“value cottages”

Franconia Notch Motel
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I dont know what some of the folks reviewing expected but compared the resort place up the road this was a bargain. The cottages were clean and functional. We had two a/c units both fairly new, micro fridge and plenty of light. Quiet and nice view of river behind. We were very satisfied and would stay again if in the area. Some updating and detailing would go a long way but would be good place to spend a few nights to see Franconia and Crawford Notch areas.

Room Tip: Close to the office was good, all looked fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2013

It's not a 4-star hotel, but the very reasonable price (for Lincoln) reflects that. There are a few maintenance issues as mentioned in other reviews such as the sheet vinyl pulling up at the edges in the bathroom, but overall it was a pleasant experience. It was quiet, the river flowing right behind the motel was beautiful, and the room was clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Laurence1001
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I read the reviews after making my reservation and nearly cancelled. So glad I didn't. I stayed three nights and enjoyed myself. Yes, it is older and could use updating (and more outlets)- but it was very clean . I also stayed in unit 2 so don't really understand the complaints. The people there were extremely helpful and friendly. I had brought Fabreze and cleaning products with me (because of the reviews) but did not need to use either of them. Room smelled fresh (bedspread too), bathroom clean, bed clean and comfortable. Yes, the fridge and microwave are small, but I wasn't expecting full size. I really don't understand the comment about the folks at the front desk being 'crooks', maybe a mistake was made but that comment is not called for. Was it made because they are mideastern? Is it a matter of their ethnicity? They were so helpful and friendly - I will certainly go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dottie C
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Well i did not enjoy my stay. It wasn't very clean. The service at the front desk was terrible. They stole $50 off my credit card and they are crooks. The rooms are very very small. The fridge is very small. I felt closterphobic. I would not recommend staying there.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I can't say anything nice about this place. I stayed 1 night and that was enough. Musty smelly room, over loaded wall outlets, outlets that didn't work. Tile coming off walls, vinyl flooring pulling up around edges in bathroom, tub calking needed re-doing. Very old AC unit and very dirty dust covered AC unit fins. Bedspread very musty smelling. Back of entrance wood door showed heavy black mold. I can only speak on unit #2. (They also have small cabins.) The river runs behind the place, picnic tables riverside, steep stair descent, watch out for the phone wire laying on the ground. Picnic table, gazebo, loungers out front for guest use.
Go further up the road to Parker's motel, little more money but so much better. I pd. $70. add another $20 and have a nice place to stay with someone else.

Room Tip: No windows facing river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank boarstone
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Excellent rooms for little money. Be prepared to stay in the 50's. Laid back hotel built in the 50's. Nothing is up dated. No pool. No breakfast but there are lots of low priced places nearby for breakfast. Nice owner's. They can't do enough for you. They are new to this country but understand customer service. If online booking is full call them. We stayed in small room (6). Very small room at a very small price. If you are looking for a quiet laid back vacation this place this place is for you. There is a beautiful river behind the motel. Shut off the AC and open the windows listen to the river. What a peaceful sound.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith C
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The check in process was very easy, the owner very kind with very limited English speaking skills. So communicating was a bit of a hassle. BUT he was very accommodating to our families needs. We stayed in a cottage and it smelled very musty and moldy and just ewww, BUT everything was clean.....very clean! It was so hot and humid out that the TWO air conditions were so welcoming at the end of the day. We always bring our own coffee maker so the walk to the office for morning coffee wasn't an issue for us. I am not sure if the smell is from the AC or under the cabin itself...it wasn't from anything in the cabin, it had obviously been deep cleaned. I was also under the impression that our cabin had a bathtub so was kind of surprised by only a shower, so we emptied the cooler and bathed our little man in that, it worked! Would we stay again, yes. The owner was so kind and obviously working to make things better, we respect that and wish him and his family the best.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee maker. River is loud if you open your window, we loved it...other might not.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family