“Heading North” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indian Head Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Indian Head Resort
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Deltona, Florida
“Heading North”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I were heading north , it was getting dark ,so we pulled in and got a room. The staff was kind and friendly,the rate was within range, so we stayed. They put us in the building across the street. That should have been a hint. It was under repair, with plenty of room to park. One other person was on the other side, not counting the working crews. I did not mind that (crews working) but the room was something else. It just met the Average rating , clean, but in need of repair and updat(s). The paint was old and cracked., the windows were covered with an unknown film, there was a smell, not that bad, had to be addressed,it was. I think the bedding was in this room for 15 plus years,very soft and saggy. I don't know if they updated this resort, but they must to keep business. I would find another place to stay. Hope they have these problems corrected. (Our stay was in june 2012).....

Room Tip: It appears there is traffic in the area,but mainly during the day. If youcan stay in the main buildi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oda5432000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My fiancee and I were looking for a place in this area to have our wedding, so we decided to stay at Indian Head and explore places around to figure it out. We absolutely loved our stay. Indian Head is surrounded by such natural beauty, that even on a day with gross rainy weather, we were still enchanted with the views. We have since stayed there again, and both times our meals were wonderful and our rooms clean. I appreciated how big the bathroom counter was, so I could spread all my soaps and hair stuff out while not crowding my poor fiancee.

There are some great little stores nearby, including an awesome and ecclectic used bookstore in the same plaza as the 24 hour Price Chopper. The pools looked clean and I really enjoyed the arcade, although some of the machines were out of order. The gift shop is adorable and carries extra stuff like Tylenol. I really love Indian Head and I think we found our go-to weekend getaway for our new family!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GeckoGirl1025
Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Nice accommodation, good value for money and tremendous scenery. Must have been the dates of our visit (early June) but not many attractions open, and those that were open, closed early and were not that happy to receive customers! Not the IHR problem of course, but if you want to stay in the hotel and use the pool etc that's fine.... otherwise check out what else is open.

I was overcharged my deposit by the hotel and although it did get sorted out, it took a few emails back and forth to do so. Again, I am sure this is just a blip and it did not detract from our stay. I would certainly go back here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Newmarket, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

OLD!!!!!!
Room was in poor condition, security latch was hanging from the door casing. There was a very old burn in the carpet from someone ironing on the floor.
You can do much better in this area for less $
The staff were very nice though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karl S
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

First off, let's start off with some of the positives of IHR. If you are looking for very scenic views and some quiet away from everything, this is your place. Several hiking trails and state parks are nearby and many restaurants are just a few miles down US 3.
I came here for my friends' wedding, so I was able to see several different room styles. The room styles vary greatly, along with the quality and cleanliness, although many had a bit of a old smell to them. Billboards on the road boast of their 'new 50-inch plasma tvs in every room', but there was very few and limited HD choices- most are SD channels which leads to some bluriness.
I had a room on the second floor of the hotel and I started to get a negative feel noting that there are several LARGE cracks on the retaining wall near my room (part of the crack was covered with clear packing tape). My room had a musty smell to it, but I resolved that by myself by opening the windows. Other rooms I also noted that smell too, In addition, some rooms had very dirty carpets (one room has burnt on iron marks in multiple locations, others had mystery stains. Air conditioner was iffy, blew some cold air but usually not for long.
Even though it is in this quiet New Hampshire town, I still feel that I want a room with some security. Be sure to triple check your doors are fully closed since the outside door handles get stuck. I told management of that issue and they told me that they will oil it. Still had that issue, told the housekeeper and she told me how to fix it (reinsert key and turn handle).
If you do have sensitive skin, consider bringing your own towels since the towels in the room and especially their pool towels are rough on the skin.
The stairs down to the second floor are falling apart in certain parts (steps sag) and all the railings are questionable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank CityD1217
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I just got back from a great weekend at Indian Head Resort. My friend's and I attend every year. The entire staff was great great food. At night we enjoyed the band. All employee's went above and beyond to make our stay great.Thank You all

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank paulboat
Derry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Have been going every year since 1994 with the Stargazers. Always a great time and the staff is always accommodating. Enjoy the entertainment in the lounge also. Food has always been good but this year it wasn't to my liking. But would have no problem spending another weekend there and eating there. I would definitely suggest this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends