“Mountain Club on Loon is Worth It!”

Mountain Club On Loon
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Mountain Club on Loon is Worth It!”
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Stayed there for wedding and reception of family member. Suite was great with plenty of room for family of four. Staff was first class and views of mountains and Fall colors were awesome.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in October during a tour of New England to see the Fall. The view from my room was worth 5 stars alone, the forest a riot of colour and the river running fast and white. I spent an age trying to capture it on with my camera but I fear nothing will do it justice. The hotel room was good ( very large bed; jet bath/shower etc); the staff friendly and a restaurant/bar which was reasonably priced with a good menu. Took a gondala trip up the mountain which was well worth it for the views.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Rhode Island
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Husband and I decided last minute to go away for the long weekend and after reading a few reviews here, I called and booked us. King Club Room was spacious enough for the two of us. Very clean and the bathroom had been recently renovated and included a whirlpool jetted tub. Our room was ready when we arrived at 3:30 so we were able to check in. Rented bikes from the Adventure Center and did the Franconia Notch Tour. They drop you off at the base of Cannon and you bike through FN State Park on the bike path. Lots of places along the way to stop and leave the bikes to hike the trails. Then you bike back to the resort - past Clark's Trading Post - I think it was about 13 miles. We also booked the intermediate Horseback Riding ride as well. An hour ride on some of the trails going up the mountain. Breakfast buffet had all the basics and was pretty good. Had dinner one night in the Black Diamond Grill and was very surprised at how good it was and reasonably priced. The cardio and weight rooms were well equipped and again, very clean as were the locker rooms. I had a couple of spa treatments in the Viaggio Spa - very nice. The staff throughout the resort were friendly and helpful. My husband is a skier and has skied at Loon many times over the years, but never stayed at the resort. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We enjoyed our stay and our teen liked the climbing wall and bungee trampoline. The living room by day becomes the bedroom by night via beds that are built in to the walls and pull down over the sofas. Everything was newly remodeled and in very good condition. Our room was on the top floor and the balcony overlooked the rushing stream. It's true they don't seem to be able to clean the rooms until 5pm or later.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Boston, ma
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Well well, every one has his own story to tell. I have been going to Loon since 1977 when I get married . This place is the most beautiful historic and the most resort full of the best facilities in northeast, Every thing you need is there. As you know no matter where you go and which place you do visit, there is always someone who is not happy and the is our world. There are people who travel and enjoy there visit and some who is complaining and crying for no reason. When we do travel we always encounter the good, the bad. and the ugly. However don’t forget what you have done on your stay with your kids that they were running all night and banging the wall and screaming while you were watching television or doing something else. On my last visit I have encountered such activity for a while, but I do know it was one of those night or weekend happened to be full with convention and many kids, and do I condemend this place for it, did I enjoy my dinner , did I enjoy the facility, did I enjoy the atmosphere, did I enjoy people around me, did I enjoy and seeing th the horses and say hello, did I enjoy my room, and what was it, a studio, or a suite. Of course I rented a suite for my anniversary and the suite was updated with most beautiful further from A to Z . Either we are just a complainer , or just we want to buy the ultimate in our few dollars.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
N Dartmouth MA
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We stayed here for one night in March. I won a radio contest last year and had a voucher for a free overnight stay. You could only use it Sunday-Thursday. We decided to ski at Loon and stay the Sunday night. Check in is 5:00 pm which I find outrageous. I've never stayed at a place that had such a late check in. We finished skiing around 3:30 and decided to try to check in at that time. To my surprise they did allow us to do that. We were given a room on the second floor overlooking the parking lot. Not a great view but for free they aren't going to give me the best room.
We walked into the room and found a small kitchen. It was really clean which I appreciate. There were two murphy beds that pulled down from the wall. They were comfortable and they provided plenty of pillows. One was queen size and the second was a full. My two teenage boys didn't want to share a bed so we took the pillows off of the couch and it was almost the size of a twin bed. They provided extra sheets for the couch. My son was happy to sleep there. The best part of the room was the bathroom. It had the most luxurious shower and heated floors. They provided really nice spa products, soap, lotion and shampoo.
We headed down to check out the pool. It was large but only 4 feet deep. It was in with the spa. There was an indoor basketball/raquet ball court. My boys went down at night to play basketball and were told they had to pay 10.00 to play basketball for 1/2 hr. They didn't end up doing that.
We didn't try out the restaurants and went down the street. This is a very dead area. There isn't anything to do. Most places closed at 5 pm. Boring.
I enjoyed my stay here. Would I pay to stay again? Probably not. I don't like the 5 pm check in and there just isn't a lot to do. One more thing that I didn't appreciate. It snowed over night and by 3 am the plow kept going by the window. No sleep after that.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank msar1076
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We just stayed at the Mountain Club for one night and 2 days of skiing. The room was recently redone and was clean, comfortable and quiet...slopeside view. Big change since our stay last year as they have renovated almost every room...can't beat the ski-ski out location, spa club and food/bar. Its well worth the extra $ to stay on the mountain and have all the amenities right on sight...plus you get $20 off at the restaurant. Never used the car...try it ; you'll love it!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stevegBoston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Village Of Loon Mountain
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,347 reviews
The Lodge at Lincoln Station Resort

Been to Mountain Club On Loon? Share your experiences!