“Great escape location in late fall or early spring”

The Village Of Loon Mountain, a VRI resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I haven't been skiing for decades but have been to this resort several times in the past ten years or so. I have stayed in the larger lodges, in rental units on the mountainside, and in the resort condos. My three recent stays have been in the first-floor one-bedroom lodge units. As a writer with a busy life, I try to set aside time for a personal retreat to work on my projects. This has been perfect for me (I get it through timeshare points, although I have also rented in the past.) There is plenty of space for me to spread out my extensive research. The full kitchen allows me to prepare real food and I can always eat in one of the restaurants in nearby Lincoln, NH. The Loon Mt. ski area is across the road and there is an in-season shuttle. A narrow but private and covered deck/balcony goes with each unit. There are a lot of tennis courts, game room, and so forth, but my favorite is always a swim in the indoor pools and a dip in the hot tub. There are 2 indoor hot tubs, and when they were closed for a day for cleaning, I braved the outdoor hot tub, which is especially fun when it's snowing. A warning: the kitchen cabinets are very high so I took a step stool with me. I requested a non-skid bathmat from Housekeeping and got it quickly.

Room Tip: I think all of the units in the lodge area have mountain views, and there is no road noise. Any of t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank meanjunn

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great spot great location. The pool was nice and the set up was easy. Close to town. Hiking trails were close and many to choose from. Front desk was helpful. Rooms were clean and exactly what was described to us when booked.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank snowfamof5
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Clean and spacious and quite serviceable but our particular room just a little dark for our liking. Separate room with sofa. chair, dining table and chairs, coffee table and additional TV as well as small kitchen. Wonderful view and colours from the balcony though the fact we visited in the fall might just have helped! Checked in was simple and quick. The staff were very helpful. About a mile out of Lincoln on the Kancangamus highway we drove the 'loop' including Jackson easily in a day. This is a great location for visiting the area. If this is not now a minimum of 200 characters I think I'll give up as I tend to write more readable information in simple phrases using less words than having to complete a thesis on a subject.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank norfolkanway
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We began our trip on the Kancamagus Scenic Byway from Conway and ended in Lincoln. This is the direction I recommend to the best lighting. It was an amazing experience (with the exception of all the bathrooms being locked due to our Government being shutdown). We ended our experience by taking the gondola ride up the mountain to view the colors from there. What an amazing experience for an affordable charge. We had some hot chocolate to take off the chill, then spent as much time as we wanted exploring & taking pictures. Highly recommend including this as a part of your New England experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ttbrama
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We spent a week at the Village of Loon Mountain in late September. We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit. Check in was a breeze as the resort was vacated for the N.H. Highland games the afternoon we checked in. Everyone we encountered throughout the week at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating. Yes it is a hassle that there is no computer available to print out boarding passes, etc., but the young lady at the front desk took my Southwest reservation # and printed out my boarding passes in a matter of minutes. They are in the process of making wi-fi available in the units and putting a computer work station in for guests so this area will improve. The resort itself is older, but the facilities were great. Our condo was clean and comfortable. King size bed, 2 large flat screen t.v.'s with plenty of channel options, large bathroom area, full-size kitchen, fireplace, and small balcony. Housekeeping and maintenance were visible throughout the week and accessible when needed. The recreational facilities were great. Plenty of tennis courts, a basketball court, playground, both indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, sauna, workout room, and game room. Though the pool area is operated independently from the resort, we had no issues whatsoever and the workers were friendly and helpful as well. This is a beautiful area of the White Mountains of New Hamphire. The town of Lincoln had everything we needed throughout our stay and our drives along the Kancamangus Highway and throughout the White Mountains were outstanding. Our stay was peaceful, relaxing, and invigorating. We would return to stay here again without hesitation or reservation!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank parforthecourse
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were there for a wedding. Ceremony took place at top of Mountain. They did an excellent job assisting older guests .views all around were great. food was very good. rooms were good - clean and quiet

Room Tip: both sides of hotel great views -
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The first night the smoke alarm was set off by boiling water. Nothing could be cooked. Upon trying to fix it by temporarily removing a battery, it came loose from the wires, and I placed it on the table. At the end of my stay, 7 days later, it still had not been fixed, even though it was reported to be non functional immediately.

The maid left our front door wide open for who knows how many hours. We came back at 4 o'clock and found it open. Luckily nothing was found missing.

There is no internet connections in the rooms. One has to go to a room which is far from the buildings, and the lobby, to connect. It is only open from 9 am to 8 pm daily.

The buildings have balconies, but we were busted the first night for smoking outside on the balconies. A security man came and informed us that there had been complaints - within 15 minutes of the first cigarette. There was no designated smoking area in this cold weather place. Just stand in the parking lot.

There is no way to print boarding passes or other necessary documents. I was told that I could go to the library, or if I emailed them maybe they could print them out. I emailed them 3 times over an hour, each time my computer said they were sent, but they insisted they never received them. When I tried to show them my sent mail on my computer, the Assistant Manager, Alana, was very rude. Although I had been trying for an hour, she made me sit and wait for anyone who came in rather than checking the computers.

The units are adequate: that is the only reason I gave it 2 stars. Also the White Mountains are beautiful in October,JUST STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple