My sister and I brought my 5 year old son up to Lincoln for some holiday fun. We got tickets to the Polar Express out of Lincoln so Indian Head was very convenient. We booked a standard room with 2 full beds. We arrived on friday afternoon at 3pm and were able to check in an hour early. They had a lot of christmas decorations in the lobby, including a huge (like 6 feet tall) gingerbread house. When i had booked online i had written a request to be given a room as close to the pool as possible. it was a bit commical when the room we were given was the very last room, furthest from the pool. We were able to park right in front of our first floor room. My first impression of the room was good. It was really big, and had a nice large balcony overlooking the pond. The room had a flat screen TV and refridgerator. The bathroom was nice, with a separate area for the sink/dressing area. The room wasn't anything fancy, but it was fairly updated and clean which was more than I could say about our last stay in the cottages. the beds were comfy, and the stay was quiet. We really enjoyed our stay at IHR. The outdoor pool and hot tub in December was a hit. It was fun to be soaking in the hot tub at night when it was only 10 degrees outside. The indoor pool was fine also. my son liked the game room. My only complaint about the hotel was we stayed until Monday morning but the maid didn't clean our room Sunday. I think there may have been some confusion about our checkout.
As nice as the hotel was, the restaurant was bad. We did the meal plan for one day only (dinner and breakfast) since we were planning to be there Friday night anyways. it opens at 5:00pm and we got there at that time. There were several other families already seated who needed to make a 6:30 polar express ride. We noticed that everything was soooo slow. All of the families around us had to leave before dessert in order to make their train. Really there is no reason that dinner should take over an hour. The staff seem a little less than quality. i asked the hostess if they would be having a breakfast buffet the following day and she had no clue. She asked the kitchn and they didn't know either. really?! With the meal plan you get an appitizer, meal, dessert, and a soda. I wouldn't have expected much but they had all of these signs and ads saying they are award winning, thei chef is top notch etc. Well, maybe he didn't work that weekend because the food is pretty bad. I ordered buffalo fingers for my app. They were those pressed nuggets dredged in hot sauce. My meal arrived. Chicken parm! It looked good, although small. If I had paid the $16 they charge for it i would be kinda irked. i took a few bites and it was really good. Then...i took a bit from the middle and it was raw!! Like, pink really raw. The manager was super nice about it and offered a replacement. i ordered a turkey dinner to go. i munched on that later in the room...it was less than good. The breakfast buffet was just average...typical scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels, bacon, waffles, pancakes etc. no complaints but no real props either. Long story short...avoid dinner. If they claim to be award winning culinary experts then they really need to step it up.
I would definately stay at the hotel again...but eat dinner at a restaurant down in N. Woodstock Center with a school theme.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New Hampshire's White Mountains at the entrance to Franconia Notch State Park and Scenic Byway. 100 Open Year Round Resort Units and 50 Seasonal Cottages. Profile Dining room voted "Best Restaurant" in 2010 & 2011 Best of Chefs competition. All lodging features scenic views and 50" HDTV with over 60 HD channels. Heated Outdoor Pool and Hot Spa open all winter. Paddle boating and Stocked Trout Fishing in our private Shadow Lake. One of the area's largest Gift Shops features Old Man of the Mountain items, NH souvenirs, Native American craft work, toys, jewelry and more. Close to area attractions, tax free outlet shopping and thousands of miles of outdoor adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Indian Head Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Head Hotel Lincoln
- Indian Head Motel
- Indian Head Resort Lincoln, New Hampshire - White Mountains