“I gained 8 lbs”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Breakfast and Lunch are fantastic. The Breakfast food blew me away. You have to visit this "Phantom Gourmet" diner.

1  Thank maureen s

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is our second time for breakfast at the SUNNY DAY DINER in woodstock, nh. We both had the spinach and fea omelet and some banana bread french toast with a big glass of OJ. The diner was comfy and cozy, and the waitresses were as nice as pie. Very inexpensive, and that breakfast set us on the right track for the rest of the day. On to the Kancamagus !!

1  Thank john r
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We called in for lunch and thought the food was great. The omelette and the pancakes were delicious. Teenage son enjoyed his hotdog, fries and chocolate milk. Staff were friendly and helpful, plus the diner was clean. The cost was on a par with what we've paid in other places in the area. We will be calling in again.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I usually have breakfast at the Woodstock Inn Clement Room in North Woodstock, NH after we check out of our timeshare at the Village of Loon Mountain. The Woodstock Inn has changed a bit and I opted to try out a old fashioned diner just up the street (almost to the Clark's Trading Post). I had to have some car repairs done on an emergency basis the previous Wednesday and I happened to overhear the owner of the repair shop tell someone else that the diner (one door away from the shop) had "good food but a little pricey". So the curiosity factor kicked in and we went to breakfast there. My wife had a large grapefruit juice and ordered eggs over-easy hash browns and ham with pumpernickle - rye toast. I had a cheddar western omelet also with hashbrowns and with wheat toast. Both of us had coffee. I like Splenda in my coffee but there wasn't any on the table. It was delivered almost immediately after I asked. The two waitresses that waited on us made sure we had a full cup of coffee (until we told them we were "all set"). The service was quick, courteous and friendly. The staff and other patrons (many regulars) were all in good spirits and smiling. The diner did remind me of the diners of old. Some of the patrons were on motorcycles, some were just old timers. The food was good and delivered promptly. My wife's reservation about going to a diner is that it reminded her of a "greasy spoon place". The food was not at all greasy. I did not feel rushed and enjoyed looking around at some of the throwback nostalgia. There was a thermometer clearly visible outside on a post outside which read 92 degrees even though the temperature was in the high 60's. They hung a bird feeder outside the window which was frequented by a good half dozen birds while we were there. Total meal including tax and 20+% tip came to $31.50. Not bad for a resort area, but as the auto repair manager said "good food but a little pricey". They open at 7 AM for breakfast and serve breakfast until they close at 2 PM. They serve lunch from 10:30 AM until 2 PM closing. No dinner.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Fantastic food--the banana bread french toast is yummy. The eggs benedict was amazing. Prices are very reasonable for a resort area and the waitstaff is super friendly.