“Best Wedding, EVER!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Best Wedding, EVER!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I couldn't have chosen a better spot to get married. The Mt. Club on the Loon has the best location, ever!! Having my guests go up the summit of Mt. Loon in a gondola for the ceremony was beyond amazing. Even though my wedding was small [35 guests], the staff at Mt Club on Loon payed so much attention to my special day. I'm so glad I had my wedding here, it couldn't have been anymore perfect!

Food was to die for!!!! Even the picky eaters went up to the buffet a second time. Many of the guests came up three times! Thanks to the chef who adjusted the pasta primavera to my likings. It was very kind and very appreciated! Again, the food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

Kelsi and Rob, you guys rock!!!! You guys went out of your way to help us feel more comfortable. Rob, man, you're too cool for words! The little boy you gave the special drink to, was super excited about that drink! That made his night. Thanks for the lovely set up for breakfast, too! You two need a raise!

Emily, thanks for responding to all of my emails, answering all of my questions, telling me it's going to be okay when I was panicking and for adjusting the small and big details I wanted changed. I'm so grateful you had my room changed when it wasn't ready just so that I can change into my wedding gown. You were my hero!!!

Lisa, thank you, thank you, thank you for upgrading us into the Hancock room. What can I say? That room was the one I fell in love with when Juan and I went in there for our orientation. I wasn't really liking the Kingsman Room and it made me jump up and down with a large smile in my face when you told me that I can have the Hancock room...no charge!!! Ahhh!!!! I went crazy with joy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Kevin? Ouuhhhh...I forgot his name...I'm so sorry. Our waiter for our rehearsal dinner was an unbelievably nice man! Dealing with an unexpected party of 16 for dinner while attending other tables was not easy, but you sure made it seem like it was a piece of cake. You had a smile on the whole night and you were patient. We all left with a food satisfaction and a smile on our face. Your people skills are awesome! Stay great!

To the entire staff at the Mt. Club on Loon, you were so nice to us. Everyone had a smiled and everyone was friendly. Maybe it's a New Hampshire thing (I sure as hell haven't seen a lot of smiles and friendliness in Boston), I'm not sure. But, thank you!

My husband and I will be returning as guests soon because the hotel is absolutely inviting! Thanks again!

Cheers,
One happy bride

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for being our guests at The Mountain Club on Loon. We greatly appreciate your positive review and thoughtful comments. Your service team is grateful as we hope that you will return again someday soon. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club on Loon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Boston
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked a quick, last minute getaway at another "resort" in the area only to find out they screwed up our reservation (only 1 bed and not the 2 we had booked). Best thing that could have happened! After driving by the other "resort" we would not have been happy. Got a great rate for 2 nights, including free breakfast which was excellent! Our studio had a small balcony with a fantastic view, everything was spotless and the Murphy beds very comfy!! Staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We will definitely return!!

1 Thank vacagirl8
Thank you for allowing us to serve you at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are thankful for your positive comments in your review and hope you will think of us next time you decide to travel to The White Mountains of New Hampshire. Sincerely, The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.
washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Birthday get away with my daughters. Been going to Loon for many years, always returning because our visits have always been wonderful! Many activities, rooms are clean and all the comforts we need. Love having everything right there, restaurant, pools, SPA ( now let me tell you I have NEVER had a facial/massage like the one I had this time. Leah gave us all( myself and my two daughters amazing treatments!!!) we look forward to going back, soon I hope!) So to say the least I highly recommend a visit to the spa and THANK YOU Andrea for setting us up for the spa day! I started taking my girls here in their younger years(early teens) now in their twenties love returning to Loon! Staff was great, many thanks to the kitchen staff that made our , birthday breakfast to our room(a surprise gift from our guys back home) so special!! We have friends close by that always take time to show us one more special thing about Loon and the area around there, Thank You Donna and Jack!!! There you have it for anyone that loves the mountains this place is worth putting on your list!

