“A lot less for the money”

Rivergreen Resort Hotel
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Boston
“A lot less for the money”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

A beautiful location, and a stunning Hotel made us quite disappointed when we saw our small, ugly room. The room had an odd smell to it, prompting a trip to buy a candle. The bathroom has recently been renovated but when you close the shower curtain it is completely dark with no overhead light to speak of. The furniture was of the "free on the side of the road" variety, ugly and worn. We could see other rooms with Patio's.. Apparently these were the "Queen Suites", which is what we thought we had booked. Our room was essentially the extension off of the queen with two twin beds. We attempted an upgrade but there was no opportunity to do so. The Front desk staff was very nice and polite. The housekeeping left much to be desired as there were a lot of little details that were left out... no shampoo, no refill of the coffee machine etc.

I think we overpaid at $257 for two nights. I realized that we should have stayed at a nearby resort that had far more amenities, and beautiful rooms for $65 more per night.. definitely worth it if you are planning a romantic-type getaway. I've learned my lesson.

• Liked — Close to Mountains
  • Disliked — Small room, expensive for what it was, ugly.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mercenary151

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
NH
Reviewed 17 August 2008

We have just arrived home from Rivergreen Resort. The room
was very nice could have not asked for more. It was the perfect set up for our family. When we arrived at our room last night our key would not open the door. The front desk clerk Rhonda
blamed my husband she told him if you carry the key near a cell phone it would not work. He told her he didn't there was something wrong with the lock. The lock was broken and the had no way to get us back into the room without calling a maintenance man who lived an hour away. Their was a man who was checking in who was a lock smith and after 45 min. of his time he got us into our room. The front desk clerk was extremely rude I have never seen anything quite like it. CUSTOMER SERVICE she knows nothing about!!! I think they need some serious employee training. The housekeeper who was on was more helpfull than anyone and she has only worked there for three days. I would recommend finding another resort in the area only because of management. I wish I had read some of the reviews before I booked it. The real complaints are about employee's.

• Liked — Good Location
  • Disliked — Employee's
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Boston,MA
Reviewed 14 August 2008

This hotel was perfect for our weekend trip to the White Mountains to see the local attractions. it was the least expensive hotel in the area that offered good amenities such as a pool, an outdoor grilling area with screened gazebo and picnic tables, and a big GREAT room with a TV and couches next to the pool so we could lounge while the kids swam.

The room was a standard so we only paid $100 a night - it came with two double beds and a large bath with large jacuzzi. Plenty of dresser and storage space. The rooms are small but we were just there to sleep. Everything was a hop, skip and a jump away... plenty of pancake houses, pizza houses, restaurants,etc.
Many stores and shops within walking distance and yet the hotel is tucked away from the hustle and bustle. The best thing that we loved was the river running right behind the hotel....... you can go out the back and walk over a wooden bridge and watch the rapids or follow a path off the bridge to go right down to the river's edge. Very uplifting !

This is not a "resort" like the Carribean but it is more than a hotel and perfect for the price !

• Liked — Easy to get to everything
  • Disliked — No resturant or room service on premises
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
NH
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I arrived in my room to find a dirty towel on the floor of the bathroom, as well as some long and flowing hair -both left from the last guest. Top that with no light bulb in the lamp, no towels at the pool (although there was plenty of green algae), and brown and black scum at the sink and tub - I was not a happy traveler. I decided to give it a day, reported my concerns. They rewarded me by not bothering to clean the room for two days, despite my repeated request for service.

Oh, and do not expect to be able to see the river from the resort.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank mdiapos
everett
Reviewed 6 July 2008

my family and i had recentley stayed at the rivergreen resort in lincoln nh this place is great from the knowledgable staff to the spotless rooms the staff goes above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your vacation this is a great place to vacation

Stayed July 2008
Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2008

My husband and 3 boys stayed at the Rivergreen in Feb. 2008. When we arrived we were given the wrong accomodations but it was corrected; the clerk apologizing and correcting it with accomodations that were suitable but not what we had booked. The first night we were awakened with screaming and profanity. This continued and I called the desk. The noise stopped for a short time and started up again until I called the desk again. In the morning I voiced my concerns. That night was the same and my family and I were kept up until 3:30 a.m. I complained to the general manager and was offerred a complimentary stay. Despite promises and lots of e-mails this has not happened. My phone calls have not been returned. The clerk that answered the phone told me she did not have a number or address for the corporate office. My stay was filled with a lot of rowdy adults, drinking and smoking by the pool which was ultimately closede due to damage. Terrible response of any kind.

• Liked — Location and past stays
  • Disliked — Management response to complaints and follow-up
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Fall River, MA
Reviewed 21 January 2008

Went up for a quite anniversary getaway. Arrived at night in the snow and this place looked like a 4 star resort from the outside. When when walked in the main door it quickly dropped to a 2 star. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Desk help said our room was "awesome" and had just been remodeled. We did not get that impression at all. Room had a large two person hot tub which we enjoyed each night. Indoor pool was very cold however.
With some minor updating in and around the hotel lobby and some in the rooms, this place would really give a better overall impression. We paid less than $80 a night in the quite off season so it was a good value. Had I paid more I may have been a bit dissapointed.

• Liked — Price, quitness, hot tub
  • Disliked — cleanliness of room and indoor hotel appearance
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family