“I love this place!!!”

Village Of Loon Mountain
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I love this place, because the staffs are excellent! Check in area, the Spa, management and restaurant staffs. My family and I love to go there every time we are planning to go to New Hampshire. The staff already know my family and I. Everyone there are very courteous not only with us, but with other customers that come and stay. The place is very clean and well taking care of. I have to say that I am happy with everyone, however, there is always one person that impresses you and so every time I go there we always look for my favorite staff member her name is Andrea Bankosky, she is such an amazing person, friendly and caring towards me and my family. Andrea gave us a listing with places to go see in New Hampshire and she was always making sure that we were well taking care of. I love going there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Claudia M
There are newer reviews for Village Of Loon Mountain

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The resort itself was very convenient to the "goings on" of Lincoln and conveniently for a lot of natural beauty. I was most favorably impressed with Ashley at the front desk who was incredibly accommodating. I had inadvertently booked a room with a single king size bed for my mother and me. Bless Ashley, she transferred us to an outbuilding with no AC (not needed while we were there), but an efficiency with two bedrooms, two separate sink areas and a nice bath at no extra charge.

The room was nice quality and very comfortable. Price comparison-wise, it was a sensational $$ for the area. I'm glad we had booked two days.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is my third annual review of The Village of Loon Mountain. First the good stuff: The Air conditioning is great if you need it (we slept with windows open to enjoy the sound of the river and the night air which was very comfortable). The new kitchen cabinets and counter tops were great (unit 312) and attractive. The pool was not crowded. The VOL provided a free modem to get internet service (it was on again off again frequently...not the best service). Wi-Fi is on the way. Carpets were clean and beds comfortable. Staff was polite and helpful. The front desk responded to a few maintenance problems and contacted maintenance who promptly showed up (on a Sunday). The maintenance man was polite and helpful.

The slips: A few light bulbs were out which we reported. A hanger bar in the downstairs closet kept falling because a screw pulled through the plastic end cap. The venetian blinds on kitchen window were tricky to operate (the cord was not in one piece). Missing and noticed by the well mannered maintenance man was the valence over the blinds. Seems someone must have had a problem and took it upon themselves to fix the problem. A couple of the over counter fluorescent lights decided to not go on when the switch was first flipped. Try again and they went on. Same with one of the florescent bulbs in the upstairs bedroom. I did a quick count of the glasses/silverware/dishware and only found one glass missing. I got a replacement with no problem from housekeeping on a towel exchange. I had to do a quick tightening job on the handles to the pans one of which couldn't be tightened all the way. A few of our neighbors were a bit noisy after 11 PM. Also, New Hampshire has decided to allow fireworks and someone (not from the Village of Loon) was shooting fireworks off at about 11:30 PM on a Saturday night). Nothing the Village could do about the fireworks.

Now is someone leaving a partial bottle of Captain Morgan rum behind a good thing (the rum was good) or a bad thing (housekeeping SHOULD have found it before me)? I was a bit reluctant to give the rum a try but my wife and her cousin opened the bottle up and added it to their soft drinks. They also left a tiny bottle of olive oil purchased from the local supermarket next to the run.

By the way, towel exchanges are daily except Saturday so if you dirty a few extra towels feel free to drop by housekeeping in the basement of lodge 5.

My feeling is that the Village of Loon Timeshare members board is doing and outstanding job in improving basics, planning for and implementing improvements (they need to get going on Wi-Fi).

Based on the lack of Wi-Fi and the number of small slips I have dropped my rating from Excellent to very good. Still a fine place to visit.

Room Tip: Arrive early (3 PM) and ask for a room facing the river to enjoy the sound of river running. Avoid...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank c2h5oh_1
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotels is not worth the money. Go elsewhere ! The rooms are outdated, and decorated in the 70's still. my room had 3 fans and no air conditioning. I left and booked a room across the street. Still have not been credited for my stay. I have disputed with the hotel, and my next steps are with the attorney generals office

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have driven by the sign for the Village at Loon many times while driving down the Kancamagus Highway. We decided to stay here when we took our whole gang to the New England Brewfest. Great place to stay for a long weekend. The condos were roomy and comfortable. The pools and other amenities were great. We had a very nice and time recommend this resort to families exploring the Lincoln side of the White Mountains.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Disneygirl858
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Second year here. Was upgraded this year from a 2br unit in the lodge to a 2br/loft townhouse unit. The place was immaculate. Not only was it within 20 minutes drive of three other ski areas, but while skiing Loon, the bus picked us up in front of our doorway and drove us to the front of the lodge! No parking, no carrying ski gear, fantastic. Will continue to stay here while in the White Mountains.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed just one night in 2br/loft. Unit was in building 4, which I was told the more updated units, and by that I assume sometime back in the 80's. Nice fireplace, however the noisy, too short time on the timer was annoying, but can see why you would want a fail safe to keep the fires off when no one is in the unit. Nice to have a kitchen if staying longer, and the unit was clean and the beds were pretty comfy (ie. no springs popping out, etc). Walls are thin and the heater was obnoxious noisy/squeaky while sleeping. Can not believe there is no wifi in these units, especially for the price! Steps up to top floor where unit was were a little daunting, especially with ice/snow on them, and not sure someone elderly with a heart condition should be hiking up them. Did not see an elevator, but maybe somewhere?

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family