“arrive hungry, leave happy!”
Review of Sunny Day Diner

Sunny Day Diner
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 26 August 2013

my young son loves to go there to sit in the booth near the hummingbird feeder! It's just outside of the window and in summer you can have breakfast and watch the hummingbirds!...very cool! I like it as the food is good, love banana bread french toast, and the service is always spot on! It can get a bit crowded so go a bit early if you can.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My family of 4 ate here on a Saturday. Just beat the crowd but there is seating outside. Very classic and clean. Typical diner setting and CASH ONLY. Service was good. Blueberry pancakes were overstuffed with local blueberries. Omelet was good and a nice helping of cheese inside. Need to order home fries separate which is unusual. The banana bread French toast was excellent. May want to order the maple butter sauce on the side as I did (oops, that didn't work) since it is quite sweet.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for breakfast the last time we were in Lincoln-Woodstock, because Longhorn Palace (which is just down the road, and our usual breakfast stop) was temporarily closed for some reason. This place was very busy (it was Father's Day weekend), but the staff still gave good, quick service. The breakfast was good as well. This place is very small. On my way to the restroom, I noticed that they also have a small outdoor seating area on the side of the diner (I think maybe two tables). My boyfriend and I sat at the bar, which was just about as comfortable as most diner bars. I personally don't care for diner barstools - I find most of them to be very uncomfortable. Other than that it was a good experience.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We arrived at the Sunny Day Diner early on a Sunday morning to beat the rush. Luckily it was not busy (there are about 8 booths and 17 seats at the counter). The staff was very nice and the inside of the diner was cool 1950's. I had french toast, sausage and hash browns (all excellent) and my husband had scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, and hash browns. He said it was "okay - eggs not cooked enough, but okay". Overall, a good place for breakfast if you are in the area (it's practically next door to Clark's Trading Post).

Reviewed 3 August 2013

There aren't many opportunities to step back into the 1950s, but the Sunny Day Diner offers it with its 1958 silver diner. Even the tables are original with pieces of the original pink coloring peeking through which is to be expected after over 50 years of elbows and plates rubbing it. I am glad they did not replace the tables. This place was a gleaming silver and pink palace. Now to the food...the food was standard diner fare. Not much to write home about, but not bad either. It was tasty and priced right. My husband ordered the reuben and as a reuben aficionado, declared it was good even though the Phantom Gourmet had really liked it. His issue was they used thin-sliced corned beef from a package instead of slicing it from a chunk of corned beef. He said the sauerkraut, sauce and Swiss cheese were tasty. I had a tuna melt and found it met my standards of being tasty. If you want diner food in a great setting (if you're into the silver diners), make this a stop on your trip.