“Misleading Customer Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Burlington, Vermont
“Misleading Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We bought a voucher on Travel Zoo for a two night stay for our wedding anniversary. Prior to purchasing the voucher, we contacted the resort to inquire about their amenities. We were told there would be unlimited free gondola rides and a complementary continental breakfast each day of our stay. When we arrived, we were told the gondola ride costs $16 per person per ride, and was not included in the price of the resort. In addition, their continental breakfast was not free. This is the first establishment we have ever stayed at who charged for a complimentary continental breakfast. Customer Service did not seem to care that we were given misleading information.

Prior to purchasing the voucher through Travel Zoo, we were debating between Mountain Club On Loon and another resort which was discounted for the same price. The other resort offered one free gondola ride per person per day and continental breakfast every morning. Since both resorts seemed comparable, we choose the Mountain Club On Loon. Had customer service not misled us, we would have chosen the other resort.

We will not be staying at this resort again; solely based on the misleading information we were provided. The resort is definitely not worth the full-price (no amenities included; unless the pool is considered an amenity, but you have to pay a mandatory resort fee whether you use the pool or not). The discounted price would be worth the stay, had the items we were promised had been included.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Vt1238
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon in The White Mountains of New Hampshire. It was our honor and pleasure to serve you. We remain very concerned with your comments and expectations regarding your stay with us. As you know there are many types of packages that are offered by all hotels. Many of our packages include breakfast and gondola rides. We have reviewed the Travel Zoo voucher that you purchased through Travel Zoo and your voucher does not include either breakfast or gondola rides. We also reviewed our phone conversations in our reservation's department, during your phone inquiries our packages were explained to you and what each package included. You did not make a reservation with us, therefore you never purchased a package that included the items that you expected. You did receive what was included in your Travel Zoo Voucher. We are very sorry about the confusion. We are also very sorry that you departed without being 100% satisfied. If we can assist you in anyway, please contact me directly. Sincerely yours, Jeff McIver, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Jamestown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I am a condo unit owner at the Mountain Club and have been an owner for 21yrs. The Viaggio Spa is the crown jewel of this fabulous resort. Beautifully redone and great attention from Andrea at the Spa. She is very polite and knowledgeable. It is definitely a place to refresh and relax.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank summer729
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments regarding our Spa and Wellness Center at The Mountain Club on Loon. The entire spa team looks forward to serving you again, real soon, we hope. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I bought voucher from travel zoo and stayed there two nights. It was beginning of the foliage season. There were not so many guests . But some kind of event , they took all the space in the lobby.when we walked around the lobby, it made us feel like we were invading their territory. However The suite was nice. We enjoyed our stay. We would going back if it is not because they are not trust worthy.

They asked my credit card when I checked in and told me for damage charges. I asked about the resort fee and tax I need to pay because the voucher does not include them. The front desk told me they would let me know the balance. I never heard them back. They slid the receipt under the door the day before my check out. It was $0 balance. However the day after ,there were fifty dollars charge showing up on my credit card account . I called them that I 'd like to get a receipt since
I paid for it. I know it was resort fee and tax. She did not even explain why the receipt was $0 at the first time . No apologize neither. She sounded a little rude . She simply emailed me a receipt of 50 dollars deposit. Nothing about tax and resort fee. If you go there next time , I would be watching your credit card charges after you leave. I do not like someone just takes my money from my credit card without my acknowledgment.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank CoralZ
Thank you for being our guests at The Mountain Club on Loon. Also, thank you for providing a review of your stay. We are sorry for any confusion with your account, this is very rare. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that it can addressed internally. Please let us know if there is anything else? Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club on Loon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel appears nice on the outside, but it has a gross old building smell.
The room itself was too small, no refrigerator available for use, the bedspread had a large red stain, there was hair on the well-worn blanket. Jacuzzi had durty stains (obviously it was not cleaned after the last guests used it).
Someone had left a tray of uneaten food on the floor near the elevator,it remained there for 2 days
We had to drive to four different tight, small parking lots to find a parking spot.
Buffet breakfast was very poorly run and out of many items, we had to wait more than a half-hour to get seated.
The food in the restaurant and the lounge was way overpriced.

Ridiculously overrated for a mid-range hotel.
Not worth 350 for a night!!!

Room Tip: Simply dirty!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dina g
Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on loon. We are sorry to read your review. We realize the hotel was busy during your stay but your comments are rare and exceptional, especially cleanliness and food quality. Again, we apologize and only wish you would communicate directly to us as we would welcome an opportunity to "make things right" for all our guests. Sincerely, The Mountain Club Hospitality Team.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

It's tradition that my spouse and I stay here for my birthday every year.

We no longer own a time share here and live about 4 hours away, so we only visit once a year, but when we do get time to visit it's always great. The weeks after school start and before the foliage starts to peak is a great time because there is hardly anyone in the hotel. Peace and quiet is an understatement.... and it's wonderful!

Our Regency suite in phase 2 was clean, comfortable and spacious. After checking in, we took the gondola to the top of the mountain and enjoyed the bear caves and sight seeing.

Breakfast the next day was served with Ann Marie. She was very sweet and professional. We happened to be the only ones in the restaurant so it was great chatting with her and getting to know her.

Everyone from the management to the housekeeper was friendly, professional, personable and efficient. It's always a joy to stay at this hotel.

Our only (very) small criticism has to do with the AC's in the room. They are wall units but they're controlled by a thermostat on the wall. The settings on the thermostat are locked so you can only change the temperature by a couple degrees and there is no way to get the fan to stay on. So in the middle of the night it will be absolute silence one minute and then the AC fan will kick on and it sounds like a Boeing 747 tearing through your room jolting you from a sound sleep.

Until next time... Thanks for the hospitality. Can't wait to come back!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew R
Thank you for your very kind words in your review. We are honored to serve guests such as yourself. Thank you for being a friend of The Mountain Club on Loon. We too look forward to your next visit. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I couldn't have chosen a better spot to get married. The Mt. Club on the Loon has the best location, ever!! Having my guests go up the summit of Mt. Loon in a gondola for the ceremony was beyond amazing. Even though my wedding was small [35 guests], the staff at Mt Club on Loon payed so much attention to my special day. I'm so glad I had my wedding here, it couldn't have been anymore perfect!

Food was to die for!!!! Even the picky eaters went up to the buffet a second time. Many of the guests came up three times! Thanks to the chef who adjusted the pasta primavera to my likings. It was very kind and very appreciated! Again, the food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

Kelsi and Rob, you guys rock!!!! You guys went out of your way to help us feel more comfortable. Rob, man, you're too cool for words! The little boy you gave the special drink to, was super excited about that drink! That made his night. Thanks for the lovely set up for breakfast, too! You two need a raise!

Emily, thanks for responding to all of my emails, answering all of my questions, telling me it's going to be okay when I was panicking and for adjusting the small and big details I wanted changed. I'm so grateful you had my room changed when it wasn't ready just so that I can change into my wedding gown. You were my hero!!!

Lisa, thank you, thank you, thank you for upgrading us into the Hancock room. What can I say? That room was the one I fell in love with when Juan and I went in there for our orientation. I wasn't really liking the Kingsman Room and it made me jump up and down with a large smile in my face when you told me that I can have the Hancock room...no charge!!! Ahhh!!!! I went crazy with joy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Kevin? Ouuhhhh...I forgot his name...I'm so sorry. Our waiter for our rehearsal dinner was an unbelievably nice man! Dealing with an unexpected party of 16 for dinner while attending other tables was not easy, but you sure made it seem like it was a piece of cake. You had a smile on the whole night and you were patient. We all left with a food satisfaction and a smile on our face. Your people skills are awesome! Stay great!

To the entire staff at the Mt. Club on Loon, you were so nice to us. Everyone had a smiled and everyone was friendly. Maybe it's a New Hampshire thing (I sure as hell haven't seen a lot of smiles and friendliness in Boston), I'm not sure. But, thank you!

My husband and I will be returning as guests soon because the hotel is absolutely inviting! Thanks again!

Cheers,
One happy bride

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being our guests at The Mountain Club on Loon. We greatly appreciate your positive review and thoughtful comments. Your service team is grateful as we hope that you will return again someday soon. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club on Loon.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked a quick, last minute getaway at another "resort" in the area only to find out they screwed up our reservation (only 1 bed and not the 2 we had booked). Best thing that could have happened! After driving by the other "resort" we would not have been happy. Got a great rate for 2 nights, including free breakfast which was excellent! Our studio had a small balcony with a fantastic view, everything was spotless and the Murphy beds very comfy!! Staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We will definitely return!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vacagirl8
Thank you for allowing us to serve you at The Mountain Club on Loon. We are thankful for your positive comments in your review and hope you will think of us next time you decide to travel to The White Mountains of New Hampshire. Sincerely, The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Village Of Loon Mountain
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,244 reviews
The Lodge at Lincoln Station Resort

Been to Mountain Club On Loon? Share your experiences!