“Jackman was really nice”

InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We, the wife and I, stayed in the Jackman building at Pollard Brook and have to say it was really nice. We were on the fourth floor and towards the very end. the room was very clean and the staff was very nice. we have stayed at the Inn seasons down the road but prefer Pollard Brook. It was a relaxing stay and we will do it again with friends.

Room Tip: Top floor of Jackman has amazing views and was very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have stayed at this facility many times through the years and have been very satisfied. I have stayed at Liberty Lodge (personal favorite), Streamside & Jackman Brook. The only drawback we ever had previously is the lack of a/c and too many stairs. There is a lack of elevators. The lack of a/c in the summer can be brutal if not sleeping in a bedroom. The pools, hot tops, sauna & fitness room are terrific. The views are spectacular. The small game room is a disappointment but the gentleman who came to fix the pool table explained how 'guests' abuse it. Unfortunately the loft unit we stayed in is in need of major upgrading and a deep cleaning. According to Frazier who told me he was manager of reservations there was not a general manager. (Every department has it's own manager is what he told me). He also informed me that because of the amenties which are great Pollard is a five star resort with three star units. He did compensate us justly when shown pictures of the unit we were in. The young ladies at the desk are extremely pleasant and go out of thier way to be of service. They give a great first impression. This was true of housekeeping (different manager) and maintenance. Jim with a K is a gem. For the price if one is not a time share owner one would expect pristine units. I would advise anyone who is or isn't an owner to ask to see the unit first. If you are not happy with it housekeeping will come and clean it again before you check in. This was not an option for us because we had two young children with us and had already settled in without looking it over. We never really had any issues except for one previous time when the jacuzzi tub had to be recleaned due to mold & dirt. Housekeeping addressed it then with great success. We did have our own cleaning supplies and didn't want to be disturbed. There is and always has been an issure finding housekeeping staff. People don't tip and they are not paid very well so there has been a major turnover for years in the entire area. This visit was a mini family reunion as I have family who relocated to Lincoln back in the 70's. We did have a good time.

Room Tip: Look at your unit beforehand. Be aware you may have to deal with stairs when bringing in your lugga...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed in Streamside building. PROS: wonderful mountain view; our unit close to main building with activities; daily trash pickup; daily towel exchange; pools heated and well maintained; good hot tub; average game room; very nice fitness room; tennis courts, one basketball hoop (a little high); nightly family movie in main building; some off site excursions are offered; Loon mountain only 1 mile away; walking trail adjacent to property; Price Chopper about 2-3 miles. CONS: No AC in living room/kitchen area so it was uncomfortable at times (fan available); no elevators but on hillside, so many rooms at ground level. We loved our week at the end of July and would gladly return.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

First time in InnSeason Resort Pollard Brook. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit that sleeps six. There is a murphy bed in the living room that was great! So much space in this unit! Fully stocked loaded with extra towels everywhere (even in the bedroom..and we didn't ask for extras). Nice working fireplace in the living room. Loads of TV channels. Fully functioning kitchen with complimentary coffee and tea (I don't know why some people complain about no coffee in the lobby when you have it in your room for free?). King sized bed in master bedroom, 2 twins in other bedroom. All neat and clean, as were the 2 bathrooms. Master bath had a jacuzzi (we did not use), it was spacious.
I thought the location was perfect (across from Loon). Close to center with shopping and dining (super close). Great views, nice quiet location. Trails nearby for hiking.
I wasn't staying here to use the pool as I wanted to hike and see falls and trails, so I won't rate based on activities. I like going to NH to see the sites and trails and mountains, not to sit at the pool. It did look clean and the outdoor one was 83 degrees. The gym was good, my daughter trained there at night, 1 machine did not work but the rest did (as did the TVs). My son enjoyed the rec room.

Overall, we had a great stay, I will definitely stay here again when I come to Lincoln. Lincoln is a great location with lots of trails, falls and rivers. Kancamagus Highway has lots of great vistas and viewing spots and trails. You'll love it!

I'm not going to review the hotel based on unruly guests like other posters..I guess timing is everything, but if there are drunk guests, I don't think you should rate a hotel for that. I guess we got lucky.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

As I entered the lobby I was reminded of a Disney hotel I stayed in once...the check-in was smooth and informative. Our 2 level loft apartment was very spacious and clean. The mountain views are spectacular.

We could have easily stayed there for 2 weeks as the place has a relaxed atmosphere...the pool is warmed just right and the hot tub is very "hot"! You can hire DVDs and watch their choice of movie in the lobby each night...they're even supply free popcorn. Didn't get time to go to the games room during our stay.

On the last nigh I sat on the on veranda and watched night storm lightening go round the Mountain, against a lovely starlit night sky...what a memory!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank machinmad
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Just returned from our vacation to New Hampshire. Left two days early due to lack of good weather, overpriced outings and lack of charm. The resort itself shows definite wear and tear and could use a real make over. Our assigned room was a 1 bedroom with tired carpeting and smelled of smoke even though it was supposedly a non-smoking room,had a decent kitchen, and a bathroom that had signs of mold in the corners of the tub. To me and my family, it was a real disappointment since we traded in our place in Cabo San Lucas to stay somewhere within driving distance from us. What a big mistake! The place could be suited for people who are okay with average to sub-par standards but for us, it was NOT ideal. The pools do not have many lounge chairs and the kiddie pool had some paint peeling on the bottom of it. The pools stunk of chlorine which I understand kills germs but it also leaves pools murky and cloudy. Their maitenance dpt. needs to learn how to balance the chemicals. Also, when we asked if we could change our room, we were told that there were no extra rooms on the entire compound. If you are heading to NH to be in touch with nature and hike the trails then the room may not be that important to you. For my family, pools and lounge areas by the pool are essential in order to occupy the kids during the day. Also, come prepared with all of your groceries and drinks. There are no restaurants or little stores on site to buy anything. It would have been nice to order a drink by the pool but this is not that kind of place.This "resort" just did not fit our needs and lacked the basic accomoodations we are accustomed to. Too overpriced in the summer for what you get!

Room Tip: All rooms only have AC units in the bedrooms. The more bedrooms you have, the cooler your whole unit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christi H
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at this resort at the end of June. We had a room on the fourth floor with a great view. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. We had a one bedroom unit. The bedroom was a very nice size, as was the living area. The kitchen was well stocked with plates, glasses and cookware. I love the idea of the murphy bed rather than a pull out sofabed. The mattress was much better than most sofabeds and you don't lose the seating of the sofa when you need to open the bed. They had daily housekeeping service for towel exchange and garbage removal. And mid-week they change the sheets too. Most timeshare units you need to take out your own garbage and don't get fresh towels every day. We asked for extra towels and they were brought up right away. Housekeeping was excellent. Any time we called for something they were there promptly to deliver it. The wifi in the room worked intermittently. We had trouble keeping the connection on our mobile devices. It was better near the outdoor pool.
The resort itself was nice. I'm sure it's great in the winter as it's right near Loon Mountain. The pool area was well maintained. The indoor pool was very highly chlorinated and it was difficult to breathe in the room. Not sure if it's always like that. Fortunately we had nice weather and were able to use the outdoor pool. There's a small game room with ping pong, pool table, air hockey and some video games. My son even won a set of ibeats earbuds for his ipod in one of the video games!
My only negative was that there weren't many activities scheduled. I feel that this is advertised as a resort, and there should be more organized activities. The activities director could have used a little more energy too. We were looking to spend time at the resort and were hoping for more things to do. There are things to do in the area, but some were very expensive and we didn't want to be outside the resort for all activities.
Overall I would recommend this resort.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family