“just the thing”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Raymond, New Hampshire
“just the thing”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My hubby and I have been going to the Profile for the last 4 years....perfect weekend get-away. The campfires add just the right touch.....nothing like it.
Such friendly people. Lots to do in the area; or not....we sometimes don't go anywhere else; except for meals.

1 Thank lunardee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
Petawawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband & I have stayed at this motel, along with fellow motorcyclists from our area in the Ottawa Valley for several years. We all keep returning for the same reasons. It is by far the cleanest place we have stayed in, and Jim does everything he can to make our stay happy. Location is great, great breakfast right across the road, close to gas and restaurants, and minutes to Lincoln and Woodstock. .We are booked in for next year

Room Tip: Great rates, super clean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carol C
Connecticut
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Profile Motel & Cottages in Lincoln, New Hampshire and must say that we are so glad that we chose it. Normally we hesitate staying in unfamiliar motels, but based on other reviews we decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed. Upon our arrival we found Jim, the owner, to be very friendly and welcoming. We had booked a room in the motel and were surprised at how large it was and how clean both the room and the bathroom were. The accommodations were very comfortable. The grounds were also impeccably maintained and there were plenty of amenities including a large heated pool, fire pit, horseshoes, etc. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to the area.

Add Friend
Gary Ziznewski
Network Administrator at The Baupost Group, LLC

1 Thank mom231016
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our first time staying here, and we were pleasantly surprised by how clean and well-maintained our room was - and the excellent level of service provided by the owners. This will be our go-to place to stay for future trips to the White Mountains!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm a traveling nurse and have stayed here twice. The owner is absolutely wonderful, friendly, and accommodating. Staying here has made my travel experience wonderful. He took the time to listen to my needs as a travel nurse and contained the noise level to a minimum. I never had to worry about working night shift and needing to sleep during the day. The rooms were so clean! And the housekeeping staff took the time to ask me if there was anything I needed. Worked around my schedule. Can't say enough to praise this place!

Room Tip: The cottages and the rooms up front are equally nice and clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pamsplace7
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a fantastic find, and we are certainly planning to return. There are other motels along this road, but I can't imagine wanting to stay elsewhere. The owner is extremely nice and helpful (he had great recommendations for some post-hiking pizza!). The room and bathroom was very, very clean, the beds were comfortable, the water pressure was good (with no shortage of hot water), and the grounds were lovely. Behind the motel is a big, green field with cabins set up on the perimeter. There are barbeque stations and at night, Jim often gets a campfire going. The location is unbeatable. Mt. Lafayette trailhead is just a few miles away, there are many shorter hikes within a mile or two of the motel, and the rest of the Whites are within easy reach.
The prices are very reasonable; I can't believe we found such a pleasant, clean place to stay within our price range. We felt lucky as soon as we walked into our room.
Jim was nice enough to let me bring my dog up during the last weekend of the off-season. Dogs understandably are not allowed during the busy season, but I'll definitely be back to stay at Profile for my off-season hiking, and for any trips I make up to the area without my dog. Highly, highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hstcou
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Profile Motel several times a year - all seasons - and have been extremely pleased since Jim and Lisa bought the place. They are so sweet, and so helpful. The Profile is the only place my husband and I will stay at in the White Mountains because of the cleanliness, and friendly hospitality! We have stayed in the cabins, various rooms in the motel, as well as rented both houses for extended stays with friends and family. We never had any issues and it's like visiting family when we go to the Profile!

Thank you for all you do, Jim and Lisa!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple