We just came back from a nice long weekend at Loon. We found the Mountain Club to be nice and comfortable and our over all experience was good with some small disappointments: The staff was friendly and polite though not so much informative as I would expect. The Hotel was suppose to be after a big renovation though I must say it does not show, the only really new thing that I saw was the counter top in the Kitchen in our room. The freezer in our room did not work, a service person came quickly and fixed that but it was too late for the meet that we brought and had to throw. The water in the showers were too cold in all hours of the day and out of the two available elevators, only one worked at any given time. I would like to hope that the renovation is only just starting.
But beyond these irritating things it is a very nice hotel. If you like skiing and you appreciate being on slope, this seems to be the only such hotel, other on slopes accommodations looks like time shares and privates. The Hotel also has an inside heated pool, which is a must for my kids, also there is a spa, fitness and racquet court (if you are interested).
If you have not been to Loon before keep in mind that the Ski resort has two 'centers' where the Ski rentals and Ski schools are on one center and the Hotel is on the other. The two centers are divided by a big parking lot (~10m walk) and there is a free steam train that takes you from center to center.
The Hotel has one evening restaurant (Black Diamond) which is not too expensive but also not very good.
If being on slope is not a must you may want to consider one of the hotels surrounding Loon, across and along the river. There seems to be a shuttle that runs continuously between these other hotels and the ski site
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vacationer's paradise, the beauty, hospitality and convenience of The Mountain Club on Loon is unrivaled. Nestled at the base of New Hampshire's most popular ski resort, The Mountain Club on Loon offers a delightful array of amenities and activities on-site or within a very short walk. Here you will find a luxurious spa and health club, two delightful dining options, and refreshing pool and hot tub. There's also a covered parking garage available so there's no need to worry about your vehicle during your vacation. While staying at The Mountain Club on Loon, awe-inspiring views will make your everyday world a distant memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain Club On Loon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Club On Loon Hotel Lincoln
- Mountain Hotel On Loon
- Mountain Hotel Lincoln
- Mountain Club Loon
- Mountain Club On Loon Lincoln, New Hampshire - White Mountains