Room Tip: I like the mountain side view when choosing a room. Make appointment with Leah for it may be the bes...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. We very much appreciate all the positive comments in your review regarding our Spa & Wellness Center as well as our Culinary Team. Everyone here remains delighted over how much your family appreciated all the special surprises. Please continue spreading the great words as we look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Loon. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club Team.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Great 4 nights for price of 3 deal mid summer- less than $150/night incl breakfast & endless lift ticket. The breakfast buffet was average in size but featured good quality meat, fruit, coffee, & service. Omelet station on the wknd. Next door pub was comfortable w/ plenty of TV's & leather seats. Couldn't brag on the burger I had just after arriving, but looked like a great place to hangout après ski.

Room was just over avg size & modernized w/ king bed, flatscreen, & balcony. Definitely agree w/ asking for down slope side room, w/ view of mtn stream & clear views up the sides of the adjacent peaks. Even better, w/ the door to the balcony open & the AC's off, the musical sound of the stream made a wonderful soporific.

Inside the fitness club/spa were a large indoor pool, sauna, & separate indoor whirlpools in each dressing room, for when the weather is just too cold to be out on the outdoor deck, nicely situated in the angle of the lodge, w/ views up both slopes & down the valley. While the pool was a touch chill, I did spend plenty of time in the hot tub & lounging in the warm NH sun.

There was an "Adventure Center" on the entrance road for kids to try zip lining, bungee bouncing, rock wall climbing, etc. While I skipped this opportunity, I would rec using your lift ticket at least once to express to the top of Loon Mtn. A decent cafe awaits you at the summit, as does a 3-story wooden tower, elevating your eyes above the tree line & across the central White Mtns toward Mt. Washington, the tallest peak east of the MS River & bane to mountaineers everywhere. Beautiful place to relax for a few days w/ wonderful people taking care of you.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. Your review is greatly appreciated, especially all the great details of all there is to do at Loon during the summer season. We are so pleased that everyone enjoyed there visit as our only wish is that you will think of us next time you decide to visit the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. Sincerely and gratefully yours, The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.
Athol, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We spent a few days here with other relatives. Although we didn't have any childrfen with us, we quickly noticed the abundance of family-friendly activities for kids to do. From the very tall climbing walls, to the trampoline harness, to swimming to bounce house, to the zip line, there was a variety of adventure activities.
Our suite was clean and comfortable enabling us to completely enjoy the time we spent there.

Room Tip: request a river view for the best scenery
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and all that is offered as our guests. Thank you for the positive review as we hope you will think of us again when you decide to visit The White Mountains of New Hampshire. Be well and be safe, Sincerely The Mountain Club Hospitality Team
Hingham
Reviewed 24 August 2013

For the past few years we have vacationed at The Mountain Club on Loon in Lincoln, NH. We have always had a wonderful experience. The hotel staff go out of their way to help you, especially Jeff Ryan. Anytime we request anything from housekeeping he always shows up at our door promptly and with a smile and is eager to offer any other assistance. It is greatly appreciated!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. Also, thank you for such a positive review and your kind words regarding one of our best Team Members. You are very kind. Your business is greatly appreciated as hope you will continue your patronage to The Mountain Club on Loon. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club Hospitality Team.
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at Loon, but the first time with my 2 young kids. I couldn't have been happier with the whole stay. We booked a "suite" which is really 2 rooms (a standard hotel room and a studio with full kitchen). It had a balcony looking out to the mountains. The rate included unlimited gondola rides, which turned out to be a huge hit with the kids. The weather was beautiful (which certainly helped), but I had no idea all of the cool stuff they have at the top of the mountain. They have an extensive set of glacier caves, a mountain top cafe (with beers), a playground, and an artists village. They even had a treasure map for the kids to run around and try to find all of the clues and get a gold coin if you do.

The accommodations were great. The room(s) were clean and somewhat modern. The indoor and outdoor pools were great (they even included noodles for the kids). We also loved the hot tub and breakfast buffet.

This is certainly not the cheapest accommodations, however you get what you pay for. Well worth it. We'll be back!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are so pleased that you have enjoyed all your visits with us! Our great staff deserve all the credit as they truly care for our guests. Reviews such as yours allows us to feel confident of our ongoing dedication to service is the correct direction. Thank you as we hope you will think of us next time you wish to vacate. Be well Sincerely The Mountain Club Hospitality Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Village Of Loon Mountain
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook

Been to Mountain Club On Loon? Share your experiences!