“great experience....again”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, United States
“great experience....again”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had another great stay at IHR. Wanted a get away where I could have a drink on the porch of a cozy cabin and enjoy an easy to maintain gas fireplace. Was able to do both though it was a little warm for the fireplace. Enjoyed excellent meals at profile dinning room and had a well crafted drink at the Thunderbird lounge. Also took advantage of the hot tub and outdoor heated pool. Completed our stay the next morning by going on the paddle boats and soaking up sun on the pond. Will be back and hopefully sooner than later. They also have very nice hotel rooms, several houses, and bungalows.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family and I stay at Indian Head Resort for a couple of times a year for the past several years. There are many attractions in the area that allow your family to have fun and have an enjoyable stay. The resort itself is very family oriented and has many amenities. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the room itself is modern and clean.The resort also has an indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. The restaurant has a varied menu with a top of the line chef. I especially like my stay during the fall. The foliage is absolutely stunning and cannot be beat. Overall my stay at the Indian Head Resort is always a good time and I have had many great memories from staying there.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are quieter.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited IH for a family reunion. Half of us stayed in the hotel, half in the cabins. I stayed in the hotel and my room was spacious and comfortable. Not fancy, but clean. Each room had a small fridge, hair dryer, iron, microwave and coffee pot. My only complaint is the wifi is so inconsistent. There is no wifi in the cabins, and most of the time did not work in the hotel.
We also purchased the meal plan which is a good idea for a large party. It's $30 pp, per day, not including any alcohol. The food was not good at all the first night and the service was painfully slow. There was a wedding going on that night as well so I imagine they were a bit short staffed. The second night the food and service was much better. If you are just a couple visiting the IH, I don't think you would find the meal plan cost effective.
Overall we found IH to be an average place, good for families. I will say the setting is quite beautiful.

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel for a more comfortable experience.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have stayed at IHR many times in the past. This last time, 08/12-08/16, was as enjoyable as any. Food was good, room clean. No issues with getting housekeeping to clean the room everyday. All the staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was good. They succeeded in this.
I had one issue with dinner the last night we were there. The meal as not exactly as advertised. I was able to speak with the manager for the evening and I feel my comments were heard.
All in all one of the best stays we've had at IHR. See you next year!

Room Tip: Go to the top floor.
Norfolk
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Okay location but don't plan on this being restful. Facilities are tired, dated and you hear every noise. The service is okay but hard to overcome the in ability to get a restful nights sleep. You can get to a lot of interesting other locations

• Stayed August 2014
Lakeville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have visited Lincoln several times since I was a child but this was our first time at this resort. It was alright. The room was clean but needed some updates, there isn't a way to get to the indoor pool without walking outside (which wasn't great on the day it was pouring.) but overall it was fine. One surprise was that when we came back at 3:30 one day our room hadn't been cleaned and I think we would have been skipped if I hadn't talked to our housekeeper. I did expect more for the price but again, it turned out to be okay.

Bronx, NY United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I love coming to the Indian Head for our anniversary. Nestled in the picturesque White Mountains of New Hampshire, the Indian Head Resort is a welcome retreat. What attracts us to this spot most of all, besides the natural beauty such as The Flume, Lonesome Lake, The Lower and Upper Falls, etc. is the friendly staff at Indian Head. Starting our day in the dining room for breakfast, we are greeted with smiles and enthusiasm. The staff is helpful, offering tips and suggestions about things to do, and the next day they are excited to hear about our adventures. It feels like we are visiting long lost family. After a long day of hiking and exploring we enjoy time in the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. If you've never been to the Indian Head, you should give it a try!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple