“Great location! Clean! Wonderful owners!”
Review of Mt Liberty Lodging

Mt Liberty Lodging
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My friend and I stayed at Mt. Liberty Lodging motel. It was very quiet and clean. The motel room was very small, but the space was so well arranged that it felt cozy. I would definitely stay here again. It was cool enough that we didn't need the air-conditioner. The river was just behind the cabins. It was gorgeous. When I go back, I plan to hang out on the river relaxing on the big rocks! The owners are really nice! I got the history of the place, and lots of "local" tidbits for places to eat and walk. Next time I'd like to try a cabin. The screened in porches off the back of the cabins are right on the river. It is a great location. Clark's Trading Post is just down the street and Loon Mountain is a very short drive. Restaurants and stores and hiking, mountains, water falls and the Kangamangus Highway are all very close. The property is just outside of the business so that it was quiet and peaceful. The owners were outside throughout the day cleaning the pool. Everything was really clean!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 August 2014

we return year after year the folks running this place are great to us.we love the peace and quiet here and the pool is our favourite place to be.the only thing we would change is an early swim time :) . maybe paul and carolyn will try this out for us next year.we will be back and have recommended this place to lots of people.kelly cleans our room and she is great too,very happy place to be.

Room Tip: we like the motel best away from the river because we like quiet and people go behind the lower end...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 29ratatude
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at Mt. Liberty Lodging for a family reunion. I rented a cabin for two nights. The cabin I rented was just right for a single person. It had a comfortable double bed, a microwave, hot plate (double burner), coffee maker, dishes and utensils and a small refrigerator. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed having my morning coffee out on the front porch, which was screened in. There is a river that runs directly behind the cabins and it was very soothing to listen to at night as I fell asleep. Some cabins have small porches in the back that over look the river.
The couple that own the place were very friendly and most helpful as were the cleaning staff.
I met the cleaning lady on my way up the driveway as she was entering a neighboring cabin and she stopped to ask how everything was. I asked her if I could have another pillow for my cabin and she immediately went to get one. It was on my bed when I returned. The owner stopped by my cabin a couple times, as I was sitting on the porch, enjoying the quietness, to ask how everything was.
The location is perfect for families, Clark's Trading Post is 8/10 of a mile down the road and Loon Mountain is only a few miles away. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from if you do not want to cook at your cabin (Every cabin has a charcoal grill at their disposal). The price is right and they have many cabins as well as hotel rooms to choose from. They also have a small play structure and an in-ground pool.
I would recommend this for anyone looking to travel in the White Mountain area. It is clean, affordable and the owners and staff provide excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I have been going to this place since our honeymoon 37 years ago. It's only been improved upon. The grounds are well maintained and you have the luxury of swimming in the pool or the river. It's close to a lot of attractions. The cabin was very clean. Our host Paul and Carolyn were most attentive to our needs.

Room Tip: any place you would stay at would be great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goofy4420
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Made the drive from a two-day stay in NYC to this place, and boy, what a change in scenery and pace it was! Had booked one of the bigger motel rooms right beside the river, and the river was one of the highlights of our stay. The kids and us spent a couple of hours every day at the river doing simple things like wading in the river, collecting pebbles, bouncing pebbles, making small talk with the guys who were fishing, etc.

The room itself was pretty basic but adequate, the room and the rest of the property were clean, and there's an undeniable charm to the place. Paul, the new owner, was very friendly and helpful. He suggested a breakfast place called Longhorn's for some great blueberry pancakes. Also very convenient was the 24-hour grocery store in Lincoln, just 2 miles away.

Would have been happier with a slightly bigger shower stall, but how long do you stay in there anyway?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ZimplyZuperb
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed in both one of their motel rooms and a cabin right on the river. The riverside cabins were a big hit. The river actually ran right under our porch! So peaceful to sleep with the windows open to the sounds of the river rushing by. This place is very clean, but is not fancy and the decor is very dated. Not a problem for us as it simply added to the charm of the surroundings. We had a few minor problems in our hotel room that the owner himself happily rectified in no time at all. The owners are very responsive to the needs of all of their guests and really do go out of their way to keep everyone happy. You really don't see service like this too much anymore. Highly recommend this place and it is so very close to attractions yet tucked away in a very quiet place.

Room Tip: cabin on the river
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My parents started taking me here when I was a baby and now I take my children here. We love Mt. Liberty! It changed owners a couple years ago but the new owners are just as nice and have been doing very well maintaining and updating the place. My kids love coming here and I love it cause it brings back so many memories and we just keep making more.

• Stayed: July 2014