“not living up to the description!”

InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Old Tappan, New Jersey
“not living up to the description!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Although we were told this is a 5 star accommodation-it's not. 3 star at best.
Everything looks like a blast from the past-it really needs updating. The furniture, the beat up coffee table. The inexpensive kitchen electronics, dishes and total set up left us very underwhelmed! the bathrooms really need updating! we are talking small round bowls people! yes, laugh as we entered the bathrooms. the shower pressure was bad and minimal amount of attention to detail was done. there isn't a vacuum in the unit for dusting up the condo as we come and go....1 flat screen tv in the living room. an old tv in the master bedroom on the dresser and none upstairs in the other bedroom & loft area. the bedding, pillows were cheap and should also be updated!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank jayme a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

wonderfull people,wonderfull staff,nice rooms,many offers,best regards to Erik! Birgit & Zaly,
Israel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zaly R
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

This resort has enormous potential. It looks great from the outside, but once you get inside the units, they show signs of not aging well. Scuffs on walls, tired furnishings and cheap fixtures (lamps, tables etc.) don't bode well for a resort in such a remarkable setting. Our unit had no garbage disposal in the sink & even lacked a drain catch. The pool areas, gym and other common areas are quite nice. Staff at the resort have been tremendously accomodating.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the end units adjacent to the brook...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hugemaniac1
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

