“Dinner”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Providence, Rhode Island
“Dinner”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First i wanted to start out with ...It's been a really bad day for us. We've been to three doctors, got some bad news my wife needs surgery, spent, about $2000 in deposits and co-pays, and every clerk treated us like crap.

Now, we've ordered what looks like the cheapest thing on the menu, my wife and I had soup and salad and our waitress Tammy treated us like royalty for, I guess what, about $15? I just wanted to tell you to that if you ever eat here to ask for her as your server, you wont be disappointed She's great and probably the nicest person we've met all day. Andmy wife and I would like to personally thank her for the time she spent talking to us and making us laugh. Its a dying breed but it still lingers on on at Woodwards Steakhouse.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stella w
Woodwards_Manager, General Manager at Woodwards Resort & Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate your review. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Woodstock, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've eaten several times over the years, and am sad to say, it just doesn't seem like anyone really cares about the restaurant. The carpets need to be updated as well as --well I'll stop there. My filet was good, but baked potato soggy skinned and old tasting, and what's with those mini carrots people often eat as a SNACK served as the veggie. Our waitor, Tod/Tom (?) was efficient and friendly, better than most I've been served by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PemiNH

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Searsmont, Maine
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Me and my family stayed at this resort in a suite, and it was not good, first thing is the indoor pool was out of services, then the dryers did not work so after we used the outdoor pool we could not dry out cloths, the pull out couch for a bed is very unconformable. did not get a much sleep. I would not recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: I would not stay at the woodwards resort ever again, I am taking my money and family elseware
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elmersweetland
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The resort was a lot if fun! The setting was very nice, pond, ducks, gazebo, hot tub, indoor and outdoor pools and activities. We so enjoyed playing shuffleboard! Tennis, volleyball, and horseshoes were also available.

Room Tip: Inner to the pond and activities.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol D
Royston
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here on 8th June for five nights as part of a package holiday with Saga. The staff were friendly and the hotel food was OK but the room was TERRIBLE!! The shower broke down twice, the aircon unit and filter was hanging off the wall, the carpet was frayed with long threads hanging, there was a hole in the wall where a socket had been removed, several light bulbs were not working, one tap had no head on it and the bathroom door had large splinters along the bottom. The mattress on one bed had a large hole in the side, and when my husband swung his legs out of bed a sheer metal spring protruded and cut his leg in three places. The whole resort is dilapidated and needs refurbishing.

The ducks were happy; they swam in the outdoor pool every day!

Room Tip: Get a room near to the main building - ours was a long way away, and we got soaked every time it was...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AgnesHertfordshire
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We just had the worst steak ever at this restaurant. Please Don't waste your money here. Steak taste burned and the baked potato must have been left over from the night before. The only decent things were the salad & bread. The drink my husband had was awful and the waitresses was not very pleasant. She acted like she just wanted to leave even though it was still a half hour before closing. Too much money for this quality of food. Very disappointed!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kcarter754
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my first stay at Woodwards and loved every bit of it. The staff was very courteous. The room was very neat and well done. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was facing one part of the woods where a brook runs by. It was very pretty and charming. They have a lot to offer and it is great value for what they charge. In case you are reaching late say anytime past 10 pm you should call them so that they dont cancel your reservation. I found this a little strange though but I am going there the next time I visit Lincoln.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family