I recently stayed at Indian Head for a week with family and friends. After hearing many great things about this property and seeing the pictures online we decided to book a bungalow, which is said to sleep 6-8 comfortably. We were greeted by a very friendly woman at the front desk who allowed us to check in early, but she made it a point to let us know that if we decide not to stay the whole time, we would be responsible to pay for our entire stay. I now know why she said that..Upon arriving at our bungalow, I was alittle disappointed at the outside, all run down and covered with spider webs. Once walking inside, I was speechless and wanted to cry. The inside was gross, mold on the ceilings and in the bathroom, bathroom floor had a slope to it, as did the beds and there was a very strong odor throughout. We were advised when booking that the bungalows were "rustic" but this was disgusting. Inside looked absolutely nothing like the pictures posted online and if actual pictures were posted online we would have never stayed here. Nevermind the fact that there is no way 6 of us would have been comfortable in there. Upon calling the front desk to see if anything nicer was available before we packed up and left, we were advised there was only one other unit available that would fit us all that we could take but it was going to cost us alot more than we had already shelled out for this vacation. We were able to see the other unit before agreeing to it and it was much nicer, although not worth all the extra money but at that point we really had no option as we would be paying for something regardless of whether we stayed there or not. We had to call at 9pm for towels, toilet paper and trash removal as housekeeping left it on the lawn all day and we did not want animals gettings into it..the maintenance man came right out and was very nice about it. The chlorine was very overwhelming at the indoor pool and was burning our eyes so much we had to get out. The kids really enjoyed the bingo and ice cream social as well as the fishing. Overall, the people were very nice and helpful with our request to change rooms but the property was very dated and run down and for the amount of money we paid, I dont feel it was worth it. Our next vacation to NH will not be at Indian Head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New Hampshire's White Mountains at the entrance to Franconia Notch State Park and Scenic Byway. 100 Open Year Round Resort Units and 50 Seasonal Cottages. Profile Dining room voted "Best Restaurant" in 2010 & 2011 Best of Chefs competition. All lodging features scenic views and 50" HDTV with over 60 HD channels. Heated Outdoor Pool and Hot Spa open all winter. Paddle boating and Stocked Trout Fishing in our private Shadow Lake. One of the area's largest Gift Shops features Old Man of the Mountain items, NH souvenirs, Native American craft work, toys, jewelry and more. Close to area attractions, tax free outlet shopping and thousands of miles of outdoor adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Indian Head Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Head Hotel Lincoln
- Indian Head Motel
- Indian Head Resort Lincoln, New Hampshire - White Mountains