“Another Great Time at The Beacon Resort”
Review of Days Inn Lincoln

Days Inn Lincoln
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Quincy, Ma
“Another Great Time at The Beacon Resort”
Reviewed 27 August 2009

The Beacon Resort Family provided another great time for us. The rooms have been updated with new beds & fixtures. The staff as always is friendly & helpful. The food at Dad's was wonderful and plentiful. There are childrens activities every evening til 9pm. There is a puppet show, ice cream social, bingo, kids night out, Beacon idol and horse racing that the kids can ride wooden horses. The kids will prizes at every event.This year they had a salute to the Lion King on Sunday nights & Mary Poppins on Thursday nights. I have never been disappointed at The Beacon Resort.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Thanks to all the staff at the Beacon! We are a family with two small children and appreciate all that was done to make our stay a relaxing one. The children enjoyed swimming in the pools, going to the puppet show, and the ice cream social. The food was delicious at Dad's and the rooms were very clean and modern. We look forward to going back again!

Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Just spent a great week at The Beacon. My wife and I and children have been going there for twenty years and will be going back again next year. Our experience has always been nothing but the best. The staff that starts in the office and goes to housekeeping and Dad's Restaurant are attentive and always cordial. The Beacon has always provided us with a warm and complete home away from home.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Braintree, MA
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I had to write to say we absolutely loved our stay at The Beacon Resort. My husband and I had heard of the Beacon from friends who take bus trips there and love it. So we had to give it a try. We took our grandkids ages 7 & 9 and we stayed in what the reservationist called a poolside room and boy was it ever!!! Our room not only opened up to the indoor pool but the door on the otherside of our room opened up to the outdoor pool. The kids were in heaven. The room was very clean and had a brandnew mattress and flat screen tv (my husband loved that). The nice lady who checked us in let us know we were getting a newly renovated room, and that the whole place was being updated and we were impressed. We bought the meal plan, it was such a great deal, the kids got to eat for free and we could choose from the whole menu. I had the salmon one night and the chicken oscar the 2nd night, my husband tried the prime rib and the filet mignon..the food was delicious and plentiful. The grandkids loved the pancakes and french toast at breakfast. Each night there were activities for the kids and entertainment and dancing for us. We had a ball. The Beacon is so close to everything we wanted to see...we spent a day at Clarks Trading post and another day in Franconia Notch. We only had two nights away, wish we could have stayed longer. A special thank you to Fay at the front desk for all her help with our reservation and all her wonderful suggestions of things we could do with the kids. We plan on coming back with our friends this fall on their bus trip...We can't wait!!!

Methuen, MA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I just returned home from the Beacon Resort. We have been going to this resort for 5 years now as a family of 22. My mother-in-law and Father-in -law take the entire family away each year. We always have a great time because we are all together. This year was no different. However the resort, if you can call it that, is absolutely discusting. The rooms stink like smoke, mildew and must. The floors in the rooms and resort look like they are never cleaned. I paid close attention this time to them and noticed that each day when we went down to breakfast the same dirt was on the carpets as the day before. The main bathroom in the lounge/ dining area had a clog in one of the toilets one night and it still remained the following evening at dinner time. I was just appauled. So here is the last comment I have. We went to breakfast on Sunday morning and My husband and I upgraded form the continental to the menu to get some omelets. We have never had a problem with the food before (it is never really that good to begin with but not spoiled) I took a bite of the omelet and the ham tasted like it was spoiled. So I sent it back and they brought cheese omlets. THey seemed a bit frazzled but this is a usual occurance there. We got our new omelets, ate them and enjoyed our day. The waitress was very nice and even told us about a great candy shop to visit. Later on that evening we were gettting in line for the clambake buffet and I made a comment to the hostess about if the win was part of the buffett too. I of course was joking and her reply to be was, "You probably need some after your breakfast this morning" THis was stated in a very rude way. I was not happy at all. Then one of the older women there got so impatient with my daugher in the line that she made her cry. I personally would never EVER return there again but it is a family weekend. We are in the process of finding better accomadations with friendlier owners.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 July 2009

My parents just returned from a one night stay and they provided the same comments I've just read about . . . unclean rooms, old and outdated, childish Lion King puppet show. They're not picky people, so you can believe it when they say the rooms were old and not clean. They did say they enjoyed the food. Hopefully the management is still reviewing these comments and will finally do something about it before they lose their clientel. Sometimes you have to spend money (like on renovations) to make money.

• Stayed July 2009
Fall River, Mass
Reviewed 29 June 2009

The food was very good at every meal. the service and competence of the staff was excellent. the room was o.k. but a bit dated. We had no problems. The entertaiment was good especially the second night of our stay. This was my second stay at the Beacon and hope to go again next year.

• Stayed June 2009