My family and I had plans to go camping Labor Day weekend but Hurricane Irene left our campground without power and us without plans. So we ventured to Lincoln. The first night we found a nice campground, but after a day at Clark's Trading Post, we wanted a good night's rest before we returned home. At 3:00 on a Saturday, I called to inquire if there were any open rooms for the night.
I spoke to Jamie who was very helpful and took my reservation right then. We showed up just over an hour later, and our room and key cards were ready for us. We were given a map of the property, told where the pools were, and we went to our room.
The room was a standard double bed hotel room, nothing fancy, but clean. Bathroom was large, and I especially liked the dispensers for shampoo rather than the little bottles.
Anyway, on our walk out to the pool, some guests were grilling on the patio. Thought that was pretty neat. The outdoor pool is a good size, and I LOVED that there is a huge wading area which was perfect for our two year old and other toddlers there. The outdoor jacuzzi was perfect temperature and the other guests were very friendly. Many were timeshare guests, so we felt priviledged to be able to reserve at the last minute.
After bribing our son to get out of the pool, we got changed, grabbed a bite to eat at Gordi's (about a mile away), and went back to our room. By the way, the room had a great info guide book about the area.
We were tempted to go down to the indoor pool (pools are open until 10!) But when I went down to check it out, it all looked about 3/4 feet deep and I didn't want my son to be asking for the outdoor pool (it was raining by that point).
The only bummer of our stay was that the indoor jacuzzi was in the process of a huge renovation so it was closed. There were photos in the lobby of the progress and it looks amazing so far.
We did receive the timeshare call and we simply said no and they were very nice.
Checkout was easy and staff was very nice.
Thanks!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank BeantownGal08
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We are justing ending our week long vacation at Pollard Brook. We traded our timeshare in Williamsburg for this one and we are very happy that we choose it. The resort and grounds are beautiful. We stayed in the Jackman Building and had a glorius view of Loon Mountain. Our unit was a two bedroom and also had a murphy bed in the living room. The unit was very spacious and well equipped with everything we needed. The jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Lynne W
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We traded our Oahu timeshare for a week here. We have traded for a lot of other places, but the InnSeason was definitely one of our favorites. The staff is friendly, professional and efficient. The unit was clean and had everything we needed. Housekeeping brought an extra cot immediately. They changed the towels and emptied the trash daily with a mid-week full clean included. A lot of the other resorts have charged for cleaning. The location was fantastic. It's only minutes from the local restaurants and stores. They had activities organized for us and the kids. The pools were never crowded and were kept very clean. They had a washer and dryer in the building. The unit was quiet. The only time I heard my neighbors was when we had the screen door open and they were outside on their balcony. The unit had everything we needed like cooking utensils, iron, hair dryer. I cannot think of anything bad to say. It was all good. We just got home last night and we're already talking about going back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank jkostick
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Booked for 2 nights through the InnSeason Timeshare Explorer package. We were given a 2 bedroom suite and told by the reservation agent that we would not have to attend any special Timeshare presentations. When we arrived, we noticed that the resort is divided into several different buildings. The pool is located in the main building. My husband and I arrived at the hotel around 5pm. When we checked in, I signed in at the front desk and had to initial in a special place that was also HIGHLIGHTED that there were 6 towels in our room and that there would be 6 towels when we checked out. We have stayed in much nicer hotels than this one and have NEVER had to initial that we would be trusted not to steal their towels! This was our first impression of this resort and it struck me as odd. They also require a credit card at check in, so I assume that if towels were missing from a guest’s room, they would just bill the card on file for them. We were also told not to hang wet towels over our balcony railings, which is fine. Whatever. But this “resort” reminded me of a 1980’s condo complex. And where, exactly, are you supposed to hang your wet towels? I couldn’t find any designated spot to hang them in the room, unless we threw the towels over the tub in the bathroom. So after we check in, we are told to go to another table to pick up our parking pass. We approach a table with 2 women sitting at it. One of the women is very enthusiastic and welcomes us to the resort. She then mentions that there is a “welcome reception” at varying times the next day for Timeshare members. She then asks us which time we would like to attend. Since we are only staying there for 1 full day and friends of ours will be driving up to spend the day, we have no desire to attend their special party. We tell her that we are not interested in attending and my husband tells the woman that the reservation agent specifically said that we were not obligated to attend any special events. The woman then says: “Well, you don’t HAVE to attend, but you really should. What time should I sign you up for? How’s about 8:30?” Ummm…. NO! I am planning to actually sleep in on my mini-vacation. When I tell her this she then says: “Well what about 10:30?” We tell her our friends will be coming up to spend the day with us. She wants to know what time they are arriving. I tell her I don’t know. She wants us to find out and get back to her! This conversation was becoming very annoying. After a long day and a 2 plus hour drive up to the mountains, we really just wanted to get our room keys, parking pass and head up to our room. And remember, this is our FIRST IMPRESSION of this hotel! We finally get to leave after promising her we will call her to let her know a time when we could attend their party (aka: Timeshare sales pitch).
So, now onto the room. First thing I should mention. Be aware: There are no elevators! We checked into a room on the 4th floor and did not realize this fact. Thank goodness my husband was with me; if I had been by myself, I would never have managed to lug our heavy suitcase up 3 flights of stairs!!! Also, there were no elevators (that we could find) in the main lobby. So, to get to the pools… you need to walk down 2 flights of stairs. Ours friends who spent the day with us brought their infant son. Every time we left/ came back to the room, it took 2 people to manhandle the baby carriage up 3 flights of stairs and also again up/ down the stairs when we visited the pool. It wasn’t a huge problem for us, but something to be aware of if you are going to be traveling solo with small children.
The room itself was okay. There was a kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher, fridge, coffee maker and utensils. The living room was a good size with 1 loveseat, 2 armchairs, a coffee table, pull down Murphy bed and fireplace. On top of the fireplace sat a miniscule TV. I couldn’t believe how small this thing was!!! One of the bedrooms had 2 twin beds with an adjoining bathroom. There was no TV in this room. The other bedroom had a king sized bed with a private bath. The Jacuzzi tub was in this bathroom. While I never got to try the tub, the water pressure in the shower was amazing. I would stay at this hotel again, just for the water pressure!!! The TV in this bedroom was even smaller that the one in the living room. It was also located on top of the dresser, which was a little lower than the height of our bed. So if you were lying in the bed, you had to stack up the pillows to really see the TV. We had to keep pushing down the comforter because if it stuck up a bit, the view of the TV was blocked. One other complaint about the room: There is NO A/C in the main rooms! When we checked in, it was 100 plus degrees outside. The room was hot and stuffy. There was an electric fan that I found in the closet, so we plugged this in and cranked the A/C in the bedrooms to try and cool the room down. This worked okay, but we were surprised at the lack of air conditioning. I really wanted to go swimming, but as stated above, the pool was in the main building and you have to walk through the lobby to access it. I was in no mood to be harassed yet again about attending the Timeshare party, so we decided to skip the pool. Instead, we headed out into Lincoln for dinner, as there is no place to dine on property.
The next day, our friends arrived in the morning and after spending the morning eating and shopping in Lincoln, we decided to go to the pool. I was under the impression that the 6 room towels that I had initialed for the previous evening were to stay in the room. At most resorts, towels are usually provided at the pool anyway. So we headed down to the pool, where there were no towels to be found. My husband then went to the main desk in the lobby to ask for 2 towels for us. When he inquired about towels, he was asked where were the towels from our room? He answered that they were still in the room. The person at the desk handed him some towels and he was told to return them to the desk when we were done using them, as they were signed out to him. We had a pleasant time at the pool. I was surprised to see some people smoking around the pool area (we were outdoors). I was under the impression that the resort was a non-smoking facility. My friend was not amused by this, as she didn’t want her newborn to breathe in cigarette fumes. Otherwise, we had a fantastic time. I expected the pool to be a bit chilly, but another guest informed us the outdoor pool is heated. It was a perfect temperature. My friend took her baby over to the kiddie wading pool, which is not heated, and it turned out to be too cold for them. So she just brought him into the main pool with her. When we were ready to return to the room, we make sure to stop by the front desk to return our towels. The girl at the desk was really unfriendly. She did not greet us at all and my husband just put the wet towels down on the counter. She gave us a really dirty look and asked us what the towels were. We told her we borrowed them from the desk and they had told us to return them there. She then asked us in a rude manner if we had left anything as collateral for the towels. Ummm…nope. She THEN rudely asked us if we were staying at the resort!!! Omg…are you serious? Do people usually show up at your lobby desk and ask for pool towels and then turn out to not be guests??? Yes, we are staying here. So then she starts snapping on blue rubber gloves and asks us which room we are staying in. We tell her as she picks up the wet towels with her gloved hands and deposits them elsewhere. Maybe that is hotel policy that you need to put on gloves to handle wet towels. But to do so in front of the people that had just used the towels?!?! We seriously felt that she thought we were diseased! Not a positive experience at all! We laughed about it on our way back up to the room. We had been given a card to fill out when we checked in that we were supposed to fill out if we encountered great service from any employee during our stay. Needless to say, we left the card blank when we checked out. This was our first time staying at this resort and it will also be our last. While the room was nice, I did not like the motel style arrangement. I prefer to stay in hotels that feature interior corridors and to not have to travel outside to access the swimming pools. Also the lack of elevators and A/C was a little unexpected. And the obsession with towels at this hotel was just ridiculous. I am not a nitpicky type person. I tend to overlook little things and not let the little things bother me. I have never even written a review before. But I do feel the need to air my opinions on this particular hotel and let people know what to expect before they book here. We go to the White Mountains several times a year and have stayed many times at InnSeasons other property, South Mountain. We much prefer those accommodations over these. Happy Vacationing!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends