“Comfortable, middle class resort”

The Village Of Loon Mountain
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We have been timeshare owners here for a number of year. It is in a great location with Loon across the street and viewable from many rooms. I would classify it as a comfortable, middle class resort. Not too fancy but not too shabby either. The indoor pools/hot tubs as well as the outdoor tub with a view of Loon are nice. And being able to buy discounted Loon ski tickets and taking the free shuttle are nice additions as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank theebdk

Reviewed 17 December 2011

We went during off season as an RCI exchange,during the beginning of November. Our unit was a 2bd with loft, so plenty of room for sleeping 6 without a sleeper sofa. My kids loved the loft. The unit was somewhat dated, but had everything necessary and was clean. No AC, but plenty of fans in room. There was a couple of pools and hot tub open. We were told that the ammenities belong to a CC but allow the resort to use it. Most attractions were closed b/c we were in between two seasons. Still plenty to do though during off season. Many scenic trips, Franconia & Man on the Mountain, Flume Gorge, Kancamangus Hwy, North Conway etc. A must see is Bob's Classic Cars and Kancamangus Collectables. We were surprised that behind the big doors of the store is a big car museum. The young man in the store also spent a great deal explaining the history of coins to my son. We ate at Brittany's Cafe twice. Very good and great specials. Also went to Elvios and The Common Man. Elvios was very reasonable and again, check out the specials - clown on wed. and kids pay their weight(a penny a pound). Common Man was a little pricy, more upscale, but great atmosphere for adults, kids are welcome there. Overall, great vacation. I don't think you can get any closer to Loon Mtn. for skiing than across the street.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn58
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Resort
We arrived early and asked for a mountain view. The front desk told us to come back around check in time for a better chance of a view. We went back and got what was promised. It was not a full mountain view but if you look at the pictures, still an amazing view. We were pleasantly surprised with this resort. We didn’t know what to expect and were scared of added fees, but the front staff explained everything.

Actual room
Pros ..clean, big, cozy, HD tv, fireplace, balcony and had all the amenities in the kitchen. Just make sure you bring condiments. Comfy bed, great shower pressure, and plenty of towels.

Cons: The main lobby was not connected to our building so we had to walk in the cold to and from the pools. However, in the future we will use their lockers which I believe is only a quarter and bring a change of clothes. They had showers there as well. If you want more towels in your room you have to actually drop off the used ones and get new ones on site.
Pools: They had indoor 2 large pools, 2 jacuzzis(1 was closed) and an outside Jacuzzi plus a sauna. Let me tell you the outside Jacuzzi was AMAZING! It is close to the inside door so the walk to the Jacuzzi is short and the water was the perfect temperature and even though it was snowing and cold, we were so warm and cozy. This was my favorite part of the resort.
We also had an issue with the heat not working properly but we called the front desk and maintenance came right out and fixed the problem.

Food:
Breakfast at Flapjacks was amazing, if you go during the fall their pumpkin pancakes were so fluffy and delicious and their syrup is from a nearby tree, very yummy. Plus the staff there was so nice and friendly. Dinner at Common man was very delicious but I was expecting better service from all the reviews I read. We sat down and waited a few before someone coming to our table, than we ordered wine and the waiter forgot and only remembered after he had come to our table to ask what we wanted, than he remembered we ordered wine. Than, he handed us a specials list which is fine but I noticed another waitress actually reading them off to the customers and explaining it. We were just handed the list. Food took awhile to come which I don’t mind as long as the waiter is attentive but sadly he was not. Thank goodness the food was yummy but he didn’t come to our table until we were almost done to ask us about our food. Plus, not once did he ask us for refills on our wine or water. Put it this way, two tabIes next to us finished, paid, and we still sat there waiting for our bill. He just ignored us and we had to find him to get the bill. I was very disappointed but the food is amazing and I hope others do not have the same experience we did. We just felt ignored and it was my birthday so it made it a very gloomy night with that type of service.

Resort Activities:
At hotel: Arcades, air hockey, foosball, 2 pool tables. Lots of Tennis courts, a basketball court and a playground.

Surrounding area:
We went off season so we drove up the Kancamangus highway and stopped at lookout points for some photos. We than stopped at Sabadday waterfall which is only .3 of a mile in and it is so pretty to see. It’s not huge, but very pretty and they had some benches along the way if you want to sit. Massage: You have to get a massage at the mountain club hotel, they have a spa place there. I got a massage by April and she was amazing. She knew all my spots that I needed. My husband had Dotty and he said she was also excellent. What’s great is after your massage you can take your time and use their indoor pool, outdoor Jacuzzi; in the locker room you can use the indoor Jacuzzi, steam room, and spa. They do not rush you and it’s all day. So for example, if you got it early in the day and wish to leave and come back later you could use their facilities. It’s an all day pass basically. =)

Overall we would go back there again but next time during peak season so we can do some of the things there before they close.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank smileysinger55
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The resort is in a great location for touring Vermont and New Hampshire. The condo was clean and the kitchen was fine for meal prep. The town of Lincoln is very close by car. It's not new or fancy but a great base. All the roads are open. It's right on the senic Kancamungus Highway. We didn't use any of the amenities but they were there as written about.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjmphoenix
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Although it's not the best looking resort, it's certainly a good pick, with 4 choices of hot tubs and pools, two arcades, twelve tennis courts, at least one playground, and a fitness room, there's a good amount to do at the hotel itself, but on top of that the Village of Loon Mountain has a zipline and a gondola skyride, bringing you to the top of Loon Mountain, where there's a lookout tower, glacial caves, an artisan shop, and a cafe. I thoroughly enjoyed the gondola, and looking out from the balcony, listening to the rush of the river and breathing the crisp mountain air was quite peaceful.
When we went a pipe had broken due to hurricane Irene, meaning we had to boil our water before even washing hands with it, and the bridge to the gondola and zipline was snapped in half, meaning it took much longer to get there, but those inconveniences are only temporary. It's generally a relaxing place, although it's be hard to have anything in that setting not be peaceful and relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in building 8, it faces the mountains, overlooking the tennis courts, as picture belo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ScoopofSunshine
Reviewed 31 August 2011

On a short trip to the White Mountains, my family and I wanted a location that would be central to the sites we planned on visiting. We wanted a location with a kitchen so we could prepare our own meals. We chose Village of Loon Mountain condos for the location, amenities and the room rate. The condo was very clean, stocked with necessary equipment and supplies. The one bedroom was spacious enough for the five of us staying in the unit. The bed in the bedroom was very comfortable however the pull-out bed in the living area is as you would expect from a pull out. We all agreed we would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Unless you have children, I would recommend avoiding the units near the play ground.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank corgipooh
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Our first room was very old although we were told it was recently updated. The biggest problem was the smell! We could not even stay there we had to move to another room. The next townhouse we moved to, smelled very good and was much better than the first one in regard to updates. I guess my only major concern with this place is the amenities. BOTH outdoor pools were so cold my kids couldn't even go in them. They are NOT heated at all. It was mid 80's and the pools were freezing. The hot tub outside was very large and they were happy with that. However, the indoor pools just looked too dirty and rundown. The indoor hottub had peeled paint and looked like a place to soak your feet it was so small. If you are going to relax and enjoy the amenities this would NOT be the place to go. There are many nice places in this area that have better amenities such as Deer Park Resort, Inn Seasons South Mountain, Mountain Club on Loon etc. I will not be going back here unless they had a huge special on price and I had no need for the amenities. Oh and the twin beds in the loft sank in the middle so their night sleep was not good at all. The pillows on my king bed were so bad I couldn't sleep. They were so lumpy it was unreal. I mean how much are pillows - really????

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family