all you want. and they also had entertainmet a singer that looked and sounded like Neil
Diamond.

The only thing is that it is located next to the street which took away from the feeling like being in the mountains The Indian Head resort up the street has better grounds than here with about the same to offer. But I think the Beacon is more 50 style and the meals have more quality and quantity than the other resort.

The rooms where I stayed were old feeling but you get what you pay for these days in accommodations.

anyway if you want a all inclusive vacation in the White Mountains
then this would be the place to take the family or alone and still have some left over money for the attractions.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I went as a child with my family, I liked it then, but, Nothing has been updated in 20 years! First we were put in a room with a 1960's kitchen, right away my toddler turned the burners on. We requested a normal pool room (which is what we asked for in the first place) The room we got smelled a strong odor of urine! The carpet was stained, the room was tiny, there was no closet, no bathroom counter space, no clock, no iron, and the tv was from the 80's! The pool outside our room had a new liner that was too big for the pool, it was all bunched up, you could feel busted up concrete under your feet when you walked the bottom of the pool, they never fixed the concrete before they put a new liner in! Both indoor pools were too cold! and they didn't have lifeguards. Showers were too cold then too hot! Most people that stayed there were old.
Although the place was about a 2, we were very impressed with food.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2008

My family stayed at the Beacon for a total of 4 nights. We stayed at a cabin in the back, behind Dad's store. My children are 6 and 2. The cabin was very old, the matteress were gross, housekeeping never vacuumed, we had large carpender ants crawling up the walls and when I called down to report it, all I got was "we got a lot of rain, you have to expect that". They offered to switch our room on Saturday evening when my check out day was Sunday. The "patio" that a previous poster wrote about is a long hallway that's the lenght of all the rooms, that's not private at all, but is closed in. Forget about the outdoor pools, there never clean. One in door pool was ok but the liner was way too big for it. Fay, the manager was VERY rude as was whom ever was behind the front desk at the time. I believe this place is just for the much older crowd. There specialty is they cater to tour groups and such. I'd never let my family stay there again and would never ever recommened it. The meal plan is just ok. The wait staff is nice enough. During "kids dance night" they played the oldies, not kid music like they said. I just dont get what everyone's problem was, why so grumpy all day long?

1  Thank triplover2575
Reviewed 23 July 2008

This was our second time at this resort and I am very disappointed (first time letting the world know my thoughts). The individual at check-in was rude (check-out was much nicer, thanks), needed payment upfront and did not provide much detail about what we got for our money. The room worked out to 144.00/night PER ROOM (when I called they quoted 311.00 would be the total for both nights, leading me to believe that was the TOTAL, when we asked why we were paying 622.00 she said "I quote per room and if I said TOTAL it meant per room, whether you were the only one making the reservation or not". Together we have 6 children ages 13-2. They liked it (kids have very low expectations, any pool is good to them!), but the pool was falling apart (North indoor) and all the other of the "4 Heated Pools" were very cold (quote, the heated South Pool is "77 degrees" that doesnt mean heated to me!) The dining staff (the gentleman who greeted us) was very short with us because we took up 2 tables and didnt check in together (my friend was changing her 2 year old and I brought down the first wave of kids--how rude of me!). Be careful of the water in the rooms--all the kids burned themselves!!! (But my friend's shower was either freezing or scalding her). One pool ended up getting closed for repair and was disgusting! One good thing, housekeeping and maintenence were very friendly and the rooms were very clean. I saw lots of comments about the value, but I stayed in Niagra Falls for 125.00 a nite, overlooking the falls with breakfast free for my children--the room was beautiful and service superb. I am very disappointed with The Beacon Resort.

Reviewed 21 July 2008

I was a little nervous reading the posted comments. Our family is used to the 5 star resorts in Florida.

It is an affordable vacation for a family. I recommend the meal plan. The resort itself is an older place but clean. It could use updating. But on a positive note...The pools were clean the kids ( ages 7-18 ) were well entertained and be prepared to gain a couple of pounds. If you do choose to go and you like seafood and red meat... I recommend the Steak Erwin... It was a dish that was wonderful. ( You will not be able to finish) As I said I would go with the meal plan it is well worth it. You will not need to eat lunch.. Breakfast and dinner will be enough. The portions are HUGE! Overall we as a family will return. It was a wonderful relaxing affordable vacation. If you go and have children Clarks Trading post right down the street was a hit. Cheap and a day of fun.

Reviewed 24 March 2008

Wendy & Dennis -

I want to thank you for making the past six scrapbooking events some of the most fun and memorable for me. As the Sales Office Staff you cover all my questions, concerns and issues with professionalism, style and humor. Being organized and keeping the lines of communication open, help me tremendously. These attributes take the burden off of me with this large bi-annual event!

To Tara, the kitchen and the dining room staff, we never go away hungry! The food is plentiful, served with a smile, hot and delicious.

Tom, Barry and Maintenance staff you're always there to help with the heavy lifting, questions on logistics and any other needs that the guests or I may have.

Faye and the Front Office Staff, the greeters of the event - thanks for always being, polite, courteous and friendly.

Housekeeping staff, thanks for all you do to service our rooms and make us comfortable in our home away from home!

Thanks Wendy and Dennis for making these events for me fun and successful! The Team of Staff at the Beacon Resort are wonderful and I look forward to returning to the Beacon in the Fall for another Scrapbooking Event.

Deb Bourbeau