“My Grand daughter was horified”
Review of Days Inn Lincoln

Days Inn Lincoln
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Boston, Massachusetts
“My Grand daughter was horified”
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We reserved one of the cottages with two bedrooms for a week. It was aginst the brook in the back. When we went in to the cottage my grand daughter said to me Papa we aren't really going to stay here are we. My answer was no. I would not leave my dog in that cottage. This was the most disgusting, dirty, broken down place I have ever been.
My hootch in Viet Nam was better than this place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank bucko49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Marion, Illinois
Reviewed 18 September 2010

This stay at the Beacon was sooooo disappointing , since we were one of the first couples to stay there 40 years ago when it opened. It was great back then..clean, modern, great service,etc. We have stayed there during the 1980s and 90s and it was still nice, but what happened I don't know. Our room smelled of RAID, there was black mold on the bathroom ceiling, the decor was still from 1970 and the curtains were filthy. The quilts looked dusty though the sheets were white and had no stains. thank God. The telephone by the bed was the original and hadn't been cleaned in quite some time.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

South Berwick
Reviewed 13 September 2010

American Bandstand show was wonderful- wonderful singing, dancing, and trivia. Too much delicious food- ate too much! We went for the Lobsterfest (52 people) and there was plenty of lobster-avaialbe at all tree meals. We think it is a great deal for the price and have been going twice a year for many years.

• Stayed September 2010
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Just home after 10 day stay and found our room newly renovated,very comfortable,new TV, excellent food, entertainment each evening. near many sites of interest. Best of all - every employee treated us with a kind and happy mood. Looking forward to 2011.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Was traveling in the White Mountains with my 9 year old daughter for a little vacation. We had stayed at a nice hotel one night and had decided to stay a second night. Unfortunately the place we stayed was already booked for that night. Made some callsonly to find most of the hotels in the area were also full. The Beacon had rooms available. Pictures in a brochure made it look real nice. Wrong! It was awful! Had a non smoking room,that smelled so bad of cigarette smoke we had both gotten a headache. Even our clothes and suitcases smelled. Burn holes in the carpet,no coffee for the coffee maker, the air cond. did not work properly,would turn on and off every couple of minutes. Music playing somewhere all night. My daughter and I travel and stay in hotels alot,and this was the worst we have ever seen.Even the carpet in the hallways and astr turf on the outside walkways were worn to nothing. My daughter said ":This place is gross."

