“Terrible, not worth the money.”
Review of Days Inn Lincoln

Days Inn Lincoln
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Billerica, Ma
“Terrible, not worth the money.”
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We just returned from a 2 night stay over February vacation. We will not be back and I do not recommend this resort to anyone. For starters our room was right across from the boiler room which was very noisy. Our screen door was broken and had to slam it to get it to close properly. There was left over candy on the floor, empty water bottles and trash under the beds. The thermostat did not work in the room and we had to open the door to cool it off.
There was no clock in the room, no guide on what to press to call the office or to make an outside call. There was broken moldings in the bathroom and the drain didn't work.

The maid left us fresh towels and left the door ajar while we were out for the day and our belongings could have been easily stolen. The floors are very creaky and walls are very thin making it hard to sleep.

We purchased the meal plan thinking it would save us a bit of money since our 3 and 5 year old kids would eat free. The seafood was not fresh. The chicken cordon blue that I ordered one night was definitely of the premade Sam's club style out of the freezer into the oven variety. The filet and prime rib were good. Veggies were frozen and looked to be cooked in the microwave, we didn't even try to eat them as they just looked awful.

Breakfast brought dirty coffee cups and utensils that had to be sent back. Our waiter was not clean shaven, had messy hair and a stained white shirt. The breakfast food was much better than dinner.

The grounds are dirty- cigarette butts everywhere. There is absolutely no pride in ownership. The place is so dated it should be torn down. Not sure what type of updated rooms other reviewers were talking about- the only thing updated in the last 20 years in our room was the small flat panel tv.

We are not hard people to please, but I expect a clean room at the least. We live outside of Boston and know what good food is and this place does not have good food. I hate to say it but anyone who thinks they serve good food doesn't get out much or has pretty low expectations.

The only good thing about our stay is we went to ride our atvs and we were ale to ride right out from the hotel.

I would not recommend to anyone- lodging or eating at the restaurant and we definitely won't go back again.

For $500, we could have stayed somewhere much nicer and had a better time. For our inconvenience we were given a voucher for a free night that we are never going to use.

It may have been a nice hotel at one time, but not anymore.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kids0406
BeaconLincoln_NH, Manager at Days Inn Lincoln, responded to this review, 26 February 2010
Re: Trip Advisor Complaint posted Feb 21, 2010.

This family stayed with us from Feb 19 until Feb 21. 2010 I am responding to this complaint because of discrepancies.

He checked into the resort and purchased the meal plan. He was planning a snowmobile or atv weekend with his family. We showed him where he could park his trailer so that it would not be so far from his room. Unfortunately the snowmobiling this past weekend was almost non existent because of lack of snow.

He registered for a deluxe room, queen bed and a double bed. This room also has a in room Jacuzzi tub. There are new pillow top mattresses in these rooms, a fridge, in room coffee and a 32” flat screen TV. When people checked in at the front desk they are also given a copy of the menu and also a pamphlet that informs the guest of the hours for the office, phone number for emergency, etc.

Unfortunately this guest did not report any problems during his stay and did not give us the opportunity to correct anything was wrong. When he checked out I asked him if he enjoyed the weekend. He told me he had a problem with the tub drain and the room trash was not taken out. Our maintenance staff had just replaced the tub drain and it was working fine when they left the room that morning. I asked why he did not come or call the front desk and we would have been more than happy to correct anything that was wrong. We always check any complaints and could have moved this family to a different room. His response to me was “Oh, I just lived with it.” He also said that the door to his room was left open. Since this incident, this particular housekeeper has been let go. I asked him about the meals and he said the food was good. He never once said anything about a problem at the restaurant, the food or service. Our restaurant is known for it’s great food and friendly service. I apologized for any inconvenience, and gave him a voucher to come back for a free night. He seemed fine with that solution. We sincerely hope that this guest will give us another opportunity to host his family again.

Fay Dwyer, Manager
Beacon Resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Windham
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Last weekend was my family's second mini-vacation at the Beacon Resort. We had a wonderful time back in July. The weather was terrible but the vacation itself absolutely perfect. We could not wait to return. This past weekend we returned to The Beacon, myself, my husband and my three children. Yet again, an absolutely wonderful experience. The hospitality is incredible. Every guest is made to feel special. My 3 children feel like they are "home" with resort amenities!!! We take the meal plan offered by the Resort and oh my, the meals are top quality with top quantity. You walk away full, satisfied and saying "wow, was that incredible"!!! Fantastic meals, both breakfast and dinner. Right after we finished breakfast we were looking at the dinner menu getting excited about what we might order that evening! To fun! We are of limited financial means and have been for quite some time now. With that, I can assure you I will make the Beacon my first choice for vacation and am determined to find a way back there this coming July. It's a priority for my family. To sum it all up, don't miss out, book a weekend or longer stay and I can assure you, you won't be disappointed. THANK YOU ALL AT THE BEACON FOR MAKING MY FAMILY FEEL SPECIAL AND MAKING INCREDIBLE MEMORIES FOR US!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Springfield, MA
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I had a great time at the Beacon. It's not far from Loon Mtn and there's snowmobiling right down the road. I enjoyed the way the rooms have been upgraded and the staff were very friendly with me and my partner. I would reccomend this place to others. It's not a bad price either, so if there was a little something wrong, not even a big deal...but no issues here!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GarfieldJB
Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 January 2010

From the mold in the bathroom and the door that grated on the loose tiles, to the greasy finger marks on the kitchenette doors and appliances, it was evident that the housekeeping in this property is sorely lacking. The food was lackluster at best and the general condition of the interior of the property was dirty. Cherry stems were found on one of the couches in the lounge and the tables were sticky and had not been wiped down, even though there was no one else in that area. Our complaint at dinner about the quality of the food went on deaf ears. It appeared that most of the food had been pre-prepared, including the bacon that was served at breakfast. The hot fudge at the sundae bar that they boast was not heated; the topping was not whipped cream, but a "whipped topping". Our clue should have been the aquarium at the front desk that was actually black! Our room was located immediately adjacent to the indoor swimming pool, and we did not realize that you are literally locked in your room and unable to access the rest of the building thru the door adjacent to the pool during certain hours. This meant using your back door and trudging thru the snow (a path for which had NOT been cleared) to get to other parts of the building and breakfast in the morning. Very disappointed since family members and friends have been going to this resort for years. I have been told that the property has recently been sold.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Beacon because we planned on skiing at Loon. Our room was clean and had a king bed, jacuzzi and flat screen TV. We paid a $100 a night and I would say it is worth it. The staff was nice and the food at Dad's Lounge was good the night we ate there.

My only cons are, there is nothing around there to do. I would suggest heading into Woodstock (Woodstock Brewery) or going closer to Loon ( The Common Man) if you stay there and want something to do.

Also, if you stay on the first floor it can be noisy. We had people above us the first night and we could hear every step they took. Also, we could hear people walking on the second floor "hallway" too.

I would stay here again and I do think it was worth the money.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Fantastic! The new updated rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The new mattresses, bedding, flat screen TV's all added a touch of home away from home to our stay. The food, wait staff and hotel staff were fantastic and met all our requests. Hats off to the Beacon Resort and it's staff. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed October 2009
Haverhill
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We had lobster rolls for lunch and I swear there was at one pound of lobster in each sandwich. Our box lunches (during our bus tour) included fruit, drinks, brownies, ham sandwiches with 5 thick slices of ham, plus thickly sliced date nut bread with tons of cream cheese to die for!! Entertainment was pretty good too.

• Stayed October 2009