“Great location for hikers”

Franconia Notch Motel
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great location for hikers”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Started staying at this family run motel earlier this year and have returned on a regular basis. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room is great, allowing me to bring food from home for an early breakfast before I start my day. The owner (Sam) is very friendly and accommodating. Sam always greets me with a smile and has a fresh pot of coffee ready in the morning. Best of all, the location is perfect for hikers, with many of the 48 4K peaks a short drive away. The Franconia Notch Motel is a great value for anyone looking to visit the beautiful White Mountains.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were staying at Lafayette Campground, but we knew it was going to rain on our last night. In an effort to not have to break down in the rain in the morning, we went looking for a place to stay.
We came upon this gem, just two miles down the road.
Quaint quiet, and most of all CLEAN. The owner was particularly welcoming, and we got a cabin for $80. Its usually 103 I think, but at either price this was well worth it. A fridge and a microwave in the cabin let us keep our drinks cold, and some food hot. The cabin has a front sitting room, with a nice flatscreen TV, cable, internet (the wifi works!), a couch and a nice little table with two chairs.There is also a screened in porch with a couple of chairs
The bedroom had a king bed, which was quite comfortable. A small AC unit kept us cool, and the sound of the Pemi river just behind the cabin lulled us to sleep. The bed was extremely comfortable.
I have to tell you how CLEAN the place was. The Room was immaculate. The linens were freshly laundered. The bathroom shined. There wasn't a speck of dust anywhere.There is coffee in the morning.
There aren't any other amenities, but for a place to stay while you are enjoying the white mountains, and you aren't looking for the "Resort Experience", this is the place to check out. I recommend it highly, and will stay here again. A nice middle ground in the White Mountains between camping and the full boat resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabin, and i would suggest you do as well.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James L
Littleton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I read some not so nice reviews after I booked. Yikes! Glad to say that they were all FALSE. The only thing I thought could have been improved was that the tub was stained. But I didn't go to the White Mountains to take a bath ;) The room was nice sized, easy to access without being in your neighbors face. The water pressue was good, the bed was the most comfortable I think I have ever slept on, and the owner was gracious and accomodating. We were much later arriving that anticipated, and the owner stayed up to let us in. The motel and cabins are right off the main road, but traffic didn't bother us. The Pemi is directly behind the motel and the rushing water drowned out a lot of noise. We slept with the back window open and fell asleep to the sound of the water. I haven't been able to sleep since coming home! We will definately recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Strong, Maine
Reviewed 27 July 2014

For $109 including tax, we had a comfy king bed and a clean bathroom with good pressure in the shower. The AC worked to make white noise all night and did not clunk on and off the way some of AC units do. The place is "dated" but I expected that, so was not disappointed. There is coffee in the morning but no food and that was expected too. There was a shady area with lounge chairs in front of the motel and that was nice, even if the highway was right beside it. It's a good place for an older couple without kids like we are.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I rented a cabin there we were 4 people , it was alright for us , the owner is helpfull ,it close for many activity,they do not serve breakfast but coffe is free at check in desk,you also have a fridge and a micowave in each room,the place is old but 1 night or 2 it is more than ok

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This property is definitely dated but by looking around in the area, there seems to be nothing close by that is not. In sum, it looks much better in the photos than in actual life. It's not particularly family friendly as it has not tub despite quite a large bathroom. Oddly, it has no coffee maker either in the room. That being said, what it does have is a microwave and a fridge which is essential for staying with small kids. We have a one year old and a three year old. Also, the owner/manager of the place was accommodating. When we got there initially, he said that they had no cribs/pack and plays for small kids and did not provide any but then he reviewed my booking and said that I did request one and he made sure that we received one. So, I appreciate that very much because in another place, they did not accommodate or notify us of this issue. The property is also set on a river that you can hear constantly and that was pretty welcoming to us. On the front, it does sit on a street that has high speed and so I would not let my kids hang out there. The location, is prime though for getting around the state park and into the White Mountains or to restaurants. It also has a screened in porch that was fantastic for evening sittings and away from bugs. There are no other accommodations for kids (no playground, etc.).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I typically stay in Chain Hotels, but there isn't much for those in Franconia Notch. I found this one and decided to give it a try. It was a great decision. My wife, 7, 5 yr. old, infant and myself stayed in one of the cottages for 2 nights. Space is tight, but it is right on the river and a perfect location. Service was good as well. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family