“Smell of Urine, Dirty Carpet, collected Dirt and Run-down”

Woodwards Resort & Inn
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Munich, Germany
“Smell of Urine, Dirty Carpet, collected Dirt and Run-down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were passing through on our way to canada and so glad when we got out in the morning. The very small room was shabby with old heater, AC and TV. What disgusting was the strong smell of urine. We opened all windows and door, had the AC blasting to hopefully blow the "Bad Air" out. Aftr an hour standing the cold night, we called management. A nice young guy came with a bottle of spray to dissolve the problem... I knew that was no way to take care of the condition but they didnot have other alternative. We were tired so we didnot go looking for another hotel. There was so much dirt under the table, on the heater. Only the bathroom was kept clean. Towels had holes and coffee machine was put next to the toilet. I was afraid to move around lest stir up the dirt and hoped that the smell didnot cling to our clothes. Worst experience!

1 Thank mimi_n197
Woodwards_Manager, General Manager at Woodwards Resort & Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your accommodations. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in keeping our rooms clean and tidy for our guests and we can assure your comments are be taken very seriuosly. We would have been happy to relocate you to another room or to another hotel if we had known of the severity of the situation. We do hope you will come back and give us another try in the future. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our whole family loves staying at Woodwards! The kids never want to leave! The view is fantastic, my son loves the ducks and they are so very friendly.

I love the tennis and even taught my kids how to play suffleboard!

The bonus is the mom actually feels like it is a true vacation with the meal plan and with everyone full and happy mom can enjoy what I consider a true vacation from the everyday!

Cannot wait to return! This was our fifth time and we look forward to many more! Thank you woodwards! Wonderful staft too!

1 Thank Christina F
Norwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

My family and I found Woodwards just this year. It's now our favorite getaway place.

Great Pools, Restaurant, Close to tons of Attraction. We will be back really soon. We have stayed there 3 times now.

1 Thank Suzanne C
Norwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff are very courteous and friendly! My son and I enjoyed the four day trip to the White Mountains, and our stay at Woodward's. We will go back again. The indoor pool was great! Fabulous breakfast menu, reasonable priced!

Janie

1 Thank janie m
Vergennes, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here twice and will go again. Small but has alot an great location. Fantastic deals for the money. Cozy, but with alot to offer! Wait staff spot on! Made my grandkids laugh an brought bread to them to feed the ducks on the pond after breakfast each morning. I didn't know that til it arrived.

Room Tip: Great for kids! Cookies and milk to our room each night was great! Fresh large cookies!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

For the past ten years I have stayed at other family resort in Lincoln but they were booked so after searching the web to find a place that's suits my family needs 2 adults and give children ages ranging from 5 to 17 I came across woodwards resort I will be honest I was a little nervous I don't like change but I did like their summer special if you stay 3 nights you and your family receive free breakfast so I was hook. This is no muffin and coffee breakfast I am talking omelets,Belgian waffles, pancakes and much more. The food is phenomenal the wait staff is so personable Carol is outstanding she is one of the reasons I am coming back Kris the hostess Cindy and Aaron are also amazing people an woodwards should be proud that these people are part of their family Finding people that enjoy what they do is very hard but woodwards has. Cleanliness is over the top I was staying in one of the family suites with the kitchenette so roomy and when we arrived it was spotless and then my kids made themselves at home the next morning the maid came and we came home to a spotless suite truly amazing staff both pools where spotless and the duck pond was an added bonus. We went with the dinner plan and eat dinner there also this is where we met Aaron the food and the service in my book 5 star Woodwards will for now on be the place me and my family stay. Give them a try you won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Phunkfam
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My overall stay at Woordwards was great!! but my dinning experience was a joke. Aaron was our waiter and I must say he was one of the worst we ever had, first we got the wrong food and then we never seen him again to tell him. when he finally came back to our table 40 mins later, he ask if he could get us anything else. lol. we said yes how about the food we ordered. His response was that hes so busy that he didn't have time to retake our order but he would be happy to get us a free dessert. REALLY!!! So if you eat there be really careful on who you get as a waiter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stella420
Woodwards_Manager, General Manager at Woodwards Resort & Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your dining experience in our restaurant. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us overall. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and can ensure you this situation is currently being addressed to make sure it does not happen again in the future. Thank you again and we do hope you will come back and visit us.

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels