“Was Wary due to reviews, but it was good!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Let me give you some background... i was very very timid to book this and any other hotel in the lincoln area since a lot of the reviews are SOO BAD!!! i always stay at 4 stars, but unfortunately Starwood and hilton properties were just no where near here ! Some things fell through, like how it RAINED and i couldn't go snowboarding, but booking with the advanced rate via online made this reservation non refundable with no date changes..i called but they said no refunds since it was online...and they attempted to move it to the next week, but it's a holiday weekend so the hotel was packed so my bf and i just came up here since we weren't gonna waste all that money for nothing.. I got a king suite, since it was just like 7 bucks more than a regular king room, not sure what the difference is, maybe an extra couch? The person at check in was very friendly, she legit put me FARRR from the ice machine when i noted that...like a floor away LOL...they are only on the 2/4 floors, we were on the 3rd. Free parking, free wifi, and free okay breakfast made this awesome! Black ice was everywhere though... i guess they just don't have a bellman to salt everywhere... the room was really clean... looks old but nothing was broken, no stains anywhere..maybe a chip on the head board.. The heating/ac system is old..the heating kept blowing hot air at us so i had to turn it off and the room was still very hot..and dry... i desperately missed my humidor at home at the point. Quiet night...on a saturday..

Pool is very chlorinated... there's a hot tub! i was very sad i forgot my swimsuit...but my bf got to enjoy all of this since he brought his. There's a real fireplace in the lobby which was nice... not that i spent much time there. The TV could be bigger, but it's okay! The pillows were awful..very small and not soft..the bed was really nice though... i liked the comforters as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CLAR1TY
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Even though we are only a three star hotel, we try to make it a five star with our service and smiles. Unfortunately, Mother Nature let us down during your stay giving us an all day ice storm. Believe it or not, we sanded the parking lot 10 times that day, but there was no keeping up with the ice. We agree about the pillows, and because of everyone complaining about them, we will be changing them soon. We hope that you will come up to the White Mountains again and enjoy the snowboarding. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights over NY eve holiday while skiing at Loon mountain. Location to the mountain is great, just a couple miles. Close to town and all the restaurants and stores. Had plenty of parking. Room was clean and comfortable. Enjoyed the microwave, mini fridge and bar sink. We also had a sleep sofa but didn't use it. Satellite reception of the TV cut out during the snow- but, that is understandable. Bathroom was clean. Beds weren't too soft (I like them softer). Pillows were great and there were down-like comforters which were nice. Heater is forced air- which I hate, but, luckily we mostly had it off during the night. It seemed to either be super hot or cold- hard to get it comfortable. There were two dressers which we liked a lot- but, no mirror except for inside and right outside the bathroom- made getting ready kinda crowded. Shower was nice and hot- actually, too hot if you turned it up, you would get scalded!!! There was some hallway noise and you could hear the plumbing from rooms above. Lots and lots of towels! We used the hot-tub- dated but seemed clean enough. Lots of chlorine! Open to midnight which was great.
Breakfast was good but after 4 days in a row we wished for some more options- scrambled eggs and sausage every day along with make your own waffles for the hot options. They also had cereal, danishes, toast and bagels, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. No flavored coffee or coffee creamers. Plenty of food and the lines for the waffle stations weren't too long.
The best part of the hotel is the staff- they are so friendly! Even upon check-in on Saturday when everyone was checking in and returning from skiing. The agent was very friendly. The staff servicing breakfast was very helpful. Overall we didn't have a single bad experience with someone who worked there. It was a good value for the money compared to the other options for places to stay on this holiday weekend but obviously it's not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: it's far enough away from the road that I think any room would be good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank emilyjoy
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We try our hardest to give 5 star service at family prices. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the front desk staff and the breakfast staff thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My boyfriend and I are frequent flyers here. This is absolutely one of my favorite hotels in Lincoln. This hotel is pet friendly, which is a huge perk for me as I always travel with my pooch, and I love that they offer the dogs a cookie at the desk! The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the suites are even better! I was so impressed at how spacious the suite was that we stayed in, it was a great room. You can hear some noise from the hallways in the regular rooms (doors, talking, etc.) but in my opinion that's to be expected at any hotel and I blame that on careless people. Above all, our favorite perk of this hotel is the BREAKFAST! There's a great variety and everything is fresh, hot, and tasty! I can't comment on the pool as we've never used it (but it always looks nice!), and the grounds are well kept. I highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We do love it when we are visited by doggies. They are always so nice to us. We look forward to your next stay and thank you for making us your favorite hotel in the area.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I just want to say that this is the ONE and ONLY place that I ever stay when I visit NH. The staff here is like "second family" to me and always goes above and beyond to make sure my stay is as wonderful as can be. The service is exceptional and the rooms are always clean. Trust me, I bring a flashlight wherever I go and have my husband inspect the rooms before I even put my bags down. The front desk staff is very friendly as well as the management I have met. (DAVE) Steve down at the breakfast area is awesome as well and makes your mornings enjoyable all the time. It feels great walking into a place that knows you by your names and enjoys seeing you every single time that you come back. If you are looking for a great place to stay, this is it. =)
Looking forward to yet another stay here this upcoming weekend!

Room Tip: Any room would do for a couple, but if you do have a family try and go for the double queen with the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We love it when our guests come back to visit us over and over again. Our staff enjoys spoiling our guests over and over again. Steve in the breakfast area thanks you for your kind words also. We look forward to spoiling you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms were Very clean, comfortable bed. friendly and helpful at front desk and at the continental breakfast. Pool and hot tub a bonus, over all reasonably priced. I would definitely stay again! FYI.... Also great location For those families to spend the night after the Polar Express.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you Beanster62 for your kind words. The staff here are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will be looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Made the trip up to Lincoln to take our kids on the 'Polar Express', which turned out to depart right on the side of the hotel. The hotel was clean and inviting. Nice lobby for breakfast, a fireplace, and the pool was large and well maintained. Our room was spacious and CLEAN, and all of the staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay here on out next trip to Lincoln, and would recommend to anyone coming to visit the town :)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ladyderks
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Our staff here would like to thank you for your kind words. It is always great to hear back from a guest who has had a great stay with us. We try day in and day out to make everyones stay very enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit up here to the White Mountains

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here a few times in the past and enjoyed, yet one stay can ruin it all and what really did us in is management experience. We were on our one year anniversary and wanted to go where it all started, Lincoln, Nh well all was great till the morning following our stay here. My wife received a few bites on both hands/wrists causing bad swelling and pain, called management in regards to them, David L. the manager my wife spoke with was nice in beginning but didn't ask for our number to return a call, we had to ask if he wanted it, then we had to call back all the time to follow up and were told he's not here/ stepped out, so my wife posted on yelp and long behold finally called and said 20% was good enough for refund. And said they are not bed bug bites, since we posted pictures to show, (she saw a doctor and told most likely bed bugs since multiple bites not one and the redness and swelling), yet he(David) is no doctor to call shots and if you google image and/or look up side effects she had were the same. My main point is when all is nice, management is but one problem and they are worse then pulling teeth. I tell my patients, friends, and family about visit so no one has to go through what my wife and I did.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hm8404
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

I sorry that you feel you have to continue complaining about our hotel. I realize that you are upset after Tripadvisor pulled your last complaint that you feel that you have to come after me. I only made my decision based on what our exterminator has told us about bed bugs and from what the Hotel association has told us. the bites that your wife received do not look like bed bugs. Plus the fact that neither you nor anyone else who has been in that room before and after has experienced anything. I am sorry that you want your full refund, but based on the evidence, we do not feel that it was warranted.