“Great Place!”

Rivergreen Resort Hotel
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 30 November 2008

We had a great stay at this resort. Pool/hot tub were clean. Hot tub was a tad hot, but still relaxing. Fitness room was just right. Place is within walking distance of town, but off the beaten path so that at night time it's very quiet, which I truely appreciate. We enjoyed our time there and would definitely go back...

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rivergreen Resort Hotel

Reviewed 25 October 2008

We've been to Rivergreen 4 or 5 times since October of 2000 and have always loved it there. When we would check in we would always be greeted as return customers. This year, we went up to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, a fact which I noted on the online registration form. Not that I expected flowers or anything, but when we checked in, not only did we not get recognized as repeat customers, we didn't even get so much as a "congratulations" from the clerk at the front desk. And the room we were given on the 2nd floor overlooked the dilapidated abandoned mill next door -- not exactly a gratuity for being repeat customers and not a terrific love nest in which to celebrate an anniversary.

However, we were determined not to let this mar our special weekend. That is, until about 6:20 the next morning, when the blaring fire alarm woke us up from a sound sleep. We got dressed and waited in the cold for 30 minutes until we were allowed back in, never being told the cause or whether the system was safely functional. Mind you, I'm thankful that there was no fire, but there was also no recognition or even any communication from the resort as to the cause of the alarm or even so much as an apology for the inconvenience. Nor was there any offer of a discount or rebate as remediation. Frankly, I'm appalled at the shoddy state of guest relations at what used to be a very guest-conscious resort. For $200 per night I expect better treatment, especially as return customers. Furthermore, our location at the very end of the resort made it more convenient to use the side entrance, which is marked by a sign which reads that it's open from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. and locked outside of those hours. As we came and went over three days, we found that door locked DURING those hours four times, forcing us to walk all the way around to the front entrance and back down the hall to get to our room. Also, there is no desk clerk from 11:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.

It's sadly clear that things have changed for the worse at Rivergreen with the new management. Shortly after we returned home, we received an e-mail from the hotel asking how we liked our stay and offering us a 10% discount if we booked another stay. I wrote back describing all the above complaints and told them I was willing to go back IF they responded to my complaints and that 10% off wasn't going to cut it. They never did respond, so I can only surmise that they don't care about their guests or our business. We won't be going back.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jazzdood
Reviewed 22 September 2008

3 Couples stayed at the Rivergreen for the Highland Games. We had stayed there last year and had rebooked together this year. Our stay was disapponting. Upon arrival, there were dirty towels left in one room by the maid. We informed the front desk and were dismayed by the lack of interest. The next day one of the couples slept in. When they left the room there was a note saying that housekeeping would be back later. That never happened!! Went down to the front desk to request new towels, etc, got the same disinterest again. The same couple who slept in also had their car towed by the hotel. Seems the hotel does not check the registrations that they ask for upon check in. The second night there was no bedding for the pull out couch. We had to strip a bed in the ajoining room to take care of that situation. Each time I informed the front desk of an "issue" I got the same blank look and no real concern for the problem. There was never any "How can we make this right for you". They just did not care about the problems that we had. The towed car was a ridiculous fiasco. We will not be staying at Rivergreen again!!!

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 2 September 2008

We just returned from the Rivergreen and have to say that it was a great place for our family while we in New Hampshire. We stayed for five nights in a two room suite. Nothing particularly fancy, but plenty of room for us and our three children. The pool and jacuzzi were great...a wonderful place to relax after days filled with hiking, sightseeing and kayaking. I agree that it isn't a "resort", but for the price, it was pleasant and clean. The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and the pool area was well maintained. The only complaint I had was that I wish there was less lighting in the parking lot area....it's difficult to appreciate the beautiful stars and clear skies! It's within walking distance to a grocery store which made it easy to use our fully stocked kitchen.

Reviewed 19 August 2008

We stayed there summer of 2008. The hotel was located off the main road. The entrance on the main road was not paved, and we could not find the substitute entrance at first easily.
We reserved two bed rooms suite. When we got to rooms, one of rooms was not cleaned. I called the front desk, and she told me that all housekeepers went home, and she would talk to the manger and call me back in 10min. She did not call us back until we called her again in 15min. 20min later, housekeepr came over and cleand the room. But jucuzzi tub had still some hair left.
If you have little kids, I would not recommend to stay any floors but first flood. The balcony was nice but spaces between bars are wide enough for small kids to go through!!!
There was an entertainment room, but it was super tiny.
From backyard of the hotel, we saw some old abandoned building, which did not look great at all.

Reviewed 18 August 2008

A beautiful location, and a stunning Hotel made us quite disappointed when we saw our small, ugly room. The room had an odd smell to it, prompting a trip to buy a candle. The bathroom has recently been renovated but when you close the shower curtain it is completely dark with no overhead light to speak of. The furniture was of the "free on the side of the road" variety, ugly and worn. We could see other rooms with Patio's.. Apparently these were the "Queen Suites", which is what we thought we had booked. Our room was essentially the extension off of the queen with two twin beds. We attempted an upgrade but there was no opportunity to do so. The Front desk staff was very nice and polite. The housekeeping left much to be desired as there were a lot of little details that were left out... no shampoo, no refill of the coffee machine etc.

I think we overpaid at $257 for two nights. I realized that we should have stayed at a nearby resort that had far more amenities, and beautiful rooms for $65 more per night.. definitely worth it if you are planning a romantic-type getaway. I've learned my lesson.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mercenary151
Reviewed 17 August 2008

We have just arrived home from Rivergreen Resort. The room
was very nice could have not asked for more. It was the perfect set up for our family. When we arrived at our room last night our key would not open the door. The front desk clerk Rhonda
blamed my husband she told him if you carry the key near a cell phone it would not work. He told her he didn't there was something wrong with the lock. The lock was broken and the had no way to get us back into the room without calling a maintenance man who lived an hour away. Their was a man who was checking in who was a lock smith and after 45 min. of his time he got us into our room. The front desk clerk was extremely rude I have never seen anything quite like it. CUSTOMER SERVICE she knows nothing about!!! I think they need some serious employee training. The housekeeper who was on was more helpfull than anyone and she has only worked there for three days. I would recommend finding another resort in the area only because of management. I wish I had read some of the reviews before I booked it. The real complaints are about employee's.