• Stayed August 2010
BeaconLincoln_NH, Owner at Days Inn Lincoln, responded to this review, 1 September 2010
Dear Lincoln2010,
We are very sorry to hear that your room smelled of cigarette smoke. All of our motel rooms are designated non-smoking, with the exception of our cottages which are not designated smoking or non-smoking. We wonder if perhaps you were in a cottage?? Regardless, if you you were uncomfortable in your room, we wish you had called the office and requested to be changed to a different room. We are not really sure where the music was coming from either, perhaps another guest room, we do have a live in manager on property 24 hours. The phone number for our manager is given to all guests at check in and directions to reach the manager are also on the front desk answering service for after hours problems. We are sorry for your unfortunate experiences at our resort, we would have been happy to assist you had you just let us know of these problems while you were here, either by calling our office or manager on duty. Sincerely, The Clermont Family
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Thank you Clermont Family and Beacon Staff for a wonderful four day stay. The weekend was fantastic, the food was superb and our rooms were wonderful. We love the new bedding, comfortable mattresses and flat screen televisions. We're planning our return next July and hoping to make this an annual girls weekend away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Our family has been planning this weekend for weeks and came across this hotel that looked nice in the photos, charming, a kind of home away from home. A few close friends had mentioned they stayed there in the past and it was great. So of course my family and I went into this with high expectations. From the website, this resort had everything we could have wished for, a pool, flat screen tvs, and an on-sight restaurant. Its a much different story when you get there.
After a very long day of sightseeing, Story Land and hiking with a 3 year old in the heat, we got caught in torrential rain on our way to our hotel and couldn't wait to get dried off, take a shower and relax by the pool for a few hours before bed. We finally got into our room walked in and immediately the light wouldn't work, for a good few minutes my husband and I are feeling down walls for another working light source which thankfully the other two lamps on the other side worked. It was at least 85 degrees in that room so we turned on the A/C which was a dinosaur, duct taped up and knobs missing, to our suprise that was blowing out barely cool air that reeked of cigarette smoke, even though we were in a non-smoking room.After dousing the room with perfume to mask the odor of the smoke my A/C was blowing out, We figured it just needed to be on for a while to get cool so we settled with getting in our swimsuits and headed for the pool. We walked to the pool which was very nice with the biggest hot tub ive personally ever seen in a hotel, very well maintained and clean. I felt a little uncomfortable with there being a young couple were fooling around in the hot tub while we were trying to go for a dip with our little one, apparently so did another father with his young daughter who jokingly commented to us that we should leave before it got any more heated for the sake of our children. We ended up leaving that area with the hopes to come back at another time. From there we went back to our room that was no cooler from when we left even when having it set to the coolest setting, we ended up resorting to opening the door to the outside that didn't provide much relief to the humid and hot weather. We called the hotels family restaurant to order dinner, after the phone ringing for at least 10 times it was picked up by someone who was audibly rushed and was told to hold on for someone to take my order. I waited 7-10 minutes for someone to come back just to tell me to hold on for another 5 minutes. Our order was eventually taken and they called us in our room to tell me to come pick it up, for 2 moderately priced dinners and a dinner from the childs menu it came to $60, which I thought was pretty high for the quality of the food. I was told that there was plasticware, ketchup and tarter sauce in the bag, im glad I asked if there was a spoon in there for the soup because there wasn't one in the bag. We finally sat and ate in our room, there was no ketchup or tarter sauce in the bag and my husband found a large piece of tin foil in his chicken dinner. I had the seafood fettucini, it was a HUGE portion and was over cooked with way too much butter in it. My daughters fish was soggy and she could barely eat it without her requested sauces, and I wasn't about to walk back in the downpour so we dealt with it. Most the food went to waste since it was barely edible in the first place and I found my receipt and figured out that the take out lady at the restaurant added on her own tip and charged it on my card. After dinner I was wary of giving my daughter a bath not only because there were cigarette burns on the side of it but that there was mildew growing around the faucet, ceilings, and shower curtains. Not only that but there was a rather large hole in the ceiling growing mold. If we hadn't needed a shower so bad after the days activites I wouldn't have stepped foot in that bathroom that smelled of dirty feet. Who knows what was in the commercial wall mounted soap pump on the wall. My husband went to use the restroom where there were drops of urine and blood with pubic hair stuck in it under the seat. He also took a shower to come out and almost dry off with a towel that reeked of dirty feet, stained and obviously used, needless to say we tossed that one outside on the patio chair next to the table with the plastic deli container chocked full of cigarette butts. Our daughter was bugging us to go take her back to the pool we promised her, where we found the young couple still all over each other. At that point I called it quits and headed for the room to go to sleep. The TV wasnt flat screen like the website said rather than some old early 90s crap box. The sheets were in need of some serious fabric softner, the blanket was old and ratty and the mattress was one step up from sleeping on pavement. I finally laid down to go to sleep when the banging started on the floor above us, for an hour I thought someone was going to fall through the floor into our room. After 4 hours of tossing and turning I gave up and started packing to go home so we could put an end to our misery and start the long journey home with no sleep.
Unfortunately I can only blame myself for wanting to stay here, it obvious that the place is very dated, not well maintained, and not cared for. My husband did not want to complain because we only stayed for one night and hes not a complainer overall, and even he was very upset we wasted our money on this place. Its not everyday we can get to go on family vacations like this all together because we do work a lot, and this is why it upsets me so much. Too bad, it could have been a great trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Dear RI_Mom428,
We are sorry to hear of your experiences while staying at our Resort. Upon reading your review we went on a mission to find the ac unit missing knobs and with duct tape and could not find it, could you please email or phone us with the number of the room you were staying in so that we can address the maintenance and housekeeping issues you experienced in that room. With regard to the fact that you did not have a flat screen tv in your room, all of our Front View, Deluxe and Poolside Rooms do now have flat screen tvs and brand new pillowtop mattresses. It sounds like you were in one of our West Wing rooms The West Wing Rooms were updated this spring brand new bedspreads and coffee makers (soon we will also be adding fridges), but do not have flat screen tvs. We are sorry you did not know what type of room you were getting when you booked and that your expectations were not met. we just launched a new website that describes the rooms exactly and have pictures of each unit, we hope this will do away with the confusion between the room types. We have addressed the issues that you experienced with the "to go" food at Dad's and thank you for your feedback.. We also apologize for the behavior of the young couple in the jacuzzi, it is unfortunate that you and your children were subjected to the poor judgement of these individuals. We do thank you for your review, good or bad we need to know about these experiences however it would have been better if you to have made your complaints known while you were here either by calling our front office or stopping in. Perhaps we could have moved to a room with a flat screen tv and more efficent ac, delivered the missing condiments and plastic ware to you and overall helped you have a nicer stay. As mentioned before, It would help us further to know which room you were staying in so we can fix the maintenance and housekeeping issues you encounterd.. Thank you again and please accept our apologies. Sincerely, The Clermont Family