“A wonderful place to stay”
Review of Mt. Coolidge Motel

Mt. Coolidge Motel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Mt. Coolidge Hotel while we were sight seeing in the White Mountains. The location is great. It is very close to the Franconia State Park. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Kevin (owner) is very knowledgeable and helped us plan which sites to see. Since we were arriving later in the evening, he even had the room open and warmed up when we arrived. The grounds of the Motel are beautiful and relaxing. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank judes942

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nestled in the White mountains, resting along a tranquil river the Mt. Coolidge Motel was the perfect place for our fall foliage get away. The rooms are clean, spacious and homey and the hosts are gracious, knowledgeable and always willing to help. I look forward to coming back next spring!

1  Thank Kamps2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I am returning from a wonderful weekend stay at the Mt. Coolidge Motel. Just a few days in this tranquil, beautiful, welcoming place and I am relaxed and refreshed. Vicki and Kevin make you feel like an old friend returning home from the moment you turn in the driveway. The room was spacious and I loved how everything I needed was there - from two luggage racks, to an extra blanket, to the impeccably clean bathroom. Watching the fire by the river in the late afternoon was a special treat. It's the perfect location (right off the highway and yet you are suddenly in a completely different world.) I even slept like a log, which is unusual for me when I am on the road. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank snaMassachusetts
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was our fifth stay at Mt. Coolidge and it was wonderful as always. Kevin and Vicky are wonderful hosts and really make you feel welcome. The rooms are always spotless clean and comfortable. The river right behind your room is so beautiful and relaxing! This is THE place to stay in the White Mountains!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victobass
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Me and my friends went for fall foliage this month, I am so glad that I chosed to book this motel two months ago. We enjoyed the stay there so much. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. Nice hosts too !

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank yztang
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay at Mt. Coolidge Motel! Vicki and Kevin were wonderful, very accomadating and delightful to chat with! The rooms were EXTREMELY CLEAN, which is a number one priority with us. The Motel was lovely, well kept and I really enjoyed sitting out back by the river each morning for quiet time, it was so beautiful and peaceful! We will definitely stay here again, as we come to the White Mountains every year for the hiking. Enjoy your vacation Vicki and Kevin, it is well deserved! Thank you for everything!
Laurie & Mark Rieser

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife said this is the cleanest hotel/motel room she has stayed in ever. We agree with the other good reviews of the Mt. Coolidge Motel and especially how helpful Vicki and Kevin are as hosts, except we felt that the queen bed was too hard. My wife complained that it hurt her hips when she was on her side, and I could not sleep well either because I had to keep turning because it was uncomfortable. We did not get to take advantage of the stream and chairs in the back due to the rain. For the price, I would have expected a higher quality bed. The folks in the room next to us got up early and woke us, so we got up earlier than planned. I would not go as far as saying the walls are paper thin as another reviewer proclaimed, but if people want to make noise you are going to hear it. We were also not impressed with the restaurant choices in the area after getting suggestions and looking at menus, so we ended up eating dinner 20 miles away in Littleton that was part of a suggested drive by Vicki. We went to the TripAdvisor highly rated Flapjack restaurant for breakfast and it was closed on Tuesday. While the $100 per night price is okay, there were lots of vacancies in the area and about 1/2 of the rooms were empty at this motel, so I would have expected lower rates this time of year. However, we picked this motel based on the TripAdvisor reviews and the bed was really the only major disappointment.