“nice rooms”
Review of Mt. Coolidge Motel

Mt. Coolidge Motel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Me and my friends went for fall foliage this month, I am so glad that I chosed to book this motel two months ago. We enjoyed the stay there so much. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. Nice hosts too !

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank yztang

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay at Mt. Coolidge Motel! Vicki and Kevin were wonderful, very accomadating and delightful to chat with! The rooms were EXTREMELY CLEAN, which is a number one priority with us. The Motel was lovely, well kept and I really enjoyed sitting out back by the river each morning for quiet time, it was so beautiful and peaceful! We will definitely stay here again, as we come to the White Mountains every year for the hiking. Enjoy your vacation Vicki and Kevin, it is well deserved! Thank you for everything!
Laurie & Mark Rieser

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife said this is the cleanest hotel/motel room she has stayed in ever. We agree with the other good reviews of the Mt. Coolidge Motel and especially how helpful Vicki and Kevin are as hosts, except we felt that the queen bed was too hard. My wife complained that it hurt her hips when she was on her side, and I could not sleep well either because I had to keep turning because it was uncomfortable. We did not get to take advantage of the stream and chairs in the back due to the rain. For the price, I would have expected a higher quality bed. The folks in the room next to us got up early and woke us, so we got up earlier than planned. I would not go as far as saying the walls are paper thin as another reviewer proclaimed, but if people want to make noise you are going to hear it. We were also not impressed with the restaurant choices in the area after getting suggestions and looking at menus, so we ended up eating dinner 20 miles away in Littleton that was part of a suggested drive by Vicki. We went to the TripAdvisor highly rated Flapjack restaurant for breakfast and it was closed on Tuesday. While the $100 per night price is okay, there were lots of vacancies in the area and about 1/2 of the rooms were empty at this motel, so I would have expected lower rates this time of year. However, we picked this motel based on the TripAdvisor reviews and the bed was really the only major disappointment.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I am sorry to be a little negative about this place, the hosts are lovely warm and helpful people and the rooms spotlessly clean.
We did however have one of the smaller rooms and hearing my neighbour snoring ALL night is not an experience I want to repeat. The wall are just too thin as are the bed sheets, almost transparent. I just think for the price charged, we have stayed in much better, it is clearly the location and lack of competition that keeps the prices high. The rooms are a little dated, the decor tired and the chains on the lights a little strange. It is a good basic motel, so take it as that. No problems but nothing that would make me want to return.
Also the lack of availability of choice for somewhere to eat after a long day on the road means that it is unlikely we would stay in this area again.
If you are from the UK and planning a New England trip, really research where you are staying and places to eat nearby unless you want to get in the car again to go and eat.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The tripadvisor map suggested that this Motel was within walking distance of a number of eating places on the Main Street...it isn't. There are 2 eating places for dinner within walking distance, a pizza place which doesn't look good and has awful reviews on tripadvisor and the Woodward resort which is where we ate twice..the rib steaks are excellent.
The rooms are large and very clean, the welcome friendly and there is free wifi, and coffee and tea in the office each morning. There is a stream at the back with a number of chairs and benches...a pleasant place to relax after a long day sightseeing. The let down is that the decor is very dated..but then the price is low.

2  Thank Pammie56
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I and our 6 year old granddaughter spent the night of Sept. 28, 2013 at the Mt. Coolidge Motel. Our room was exceptionally clean and the entire property was very well maintained. Behind the motel, you can sit and watch the Saco River wind it's way through the area. The owners, Kevin and Vicki, are super people who really enjoy taking care of the needs of their guests. They are friendly and informative. We look forward to coming back again and again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Melinda C
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Our room at the Mt. Coolidge Motel was exceptionally clean and spacious.The bed linens and towels looked fresh and inviting and the bathroom was large and immaculate. It is conveniently located in the midst of the scenic White Mountains Area and literally only minutes away from breathtakingly beautiful places, waterfalls, covered bridges and natural formationsto. It's a very good value for the money and I would definitely stay here and again or recommend it to friends.
One word of caution: my husband and I went for dinner to Woodwards Resort, ordered the filet mignon and it was the worst dinner I can ever remember (seriously) - it was inedible. Luckily, there are some other restaurants a little further away on the other side of town.

Room Tip: We were in room 2 and it was clean, spacious and comfy, but probably all of them are good.