“Old-time Kitschy Mountain Resort”
Review of Indian Head Resort

Indian Head Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Generally this is an old-timey resort, not unlike those I've been to in the Pocono mountains of PA. Very Dirty Dancing ... well, the family part of the movie. Some laid-back activiites for kids, a kitschy decor, an old-fashioned tourist shop including memorabilia of lure about one of the nations' first reported alien abductions, I kid you not. Oh, I didn't realize it was going to be so very close to the Flume Gorge, 30 minutes from Bretton Woods where we ziplined, and 5 or so minutes from downtown Lincoln.

Our room was just fine, beds comfortable, and the balcony overlooking the lake was roomy. The heat lamp in the bathroom saved us. We came in from hiking in a pouring rainstorm, and between the blow dryer and putting sneakers on the shelf/hooks right below the lamp, shoes were only a little damp by morning.

14 year old son enjoyed ice cream, karaoke, and the company of other kids his age, including a personable teenage employee who reached out to include him. And we felt comfortable letting him have the freedom.

Climbed the observation tower, it's just one of those things you have to do, and the little bit of money you pay to go up probably helps to maintain this landmark. If your health prevents this, the views of indian head are just as good from the ground.

We took a pleasant paddle boat ride on the very small lake, the safety vests were a bit musty, so a better airing out system might be nice. Wide-spaced hooks on the fence?

Can't comment on the food, we ate in Lincoln on our way to activities.

Laundry. Two washers, one out of order. Two dryers which didn't seem to do the job very well. Find a laundry in town instead.

The inside jacuzzi was nice, but my eyes burned, that;s never happened before. We went to the outside jacuzzi, but the pH needed to be adjusted so we wern't allowed to stay. Both inside and outside pools were really very nice, and warm. Towels provided.

Room Tip: Accessibility - I think our room was supposed to be accessible, but I'm not sure how. It had a r...
There are newer reviews for Indian Head Resort

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I chose to stay at Indian Head after seeing all the beautiful scenic views on there website. It honestly looked like a very relaxing place to stay and enjoy the beautiful views the New Hampshire mountains offered. Once my boyfriend and I arrive we were very ecstatic the location of the resort was stunning. Unfortunately our vacation came to an abrupt end. Our first night stay we went to the lounge to grab dinner from the late night menu. I simply asked one of the waiters how we could place an order. He stated to sit at the bar and a waiter would come serve us. After waiting for 45 mins we finally approached a waitress and ordered our food and went back to our room to wait for the food. We waited so long my boyfriend almost fell asleep. We manage to eat some chicken tenders and fries and went to sleep. The next morning we woke up to grab breakfast and we got food poisoned. We ordered the hungry man meal.The meal just made my boyfriend and I so sick. We were forced to leave early. I will say the service and food were horrible. It's being honest. It wasn't to it's highest quality. I will like to thank Jennifer ,one of the managers, for refunding our money and truly being understanding of our situation. Unfortunately I will never return.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank JanillM
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and not a bit longer! The staff is great, but the cabins leave much to be desired! The ceiling looked like it was about ready to fall down in the living room area, the roofs of the cabins looked like they were about ready to give way. I do really enjoy this resort, as far as the swimming pools and location, but it is in desperate need of some work! The game rooms was a mess and dirty with more than half the games not working. Had dinner one evening at the hotel, which I was looking forward to because last time I had such a great meal...not this time! My oldest couldn't even eat the mozzarella bites because they were gross! Really disappointed this time!

Room Tip: Don't rent a cabin! Go for the room, maybe you'll have better luck!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I really wasn't that impressed with the staff.Very little information was given at check in. We arrived at 4pm after a long day at Clark's Trading Post.We went to check in just to be told our room won't be ready for another 20 minutes. Check out time is 11am go figure !!!!! The grounds are very enjoyable along with the heated pool. Chances are I wouldn't go back.....

Room Tip: One with a baloney.I liked the view from 3rd room 305 ......
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Indian Head Resort is located close to paradise for couples and families. It is central to the White Mountains for hiking, the Flume Gorge, Whale's Tail water park -- you name it, there's fun for everyone in the family. The resort is quite competitively priced and offers heavily discounted meals for adults and kids. There is a pond with pedal boats, game room, and both outdoor and indoor pools. It's a down-home place where staff are extremely friendly. The biggest surprise is the restaurant. A new chef has refurbished the menu with daily specials and beautifully prepared standards. Our waiter, Brennan, offered a level of service that is found only in truly fine restaurants. He was at once warm and professional. He made our dining experience a joy. The Spano family runs Indian Head and is to be congratulated for maintaining and improving a fine facility.

Room Tip: Motel rooms are quieter. Bungalows are a blast from the past -- but not for those who are fussy abo...
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I am 36 years old and have been vacationing in the Whites my whole life. I was very excited to finally stay at Indian Head. We stayed friday night and I was really disappointed with our experience. The room was dated and smelled like smoke. When I put the ac on it gave off a terrible odor that smelled like a locker room. You could see that the filter hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The door frame was not completely secured to the wall and anybody could have pushed the door in even when locked. The balcony had railing were made of flimsy plastic and had enough give that when pushed hard enough I'm sure you could have knocked it over. Scary seeing we were on the 3rd story and we have 3 young children. The tower that I drove by my whole life was in rough shape. I walked to the top with my son and the floor boards and stairs were weathered and not maintained. A scary thought, this would be one thing you would think the owners would be on top of. The game room had no air conditioning and was hot and uncomfortable. I noticed several rats down by the paddle boat house moving about in broad daylight. We were warned by others staying there not to eat in the restaurant and against my better judgement we regretfully ate dinner there. The waitress was unbelievably slow and couldn't even get our drink order straight. I watched the waitress pour the last quarter inch of burned coffee into my mother's cup. You could smell how burned it was. My Mother and I both ordered the smothered grilled chicken sandwich. Easy enough right? Mine was burnt to a crisp and hers was RAW, pink in the middle. It was absolutely disgusting. When we told the waitress she removed one from the bill. The whole meal was inedible. We just paid the bill and left. Later that night after the kids were asleep I decided to try and watch a little tv. The remote was held together with scotch tape and was not functioning. I called the front desk and the woman answered laughing. (Rude). She told me maintenance would bring a new remote right up. They never showed up. At that point I decided to just go to sleep and get far away from this place in the morning... People travel from far and wide to visit the Whites. Indian Head has been here as long as I can remember. I think it is far past it's hayday and it is dated and falling apart. I really wanted to say great things about it but I can't. I believe it is a tourist trip for sure.. Sorry Indian Head, my first experience will be my last. There are far better places around for that price . (190.00 for a smelly room for one night). The restaurant experience was the worst meal/service I have had anywhere in years... How it won "best restaurant" 4 years in a row blows my mind... I wish I had a better experience but it was terrible.. Don't get fooled, avoid this place.

Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank mjjf77
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a room in the building at the other side of the road ( not the side with the lakeview). :-(

Room was outdated (except for a new 50 inch tv), but the beds and shower were fine and that are the most important aspects travelling around.

• Stayed: July 2014