“Perfect location and nice resort”

InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Andover, New Jersey
“Perfect location and nice resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

We had two one bedroom condos which were both is very good shape. Well stocked kitchen and newer look and feel to it. Stayed in the upper level building with a great view of the mountain and Loon ski slopes. Great at night to watch the sno-cats groom the slopes for the next day. Had no complaints about the furnishings or the condo in general.

The main building held the indoor pool which was the perfect temperature. Had fun swimming on the day when it snowed closed to 10". Sitting in the outdoor, 15 person hot tub while the snow came down was just as pleasant. Met some very nice people.

There is also a large gym / exercise room which is unusual for most resorts of this size. A sauna completed the deal for me. Nothing better than skiing all day and then taking a nice relaxing sauna to ease the muscles.

The location was almost directly across from Loon mountain and right up the road from some fantastic restaurants. Gypsy Café was the best with Common Man and Flapjack house coming close behind.

Would definitely go back and recommend to any friends. Sammy at the front desk had a great sense of humor and made our initial impression a good one.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MayorMike12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have just returned from a mid week getaway to Inn Season Resort at Pollard Brook. It could not have been a better experience from registration to check out. My boyfriend needed to arrive earlier than the prescribed check in time for a work related online meeting. One of the criteria for selecting a place to stay was Internet access. Not only was it free Internet but it was reliable. The resort was very accommodating in allowing us early check in because our room was ready. We were both able to effortlessly get online and get some pre fun work done in our gorgeous suite.
We selected a two bedroom suite because we invited another couple to join us. The suite was beautiful, tastefully decorated, spacious, with a great layout. Each bedroom had privacy and the walls were well insulated from sound, so we never heard each other or our neighbors.There was a fabulous great room open to the kitchen. The layout was great. The livingroom had a gas fireplace, all the furniture was comfortable, with excellent lighting. Another criteria which was important, was having two bathrooms because of our guests staying with us. Everything was immaculate. The kitchen had everything we could have wanted. We ate out the first night at The Common Man (which I also recommend highly) and cooked a great home cooked dinner in the second night. There were 3 TV's in the suite. Nothing was missing from the wish list.
The master bedroom had a huge comfortable king bed and an in-room whirlpool that I regretfully did not use. There was a covered patio off the livingroom where we could enjoy the snow flurries and magnificent view of Loon Mountain which leads me to the next important criteria for booking this resort. Plenty of towels and hot water.
Loon is literally across the street, so it is a quick drive to ski, or you can opt for the shuttle bus than comes regularly to pick up guests going to the mountain. Turn right out of the resort and you are minutes from shopping and restaurants. I hit the new grocery store in town, Price Choppers, and stocked up on reasonably priced goodies to supplement our stay. Between the more than adequate kitchen and convenience of restaurants and grocery store, we ate well and wanted for nothing.
The resort itself offers many options, even in Winter. There is an indoor lap pool and a dry sauna which I enjoyed. My friend and I also went to the healthclub which had more than ample equipment, and all in good working order. There was an outside hot tub we did not use, but only due to lack of time. The lobby is warm and inviting, staff is very friendly and accommodating. The only problem we had was immediately corrected. Our suite was quite hot even when we turned down the thermostat. A maintenance worked came within minutes and replaced the thermostat. No problem regulating heat after that. I highly recommend this resort. It could not have been a nicer place, a nicer suite or a better location.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeesaJean
Middleboro, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I have been a timeshare owner for years. They totally misrepresented the points system, I can never find a transfer option, and all of their properties are far less than the pictures depict. The place stinks! The staff is less than helpful. This is definitely NOT a premier resort. The location is nice, as it's very close to the ski areas, but that's about the best I can say about it. Avoid at all costs. There are plenty of other condo places on that strip that are far superior to this one.

Room Tip: Stay away from here.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Cheryl G
Wakefield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The location is very convenient; you are in front of Loon mountain, and a short drive from Cannon, Bretton Woods and others. The suite where we stayed was spacious, but several things can easily improve:
- The mattress in the wall bed was very low quality
- The whirlpool in the master bathroom had several jets not working and had seen better times
- It is difficult to understand how they could structure a resort that, I would expect, is popular both in winter and summer to force you to walk outside, and climb/descend external stairs to move around (gym, game room, reception, ...) when it's <0F...
- The game room is pathetic; cramped, old games; you need to pay even for ping pong balls (which are not really ping pong balls, but just white plastic balls) and play with unusable rackets...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rostokko
New Yor,k, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed at Inn Seasons Pollard Brook last week as part of a timeshare exchange through Interval International. Although the resort is clean and comfortable, we were very disappointed that this resort has a "Premier" rating with Interval. In no way, shape, or form does this count as an equal exchange if you are a Marriott owner.

First the pros:
1. Clean and comfortable
2. Extremely close to Loon Mountain and free shuttle to the mountain all day
3. Excellent service from all the staff
4. Supposedly the Jackman Building is very nice and remodeled - we did not get placed there
5. Great pool and outdoor hot-tub
6. Nice gas fireplaces

But the cons:
1. Our first 2 BR unit looked like it literally was decorated in 1985. It was dark, had ugly wallpaper and bad lighting, and the carpets weren't the best. After 3 nights I couldn't take it anymore and asked to be moved. The general manager and staff were very accommodating and actually upgraded us to a better unit with 3 bedrooms. However, despite the remodeled unit which basically had painted walls and better lighting, the unit was still not anywhere near 5 star.
2. Terrible bedding - cheap, scratchy linens and lumpy pillows. Cheap blankets and a comforter like you'd find at the Motel 6. I couldn't believe there was not a down feather in site.

In short, if you are paying the nightly rate and expecting a cozy ski vacation this place is great. But if you are using a timeshare exchange and expecting a Premier resort with luxury finishes and an excellent night's sleep, you will be disappointed!

Room Tip: Jackman Building is apparently the place to stay!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Alarah
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed here, during our trip to Loon mountain with some of my friends. (One of my friends owns a timeshare here). I was very pleased, and enjoyed the stay. It was SO CLOSE to Loon mountain, i couldn't believe it. During our day at loon mountain, being a beginner I was ready to relax, and my friends wanted to keep riding. I was able to drive right back to the resort, in seconds. (I was even informed Pollard Brook has a shuttle, that would have been able to take me back).

The amenities on site were great too. The room had its own kitchen, so we weren't forced to order out. And the hot tubs outside were amazing after a long day on the mountain.

I hope I have the opportunity to go again! I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Crystal D
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed in the Jackman building for 3 nights during our recent ski trip, and had a wonderful experience. The condo was clean and very modern -- gas fireplace, fully-stocked kitchen, jacuzzi tub, huge bathroom, comfortable bed, and nice view of Loon mountain. It's super convenient to Loon and a few other nearby ski resorts such as Cannon and Waterville Valley. Very nice indoor pool that was kept at a comfortable temp, outdoor hot tub that was always full, and a very nice, modern game boom. Terrific resort for families.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family