“Definitely would recommend!”

Mt Liberty Lodging
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
“Definitely would recommend!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This was a great family place to stay. Close to everything and they go above and beyond to accommodate you. We wanted to grill, they supplied us with charcoal and even the utensils and the grill itself. It being on the river- fabulous for the kids, and the pool was lovely. The rooms were clean and nice. Will be going back in the fall.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have traveled from coast to coast & stayed at many different types of places. I was traveling the east coast. Due to a tropical storm coming up the coast, I decided to head towards NH to get away from it. I happened upon Mt. Liberty Motel & Cabins. When I checked in the owner was very friendly & gave me a decent price for a motel room. Being as my daughter had spotted the cabins, I asked & was happy to hear that one of the larger ones was available. The owner walked us down to it so we could check it out to decide. We are currently in a cabin. Being a woman traveling with a 12 year old daughter & 10 year old granddaughter, I ended up in a situation that no one would ever hope to be in. I checked in on Friday night; renting the cabin for 2 nights. By Saturday morning, I realize that my arthritis had kicked in so bad that I could not move my shoulder or use my hands. Being unable to do anything or drive, it was a bit unnerving being so far from home. As it turns out, there was no reason for concern being as I am at the Mt. Liberty Motel & Cabins!

The owner goes around early every morning, putting up the flag, picking up anything that may need picked up & just checking on everything. When he saw me on the screened porch & realized I was having problems, he offered any help he could be to me. The owner checked on us throughout the day, offering any help we needed. We feel very welcomed & safe here.

Being as my hands were so bad, there was no way I could drive so we spent the whole day here at the cabin & down by the beautiful river, that you can hear & see from the cabin. The kids have even found this place peaceful & relaxing and really like the owner. The cabin we are in has everything we need, especially since we haven't been able to go any place: full size fridge, microwave, toaster, some dishes, coffee maker, there are two bedrooms - 1 bed in one, two beds in another, there is a TV in one bedroom, in the wall heater in the kitchen & bathroom, shower stall, screened in porch that has several chairs & a table, & a grill right outside of the porch. They do ask that you wash your dishes before leaving (& really why shouldn't you?) & that you place certain things in the recycling bin in the kitchen. If you find you need something, ask in the office. For example: we needed a cookie sheet & they gladly handed us one to use.

They try to have a campfire for everyone on Saturday night, weather permitting. The owner even let the girls roast hotdogs & marshmallows. Nice setup - fire pit with chairs & a glider rocker seat, right next to a cute pond. There is a beautiful river, with large flat rocks, right beside most of the cabins & some of the motel rooms. You can hear the calming sound throughout the property. There is a screened in gazebo & small swing set on the property. They have a swimming pool, but remember where you are, the weather may delay opening it. The whole property seems clean, safe, & peaceful. The WiFi works great. Owner is very helpful on local information. You are around the corner (behind & across the river) from Clark's Trading Post.

With all that being said, I guess I should say if you are looking for fancy or luxury, this is not the place for you. This is a mom & pop older roadside place. The cabin does not have fancy or modern furniture; our cabin has no tub, it has a shower stall. I think that all adds to it's charm! It has the old time roadside cabin feel; but clean! So, if you want luxury go ahead & pay a crazy amount to stay at some resort. As for myself & the girls, we will be thrilled to stay at the comfortable, relaxing, welcoming Mt. Liberty Motel & Cabins. In fact, we have decided we will be staying an extra night. The girls are not even in a hurry to leave. I am very happy & thankful to have found such a place with a caring owner. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mommato8
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed for two nights at this clean, well kept motel in Lincoln NH. Not on a main drag and nestled near the Pemewagasset River, the quiet setting left little to be desired, especially for the price. We met one of the establishments owners, Paul, who was pleasant, and took care of us very well. We'll look forward to taking a return trip in the fall for the next se tion of our backpacking trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Worcester, MA
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The stay for us in cabin #7 was delightful and tranquil.Very clean and cozy.Sitting in the breezway with the sparkling sparkling water rushing over the big gorgeous rocks just outside,and listening to its hypnotic flow made or stay so wonderfully relaxing I did not want to leave. Its better than a valume. We cant wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed in cabin #4. It's right on the river, it literally flows right by the back porch. Very basic cabin, nothing too fancy but very clean and cozy. It has a small kitchenette, being able to cook your own dinner was a nice change from a hotel room. Nice and helpful owner. Would love to come back and stay a bit longer!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne J
Carson, California
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We chose this location on our visit to see the fall foliage in the White Mountains. The location is scenic with the river behind the rooms. Our room was a motel unit, it was very small but adequate for 2 adults. However, the bed was too soft and in a small separate room with no nightstand or table. The other room had a table, chair, lamp, tv, etc. The fridge and microwave were in the closet, so we only had half the closet to hang clothes. The blinds needed cleaning, a curtain was torn, and there were cobwebs on the ceiling. The bath was quite small. Based on other reviews, perhaps a cabin or larger motel room would have been better. The check-in was quick, efficient and friendly. We think this would be a good location for families in the summer when the pool is open. It is 2 miles to Lincoln where we found an excellent restaurant, Gordi's Fish & Steak House. Mt. Liberty is not luxury, however it is affordable, just don't expect much.

Room Tip: Try a cabin or ask for one of the larger motel rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeniorTraveler65575
Crescent City, Florida
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed here the night of Oct. 3 2012 in unit one. The room was minimal but clean and the bed very comfortable. We were only stopping over for the night and got in late with no problems. Just let them know if you are arriving late and they will take care of you. It was not a room that you would want if you are planning on spending a lot of time indoors but for a stop over or a vacation where you will be out a lot (and in that area why would you not be) it is perfect and a good value. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. My only suggestion would be for them to add a small night stand or table next to the bed. I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Room one was great for out purpose because we were only staying the night. For longer stays I would...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple